Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Louis Stikes again *Stock Stage 0 1/8th mile runs*

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
ya ive seen him on a Dino before

Come on now! You KNOW I wouldn't wear some RED shoes with black and Red jump suit style pants.... Make it true to form now...
Old 08-16-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
What happned to talking about the stage 0?

Oh the wonderful land of ScionLife.

Anyhow, returning back to the Track this Friday. Anyone prefer doing their burnouts in 2nd gear instead of 1st? Going to try 2nd gear burnout instead of 1st so he can actually warm up the tires. I think he got the S-pipe in and will have it installed by Friday. The rest of the exhaust has not arrived yet (even though he paid for 3 day shipping ). And we have not installed the clutch and flywheel yet, so still on the stocker for this Friday. We will do the clutch/flywheel install Saturday.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Anyhow, returning back to the Track this Friday. Anyone prefer doing their burnouts in 2nd gear instead of 1st? Going to try 2nd gear burnout instead of 1st so he can actually warm up the tires. I think he got the S-pipe in and will have it installed by Friday. The rest of the exhaust has not arrived yet (even though he paid for 3 day shipping ). And we have not installed the clutch and flywheel yet, so still on the stocker for this Friday. We will do the clutch/flywheel install Saturday.
when i could do burnouts they were allways in 2nd. start the burnout in the water to soak the tires, then roll out on to the dry surface and do your burnout there. doing the burnout from the water all the way just carrys the water with you more.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

when i could do burnouts they were allways in 2nd. start the burnout in the water to soak the tires, then roll out on to the dry surface and do your burnout there. doing the burnout from the water all the way just carrys the water with you more.

I would usually do mine in 1st (pumping the gas not to hit redline), and then roll out of the water box still doing the burnout, and carry it on up to the stagging lanes. I have not tried 2nd gear personally, but I will next time, as it seems a bit easier on the clutch.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I do it in 1st.. but then again I can't get it to shift into 2nd while i don't have traction.... hooray auto
Old 08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would usually do mine in 1st (pumping the gas not to hit redline), and then roll out of the water box still doing the burnout, and carry it on up to the stagging lanes. I have not tried 2nd gear personally, but I will next time, as it seems a bit easier on the clutch.
i wouldnt say its easier on the clutch. its just to get a faster wheel speed to heat the tires.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wht S-pipe and exhaust did he get?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Wht S-pipe and exhaust did he get?

I think it's Tsudo N1 or something like that, can't remember.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:31 PM
SL Member

First off I would like to say Congrats Louis and good luck on the quest for 13's!!
And for you Rhythmn why is it that almost 99% of all post I read with you on it, you are always taking what people say and make it into some bi@#* fest battle? I mean everyone is entitled to there opinion even if it doesn't agree with yours. Just take a deep breath and it will all be ok.. Oh and my Legos are nicer than yours!! See that was a joke LoL
Old 08-17-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by noskatana94
First off I would like to say Congrats Louis and good luck on the quest for 13's!!
And for you Rhythmn why is it that almost 99% of all post I read with you on it, you are always taking what people say and make it into some bi@#* fest battle? I mean everyone is entitled to there opinion even if it doesn't agree with yours. Just take a deep breath and it will all be ok.. Oh and my Legos are nicer than yours!! See that was a joke LoL

Because people love to argue with me... But I'm done with all that. You just can't fix stupid...
Old 08-17-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by noskatana94

Because people love to argue with me...
Not gonna lie it is fun to argue with travis, even though i have NOTHING against him personally!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

its cause travis takes everything personal...so he makes himself an easy target...and he also does sometimes bring some logical points to the table so its not like arguing with the wall
Old 08-17-2007, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
its cause travis takes everything personal...so he makes himself an easy target...and he also does sometimes bring some logical points to the table so its not like arguing with the wall

I'm just passionate about certain things, so not so much taking it personal, just like to cut to the chase a bit....
Old 08-30-2007, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now that his clutch and exhaust are in, when will you guys be at the track again?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

now that his clutch and exhaust are in, when will you guys be at the track again?

Looking to go this Friday if it does not rain. TN has had a drought for 3 weeks straight and all the grass is dying, but NOW, the weather is making up for all of that so the news has been calling for rain all freaking week. And so far, they have been right, has been raining 3 days straight. The S-pipe by the way was a Megan S-pipe, so I only assume the exhaust is Megan to. He called me yesterday and was asking for tire specs for the BFG's. He went to Sears to order new tires. Not sure if they will be here before Friday or not, so we will see if it rains or what not, and if he gets his tires in. I wonder how different his tune will be also with the exhaust on. No wideband, so can't really tell what changes it made.

I might run the Z, not sure. I need tires myself. I'm down to the Belts in the back.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking to go this Friday if it does not rain. TN has had a drought for 3 weeks straight and all the grass is dying, but NOW, the weather is making up for all of that so the news has been calling for rain all freaking week. And so far, they have been right, has been raining 3 days straight. The S-pipe by the way was a Megan S-pipe, so I only assume the exhaust is Megan to. He called me yesterday and was asking for tire specs for the BFG's. He went to Sears to order new tires. Not sure if they will be here before Friday or not, so we will see if it rains or what not, and if he gets his tires in. I wonder how different his tune will be also with the exhaust on. No wideband, so can't really tell what changes it made.

I might run the Z, not sure. I need tires myself. I'm down to the Belts in the back.
i wouldnt be aiming for anything lower than low 14's with a basicly stock z on street tires. does louis preload his axles? what are his 60' times like. im gonna try to hit 11's myself here soon. but because of the stock revlimiter i will need a 60' of about 1.6 or 1.7.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i wouldnt be aiming for anything lower than low 14's with a basicly stock z on street tires. does louis preload his axles? what are his 60' times like. im gonna try to hit 11's myself here soon. but because of the stock revlimiter i will need a 60' of about 1.6 or 1.7.

I ran 14.1 completely bone stock, as if I rolled out of the factory dealer (spare tire and everything). Only after my 3rd pass. No preloading of the suspension. I can hit 13's no question in my mind, as I was not even launching hard (probably around 3k RPMs). Sticker tires = 13sec passes in a bone stock Z (even the older Z's). Technically, I don't even need sticker tires for 13sec passes in a stock Z (it's been done 'Car&Driver 2004 Z 13.77'). I have slight upgrades (test pipes, plenum spacer, drop in filter, clutch/flywheel, and have removed some things from the hatch to reduce weight somewhat). I'd run 13's no problem with just these small add-ons. I have not installed the Plenum spacer yet, but will soon.

Louis does not preload either. His 60's I believe were in the 2.1-2.2 range. I'm going to try preloading myself, as I have never done preloading in any of my times at the track.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when you preload dont be afraid to rev it up to about 4k-5k rpms. otherwise you will just bog real bad. you do realize that if you run the same times in your z as you do with the tc on dr's, it would be my duty to never let you hear the end of it. :D
Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

when you preload dont be afraid to rev it up to about 4k-5k rpms. otherwise you will just bog real bad. you do realize that if you run the same times in your z as you do with the tc on dr's, it would be my duty to never let you hear the end of it. :D

Yeah, I planned on reving it out to about 5k. If I run the same times in my Z as I did in the tC, it would only be the ET that would be the same. The trapspeed scales would still be leaning in the tC's favor. But it's cool though, as I will be satisfied with both cars deep into the 11's high 10's range. I will start changing the direction/path to which I had intended for the tC to have (which was just a straight line car). Now, I want it to be as balanced as the Z, being that it can turn also. So, my goal would be to have both able to dish it out at the drag track, as well as a few adjustments away from Time Attack settings.

PS.....The Z does not make a good drag car as most others (although it can be fast). It's due to it's rear independent suspension setup.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The reason why I had reved the Z so low before, is because I had previously ran it at the 1/8th mile track (before it was rebuilt), and I was spinning all over at launch because the 1/8th mile track was crappy back in those days. So, I was expecting the same situation at the 1/4 mile track, so I reved low, and did not launch as hard as I could have. The 1/4 mile track is a lot better prepped, but I did not expect that, as I was still on the factory tires and didn't think I would do much if I had reved it higher.

I got three runs in that night, with it being the first time in the Z at the 1/4 mile track.

Went down as follow

I was getting better upon each pass, and on the last one, I had to leave, but I felt that I could have launched harder, so I feel confident that it would have been a 13sec.'er on the next pass. But woman was needing to leave, so I had to bounce.

Quick Reply: Louis Stikes again *Stock Stage 0 1/8th mile runs*