Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Louis Stikes again *Stock Stage 0 1/8th mile runs*

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Maybe you should ask him how he pays for that build by the way.
and how is that travis?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

:steps out of the ring:
I will let your battles continue
I dont think either of you are incompetent, as everyone is wrong here and there from time to time, some more than others, but a vast majority of people here cannot build a motor themselves and hafta pay for the build. Installing a turbo kit is entirely different, as if you are somewhat handy with tools and are able to follow instructions to the T then you should be able to successfully install a turbo kit with minimal issues. Its pretty obvious that you guys do not like eachother, but it is the internet, this is a Scion community, when it boils down to it, at the end of the day everyone is sharing one common interest. I think everyone knows what that is........
Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I mean, I didn't think I would have to spell out EVERY sentence for the most part, but unfortunately, there are a few people who will try and take what you say and find holes in it, JUST for the sake of trying to convince others that you are Wrong, or don't know what you are talking about. Thus is the case here.

So, with that said, I guess I'll SPELL it out for you when I say being "STREET" tuned.

Street tuned....I.E. Not using a Dyno. Street tune being that the car was driven up and down the street with one person driving, and the other (Kenny) in the passenger seat hooked into the E-manage. With the A/F table on screen, and the driver (Louis) driving, after the pull, Kenny is looking at the table of where the A/F layed down it's path. He then adjust accordingly by changing the values in the table, seeing what the car does in between gears, as well as while in the throttle. This is good as I have had our car done this way for nearly a year. Then I got the Wideband. And after that moment, and getting a tune with the confirmation of a Wideband, car ran SO much better because of using the Wideband to confirm things rather than just a single tool (E-manage chart/table).

I would like to try Dyno tunning now, so that it's even more dead on. But even then, everyone knows that after you get off the dyno, you take the car out to confirm the tune by running it on the Street, and adjusting if need be (i.e. Street tunning).
Old 08-13-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like to try Dyno tunning now, so that it's even more dead on. But even then, everyone knows that after you get off the dyno, you take the car out to confirm the tune by running it on the Street, and adjusting if need be (i.e. Street tunning).
there is no need to tune on the street after you take the car off the dyno. all adjustments like partial throtle, and crusing can be made on the rollers. so your car is getting dynoed??
Old 08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Maybe you should ask him how he pays for that build by the way.
and how is that travis?

Hence the reason I said you should ask him... No one is talking to you Brett, if you want to come in and defend your friend, then maybe you should advise him to stop coming into my threads with an agenda. I didn't ask him to come in here with his attitude. He stays out of my way, I would have no reason to mention his name now would I? I don't bother commenting on his stuff, cause I don't live to do such. But the same can't be said for him and when it comes to my threads.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
:steps out of the ring:
I will let your battles continue
I dont think either of you are incompetent, as everyone is wrong here and there from time to time, some more than others, but a vast majority of people here cannot build a motor themselves and hafta pay for the build. Installing a turbo kit is entirely different, as if you are somewhat handy with tools and are able to follow instructions to the T then you should be able to successfully install a turbo kit with minimal issues. Its pretty obvious that you guys do not like eachother, but it is the internet, this is a Scion community, when it boils down to it, at the end of the day everyone is sharing one common interest. I think everyone knows what that is........

It's definitely obvious we don't like each other. But the difference is, I don't come into his stuff saying....."YOU ARE WRONG", and ultimately trying to cause trouble. It has happened ever since he has been back on these boards. It happened last week, and it happened just now.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

there is no need to tune on the street after you take the car off the dyno. all adjustments like partial throtle, and crusing can be made on the rollers. so your car is getting dynoed??

No, I said the next tune will be on a dyno. Since a dyno is readily available now, that is going to be the next source I use getting the car tuned.

It's not uncommon for tunners to confirm the tune on the street. On the dyno you are doing a 1 gear pull. It only seems logical to me that you would then drive the car on the street or whatever, to confirm the A/F settings in Every gear. I'm not arguing with you about it, just saying that for me and my rides, I would like to still confirm it on the street by going through the gears.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No one is talking to you Brett.
thats funny. i could have sworn that this was a public forum.

if you want to come in and defend your friend, then maybe you should advise him to stop coming into my threads with an agenda.
how am i defending anyone?? im simply asking you a question, since you implied that you have some kind of first hand knowlage about aj's finacial situation.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

if you want to come in and defend your friend, then maybe you should advise him to stop coming into my threads with an agenda.
how am i defending anyone?? im simply asking you a question, since you implied that you have some kind of first hand knowlage about aj's finacial situation.

Meh, that would bring me to his level to try and tell people how someone I've never met LIVES. But some little birdies I know have spoken a few things before. But hey, I can neither confirm nor deny it, as I've never been to his living quaters. Nor met him in person.....YET.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On the dyno you are doing a 1 gear pull. It only seems logical to me that you would then drive the car on the street or whatever, to confirm the A/F settings in Every gear.
your a/f ratios should not change regaurdless of what gear you are in. thats why you only need to do a 1 gear pull. otherwise there would need to be different fuel maps for each different gear. you can also take a car through every gear at wot right there on the dyno. i just don't see what you are trying to get at with the whole tune on the street after tuning on the dyno.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

On the dyno you are doing a 1 gear pull. It only seems logical to me that you would then drive the car on the street or whatever, to confirm the A/F settings in Every gear.
your a/f ratios should not change regaurdless of what gear you are in. thats why you only need to do a 1 gear pull. otherwise there would need to be different fuel maps for each different gear. you can also take a car through every gear at wot right there on the dyno. i just don't see what you are trying to get at with the whole tune on the street after tuning on the dyno.

Not trying to get at anything. Just simply saying it's not uncommon, and that I just do what I like to do. And that's confirm it by doing a pull like I was drag racing down the 1/4 mile. I am being meticulous here, not saying everyone should/or does confirm it on the street afterwards.

I'm looking for minimal "Bogs". So, doing a 1/4 mile pull like I'm actual going down the 1/4 mile and seeing that the tune is confirmed, would just make me feel better about it. Just an extra check sum is all.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so when will you be dynoing your car?
Old 08-13-2007, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

so when will you be dynoing your car?

In due time. In due time... Not making a thread about it though.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not saying everyone should/or does confirm it on the street afterwards.
But even then, everyone knows that after you get off the dyno, you take the car out to confirm the tune by running it on the Street, and adjusting if need be (i.e. Street tunning).
dont get all defensive on me now.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

not saying everyone should/or does confirm it on the street afterwards.
But even then, everyone knows that after you get off the dyno, you take the car out to confirm the tune by running it on the Street, and adjusting if need be (i.e. Street tunning).
dont get all defensive on me now.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im glad you can sense when im just jokin.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

Meh, that would bring me to his level to try and tell people how someone I've never met LIVES. But some little birdies I know have spoken a few things before. But hey, I can neither confirm nor deny it, as I've never been to his living quaters. Nor met him in person.....YET.
travis, how can you speak about the benifits of street tuning after dyno tuning when you HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A DYNO... EVER! Where do you come off passing your great "knoweledge" to people who may actually believe you know what you are talking about... You should be ashamed.

BTW...I'd love to hear what your little birdies told you...

FYI:
I own my own home, I have two female room-mates, I have a 1983 Supra, a 2005 tC, a 2006 ZX10r *all paid off* and I'm buying a 2003 SRT-4 (from one of the roomates) at the end of this month. I have a beautiful loving dog, I work for one of the most prestigious companies in the world and I have every toy anyone could want. How about you?

I know you have some nifty gloves and a real nice oil stain in your driveway... anything else? Did you ever pay for ZPI parts? How about taking that "Sponsorship Aquired" tag out of your signature? Better yet, why don't you just leave? I'll give you a dollar if you do!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

congrats! keep it up!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
travis, how can you speak about the benifits of street tuning after dyno tuning when you HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A DYNO... EVER! Where do you come off passing your great "knoweledge" to people who may actually believe you know what you are talking about... You should be ashamed.
Sorry, but you are mistaken. Maybe you should do a search first before saying that I've NEVER been on a dyno....EVER. The only thing you have passed on since coming back is Annoyance.

BTW...I'd love to hear what your little birdies told you...
Why you worried about it.

FYI:
I own my own home, I have two female room-mates, I have a 1983 Supra, a 2005 tC, a 2006 ZX10r *all paid off* and I'm buying a 2003 SRT-4 (from one of the roomates) at the end of this month. I have a beautiful loving dog, I work for one of the most prestigious companies in the world and I have every toy anyone could want. How about you?
Sounds like blah blah blah to me...Didn't know I entitled the thread "AJ and his conquest". You could be Donald Trumps son, still wouldn't change anything. LOL...You could be the janitor for a prestigious company, or CEO, I really wouldn't give a rats dung about it. You are still like Zero for 5 in what you say.

I know you have some nifty gloves and a real nice oil stain in your driveway... anything else? Did you ever pay for ZPI parts? How about taking that "Sponsorship Aquired" tag out of your signature? Better yet, why don't you just leave? I'll give you a dollar if you do!
More Blah blah blah....you want answers to those questions go to the thread where they are already answered. I'll change my sig when I get good and ready. Better yet why don't you leave like you came, out of the "Blue" with nothing of value to add.

Oil stain in the drive way...
Caused by a late model Ford 150. I don't work on my cars in the drive way, I pull them into the garage for that...DUH.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess
Is there fuel managment done on Louis's car? Also the exhaust, is it with a stock s-pipe back? .... Those are good nubers thats good for low 14's on the 1/4

He has a street tune on an E-manage blue box. He does not have a Wideband for A/F ratio reading, so knowing the way Kenny tunes, I can imagine his car is somewhere in the 10's A/F ratio wise. Being that the temperature here yesterday was 107 degrees outside, and at night, more around 80 degrees and humid, I can only imagine how rich it might be. But yeah, his exhaust is Stock from the S-pipe all the way back. He took off the factory muffler and put a little "fart" can on it... (no performance gains from that obviously...lol).

But yeah, he just purchased an N1 Tsudo exhaust I think it was, can't remember. He bought the whole thing. S-pipe + Cat-back exhaust. So, now he will have a full system (2.5 inch). The clutch arrived in the mail yesterday. It's a 6 puck clutch that came with the Fidanza flywheel in a combo package. So, we will see what he can make of it. First I'm sure he will go back to the 1/8th mile track and try to better the low 9's time. If he breaks 8's, I think a trip to the 1/4 mile track will be next on the list to see how the mods helped with his Top End performance.

When I tell you the boy can get off the Tree.....DAMN, he can get off the tree. It's crazy...
wait, wait..... this whole thread is about a Turbo'd tC that ran low 9's in the 1/8th..... wow.
I got so board sifting through all the posts here looking for a time, not a page description on each pass. Gosh

Quick Reply: Louis Stikes again *Stock Stage 0 1/8th mile runs*