Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

low boost turbo with trd s/c reflash

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 06:25 AM
SL Member

awesome, bro is getting pulley installed by toyota tomorrow, and then Boomslang PnP emanage ultimate is on order. i'll setup the basemap, and its off to the dyno for pro-tuning.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok well on the 2006 Civic Si there is a reflash from hondata and once u reflash ur ecu u cant use emanage. I dont know if thats the case with tC but I know that usually when u reflash a ECU you are gonna run into problems adding a piggyback. Someone will just have to be a guineapig
Old 03-01-2007, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
Ok well on the 2006 Civic Si there is a reflash from hondata and once u reflash ur ecu u cant use emanage. I dont know if thats the case with tC but I know that usually when u reflash a ECU you are gonna run into problems adding a piggyback. Someone will just have to be a guineapig

That might be a different situation though right ..? ..because thats not hondas flash for a s/c or turbo that they put out. ..im just asking/guessing.....
Old 03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No not directly from honda but its a reflash.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It's ok guys. The S/C'er boys are putting E-manage on their cars to squeeze out more HP. So, you will be ok if you add a piggyback after Reflash.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ I should be posting some higher s/c numbers in a few months. Im shooting for 260whp ...lets see. Thats a realistic number ... but its also going to be tuned for more "useable" hp ...and not tuned for peak hp.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
but its also going to be tuned for more "useable" hp ...and not tuned for peak hp.

It's a S/C'er, the power is uber linear, so how are you going to tune it for more "useable" hp.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a S/C'er, the power is uber linear, so how are you going to tune it for more "useable" hp.
He's right once again! *hears game-show music* Thhhhaats right! Tell him what he's won!!

Grand prize: One year bragging rights woohoo!

*Crowd: *ahhhhh*

Usable horsepower sounds sorta cliche. If you mean add more horsepower through a number of other mods, I understand that, but "usable horsepower" is there.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:39 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
Hondata's flash on the Hondas have a lot more complicated things to work with vs. TRD's flash. Hondata's flash raises rev limiter, aggressively advances ignition, etc. Basically with all out n/a mods. TRD's flash is more of a precautionary tune to keep things safe. (at least thats their intent)

newer Honda ecus are nit picky about tuning. They dont take piggyback systems too readily and tend to reject tunes from safc/emanage type of tuning. B/c they only modify the a/f signals, leaving ignition untouched and out of wack with a/f. Hence, why Hondata says its not a good idea to use piggybacks period. I'm currently doing R&D with Hondata and i've already tested 2 piggyback systems on the k-series, both showed adverse affects. TL ecus require the actual car to be present at Hondata to get a reflash. you cant even send in the ECU. Hondata is currently trying to figure out ways to bypass all the roadblocks of the newer Honda ecus instead the alternative of reverting back to throttle-by-cable for standalone systems.

hey, werent you tuned by jason? he's moving to a bigger shop and is gona become a Hondata base for Texas. Instead of sending ecu's out, he'll do the work himself.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:41 PM
SL Member

^ I should be posting some higher s/c numbers in a few months. Im shooting for 260whp ...lets see. Thats a realistic number ... but its also going to be tuned for more "useable" hp ...and not tuned for peak hp.
pull the nitrous card. John is planning on doing it
Old 03-01-2007, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get a ZPI stage 1 or 2 head. That will net you at least 20-30whp, and the stage 1 is only 500bux. Nice gains!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcnu_702
Get a ZPI stage 1 or 2 head. That will net you at least 20-30whp, and the stage 1 is only 500bux. Nice gains!
Don't forget the hidden cost, if they apply.

There is a $700 FULLY REFUNDABLE core charge on this item. Once you have installed the new Stage 1 head, send back your stock cylinder head, and we will refund the core charge.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
but its also going to be tuned for more "useable" hp ...and not tuned for peak hp.

By moving the power band over to the left.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

oh, how so?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

oh, how so?
Im not a tuner but the tuner I was talking to was saying they can tune it differently. Ive seen that they know what they are doing ....why? do you think that was a bs statement?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't forget the hidden cost, if they apply.
Oh yeah, core charge sorry!

Im not a tuner but the tuner I was talking to was saying they can tune it differently. Ive seen that they know what they are doing ....why? do you think that was a bs statement?
He is indulging you
Old 03-02-2007, 05:19 AM
SL Member

basically jwaggz point is fine tuning will make everything run smoother and you'll gain a more power in the midrange ("useable" Hp) and make more power in the most efficient fuel/ignition settings that will yield best gas mileage at the same time.

heck, my rsx has the same gas mileage from the factory even with a lil boostin' here and there.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

oh, how so?

No one called BS on you bro. I was asking a question.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive seen yamahar6's that have been remapped to make mre partial throttle and low end hp and it makes a world of a diffrence. Im nt sure how much room there is to make mre power on the s/c tho.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I WAS tuned by st00pid (jason) but the ran into some provlems with that tune, and wasnt happy with it and went to T1.

Quick Reply: low boost turbo with trd s/c reflash