Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Louis Stikes again *Stock Stage 0 1/8th mile runs*

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Louis Stikes again *Stock Stage 0 1/8th mile runs*

I went to the 1/8th mile track to show support for one of our crew members, Louis. Some may have heard me mention him a few times. He has a Stage 0, and nothing else. Car is competely stock other than the turbo kit. You might have also seen me mention that his clutch is slipping constantly. He ordered a new clutch/fidanza flywheel combo, that got delivered, but is not installed in the car yet. So, we went to the track anyway. I brought along those used up Drag radials just to see if he can get anything out of them (He currently, just runs on Falken Street tires). He has the old version of ZPI's log manifold, so he has a crack in it. He hits 6 lbs of boost, but it only holds at 5.

Well, Add these new Kills to Louis' list:

Turbo charged RSX Type S (not a misquote, yes a Type S)
Specs:
6 PSI of boost (unknown turbo, but larger than a 16G)
Street tires
8500 RPM redline (incase you didn't know)

Mazda 3 (or 6, don't know their models to well)
Factory Turboed.

SRT-4 (Not a victory, but it came down to .2 tenths of a second)
Mopar Stage 2 SRT-4
Drag Radials

On the RSX Type S turbo:
Before I got to the track, the RSX was getting Louis by 1 car length and had won 2 races against Louis. I get to the track, Louis slaps on the DR's, and beats the RSX 2 times. RSX guy stops racing after that. He came and talked to Louis conversation was something like this:

RSX: Man, that last race, when we took off, you were like....BAMM! I was like WTF

Louis: Yeah, I changed tires...

RSX: I Knew something was different, cause you just straight Jumped me. I was catching back up on the top end.

Me: Don't you have like 8k RPM though.

RSX: 8500

Me: Yeah, naturally you would, these cars only go to like 6500

RSXtalking back to Louis as they are getting ready to race again), don't go jumping me again.

Louis: LOL.

Second race Louis beats him again. Louis looks over, and the RSX guy got his head slumped over shaking it in Disbelief.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The Mazda 3 Turbo Guy was racing Louis before I got there(on the Falken tires obviously). Louis said that the Mazda guy was confident that he was going to beat Louis. He said the Mazda guy was telling him he will take it easy the first run on Louis.

Louis Beats him...

Mazda guy comes back, says "Ok" you got me that time, but now I'll get you.

Louis Beats him again....

Mazda guy goes parks his car and sits in the bleechers to watch the rest of the night....

Then, when I get there to give Louis the DR's. He starts racing again. Mazda guy is sitting in the stands, and on one of the resting periods, Louis is out of his car, and just walking around. He passed the Mazda guy, and the guy stops him.

Mazda guy: Yo, Did you turn up the boost or something?

Louis: No, just changed tires....

Mazda guy: WHAT! That's IT! What tires you running?

Louis: I don't remember... Some that my friend let me borrow.

At this time, I'm walking past, and yell to Louis, Don't think you are going home with my tires....
Old 08-11-2007, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

SRT-4 with the Mopar Stage 2 has a history with racing Louis. Louis has a goal of beating this guy. The SRT-4 was running Constant 9.2's all night, and pretty much all the time (guy needs some practice, cause he mentioned that he ran high 8's when it was a Stage 1).

So, this is sorta Louis' benchmark in trying to beat him. Everytime, he beats Louis by a car. He is on DR's like I said. So, Louis has had a good set of practice runs before the elimination rounds. Low and Behold, elimination starts, and Louis first opponent is the SRT-4. We were all to see this one, cause we new it was going to be a fight.

Side Note: Forgot to mention, the 1/8th mile track is/was running PRO Tree All night long. For beginners and advanced. Everyone was running on the PRO Tree. Louis is HELLA GOOD at getting off the Tree. His reaction time sad to say is probably better than mine.

Ok, back to the suspense. Tree Lights! BAMM! Louis Jumps like 2 1/2 cars on the SRT-4 guy. And pulling HARD!!! Half way down (around 3rd Gear), SRT-4 starts reeling Louis in. We are all watching as the cars get smaller as they near the finish line.....IT'S NECK AND NECK...

Both cars Cross, and the SRT-4 Gets the Green Light WIN! It was a Photo Finish folks. It just so happen the SRT-4 runs it's BEST time of the night agains Louis in the Elimination round. Clicking off a 9.0xx to Louis' 9.24xx. It was that close..

Later, Louis, me and the SRT-4 guy were talking, recaping on the close butt race.

SRT-4 guy: Man, of all the times we have raced, that time I was Scared. I thought you for sure had me dude.

Louis: Man that was Good. (with the largest grin on his face...lol). I haven't been that close to you ever.

SRT-4 guy: Yeah, that was indeed crazy. I couldn't tell WHO won.

Louis: Yeah, next time I'm going to have the new clutch in, along with full exhaust (as he has these sitting at the house, we will be installing them next weekend). I'm all stock everything right now, but I'll have that new clutch in, we (Me and Louis) are going to put it in next week.

SRT-4 guy: I guess you will be waving Bye Bye to me then... Dang if that's going on, you are going to getting better. Those Scions are nice cars.

Well, there you have it folks. Sorry for such long story. I unfortunately CAN'T find the FREAKING video camera, so I have no vid for you guys this time around. But Louis' Stage 0 adventures continue. The next installment will hopefully be Louis breaking high 8's with a Stage 0 with the help of a clutch that isn't Stock and Not slipping, and the addition of a full exhaust.

He could be the first Stage 0 to break 13's in the 1/4mile. We will see.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

9's in 1/8 still isnt impressive, we'll see how it goes with a new clutch and flywheel
Old 08-11-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
9's in 1/8 still isnt impressive, we'll see how it goes with a new clutch and flywheel

12.7 on a built motor isnt impressive either, but I didn't come in with my first comment being a negative tone when you posted it did I?
Old 08-11-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think we have any 1/8th mile races here, maybe they have them on special nights or something. I think that would be more interesting then 1/4th mile. Nice post though.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

12.7 on a built motor isnt impressive either, but I didn't come in with my first comment being a negative tone when you posted it did I?
a 12.7 on street tires is pretty impresive to me. he could be making all the power in the world. but he's got to get it to the ground. congrats to louis on fresh kills. but im still waiting on 13's.

and please stop refering to boosted cars as stock in any way. thats like me saying my car is stock, except for this, this, this....
Old 08-11-2007, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

my best time on a 1/8th track is a 10.13.....lowered and CAI only
beat a supercharged tC with mods a couple of times.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there fuel managment done on Louis's car? Also the exhaust, is it with a stock s-pipe back? .... Those are good nubers thats good for low 14's on the 1/4
Old 08-11-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

a 12.7 on street tires is pretty impresive to me. he could be making all the power in the world. but he's got to get it to the ground. congrats to louis on fresh kills. but im still waiting on 13's.

and please stop refering to boosted cars as stock in any way. thats like me saying my car is stock, except for this, this, this....

And? Your point? Louis has no intercooler, stock injectors, stock clutch (that's slipping for the longest time), stock exhaust, and street tires too, and has beaten cars that came from the factory turboed, intercooled, and sticking right next to cars that are Upgraded beyond their factory turbo setups. Stock in this case meaning there are no supporting mods to go along with the turbo kit that is as basic as they come for the tC.

That was a BS comment, and you know it. We would call that double standard don't you think?
Old 08-11-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess
Is there fuel managment done on Louis's car? Also the exhaust, is it with a stock s-pipe back? .... Those are good nubers thats good for low 14's on the 1/4

He has a street tune on an E-manage blue box. He does not have a Wideband for A/F ratio reading, so knowing the way Kenny tunes, I can imagine his car is somewhere in the 10's A/F ratio wise. Being that the temperature here yesterday was 107 degrees outside, and at night, more around 80 degrees and humid, I can only imagine how rich it might be. But yeah, his exhaust is Stock from the S-pipe all the way back. He took off the factory muffler and put a little "fart" can on it... (no performance gains from that obviously...lol).

But yeah, he just purchased an N1 Tsudo exhaust I think it was, can't remember. He bought the whole thing. S-pipe + Cat-back exhaust. So, now he will have a full system (2.5 inch). The clutch arrived in the mail yesterday. It's a 6 puck clutch that came with the Fidanza flywheel in a combo package. So, we will see what he can make of it. First I'm sure he will go back to the 1/8th mile track and try to better the low 9's time. If he breaks 8's, I think a trip to the 1/4 mile track will be next on the list to see how the mods helped with his Top End performance.

When I tell you the boy can get off the Tree.....DAMN, he can get off the tree. It's crazy...
Old 08-11-2007, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats cool,, 107 Thats dam hot!! Here in Rhode Island evry day is a mistery when it comes to weather, tues was 93 and fri was 57 and now its a nice 73 outside..
Somebody needs to come out with another stage zero kit. Thats all i'm looking for, a non intercooled 5 or 6 psi kit with stock injectors and a decent tune..
Old 08-11-2007, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess
Thats cool,, 107 Thats dam hot!! Here in Rhode Island evry day is a mistery when it comes to weather, tues was 93 and fri was 57 and now its a nice 73 outside..
Somebody needs to come out with another stage zero kit. Thats all i'm looking for, a non intercooled 5 or 6 psi kit with stock injectors and a decent tune..

I think the hardest part on trying to develop your own, would be to get the proper piping size so that the computer does not go Ape ****. But other than that, it's a 16G turbine with pipes connected. It's the measurements/diameter of the pipes that's the trick.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And? Your point? Louis has no intercooler, stock injectors, stock clutch (that's slipping for the longest time), stock exhaust, and street tires too, and has beaten cars that came from the factory turboed, intercooled, and sticking right next to cars that are Upgraded beyond their factory turbo setups. Stock in this case meaning there are no supporting mods to go along with the turbo kit that is as basic as they come for the tC.

That was a BS comment, and you know it. We would call that double standard don't you think?
what was a bs comment? you're getting more and more sensitve by the day how come this friend of yours dosent post for himself. why do you feel the need to be everyones hypeman. im gonna have to start calling you flavor flav from now on. its all well and good that your friend won some races. but lets face it. hes beating the drivers not the cars. hes not really breaking any new ground here. i mean when, not if, but when he gets his 13 second pass, i'll be happy for him. but until that day hes beating drivers, and not the clock. i could come on and post up all my kills at the track of cars that make more power than me (gt500, m5, z06, countless evos, sti's). but all that crap dont matter because its not a constant. the only constant is the clock. so once louis hits 13's, congrats will be waiting.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

what was a bs comment? you're getting more and more sensitve by the day how come this friend of yours dosent post for himself. why do you feel the need to be everyones hypeman. im gonna have to start calling you flavor flav from now on. its all well and good that your friend won some races. but lets face it. hes beating the drivers not the cars. hes not really breaking any new ground here. i mean when, not if, but when he gets his 13 second pass, i'll be happy for him. but until that day hes beating drivers, and not the clock. i could come on and post up all my kills at the track of cars that make more power than me (gt500, m5, z06, countless evos, sti's). but all that crap dont matter because its not a constant. the only constant is the clock. so once louis hits 13's, congrats will be waiting.

As the saying goes, "Crap gets old".

9's in 1/8 still isnt impressive
That BS comment. Not necessary. People always trying to tear down what others work hard to accomplish. He works hard to save up to put parts on his car, with his own money, not something someone does for him. I'm not saying I'm a saint, but what happen to trying to encourage people to go faster and faster. Instead, spoiled little snotty kids have taken over, and think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

He don't post on here because he JUST got internet connection at his house probably less than 2 months ago, so I highly doubt he even knows what SL is. Even then though, he is to busy out enjoying his car and making what he can of it. Ever since he became boosted, the boy just went RACE happy. His # of races and confirmed kills, are starting to rival mine. He races all the freakin time. Everytime I'm following him or something, I can't even count how many times I hear him open the WG...

I post up for him to give information to those that have a Stage 0. I consider Louis a good driver. And showing what can be accomplished with such a standard turbo kit, to give users new and old information on what they can suspect from a setup like this. I'm sorry if you don't like that I'm trying to help people, I'm not forcing you to read any of this and make a comment. You saw the title of the thread, its not misleading in its purpose, so why would you come in and make a comment on me sharing an experience with everyone. Am I not allowed to tell a good story?

I swear, grown people can't have a normal conversation without little children coming in to say "My Lego set looks prettier than your Lego Set".
Old 08-11-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why are you making it seem like everyone is out to get you??? one of the first things i did was congradulate louis on his kills.

"congrats to louis on fresh kills. "

and then i showed my confidence that he would run 13's

"i mean when, not if, but when he gets his 13 second pass, i'll be happy for him."

relax travis. sorry if i made you feel as if im trying to bash on you and louis. what happened to the old travis that would fire back with a funny smartass comment?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Had this been ANY, and I mean ANY other Scion community based site, this thread would have been met with "Congratulations, that's awesome to beat out the Turbo Type S, and Mazda". I'm not nieve, I don't need to be told that Louis beat the driver rather than the car. But you know what, the Driver is Apart of the Race. So, take it or leave it. You loose to a car that you know you can beat, go home and practice then, cause obviously the guy you lost to is better than you. A race is a race is a race. Sorry they don't stick robotic men in the driver seat, who are systematically calculated to shift, launch, and drive perfectly every single time.

But hey, this is SL, so I guess we should all just accept that this site has gone to the Dung Beetles...
Old 08-11-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spoiled? I pay for everything on my car my god damn self....You came on here writing a ____in novel about the race's like ur ____ing a play by play analyst for espn or some ____. You can tell me all day that 12.7 isnt impressive but yet im faster than you built motor or not, im still faster than you. Beating a mazda 3 or 6 isnt impressive...A rsx-s with 7 psi will rape him in the 1/4 if he can drive and that goes for the srt4 also. You gave him some beat up drag radials like you said. I have never even put drag radials on my car...
but back on topic, sorry for my "spoiled little snotty kid" rant...

Louis, good luck being the first stage 0 to break into the 13's. Strap some slicks on and do it big!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had this been ANY, and I mean ANY other Scion community based site, this thread would have been met with "Congratulations, that's awesome to beat out the Turbo Type S, and Mazda". I'm not nieve, I don't need to be told that Louis beat the driver rather than the car. But you know what, the Driver is Apart of the Race. So, take it or leave it. You loose to a car that you know you can beat, go home and practice then, cause obviously the guy you lost to is better than you. A race is a race is a race. Sorry they don't stick robotic men in the driver seat, who are systematically calculated to shift, launch, and drive perfectly every single time.

But hey, this is SL, so I guess we should all just accept that this site has gone to the Dung Beetles...
look dude. i tried to assure you that i ment no i'll will. but if you want to take it as something its not, then be my geust. and if you're so fed up with scionlife and think its gone to the "dung beetles". then why do you post on here every day?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

congrats to louis for the kills.

I think that the very low modified tC's do very well, even compared to the boosted lucky ones. On a 1/8 track it is very easy for us almost stock guys to have decent times against boosted ones because of the length of the track, in a 1/4 it is no match at all. I have beaten Superblue on here 2 out of 4 times and he is boosted. Those were all on 1/8 tracks, he always caught up to me at the end of the track.

Quick Reply: Louis Stikes again *Stock Stage 0 1/8th mile runs*