Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

M=tuned Turbo kit : little update for now

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just my two cents on the rich tune issue, I've had that issue with my 07 when a tune works great for a short while then goes rich. I'm not sure why but the AEM techs and CFT working together with my very tight schedule (hence the delays in updates) have finally figured this ECU out when dealing with an FIC. Ever since I left their shop a week or so ago, the car idles perfect at 14-15 and cruises just the same. There is no break-up as the RPM's build and the AFR's are perfect through boost (10psi) @ 11.5 WOT. Mid throttle/partial boost is at 12.5. I've got nothing to complain about at all. I'm going back hopefully friday if my schedule allows to get some solid numbers now that I have the colder plugs in and brought the boost up to 10 psi. All is well in the world of my 07 Turbo FIC CFT TC. <<< thats alot of acronyms!!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea but just all of a sudden out of no were the afr's went to 10 and sometimes just has the line going across the board after i reset the battery it stayed in the 11.2 range im praying the o2 sensor fix's it tomorrow
Old 07-21-2009, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea its the crush ecko style tune.. i even took my fic home and reuploaded the tune on it.. and didint change anything
Old 07-21-2009, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and i just droped that tranny outta that tc lol took me like 2 1/2 hours with some good breaks..... time to put the new clutch and flywheel in it and somehow get that trans back on there by myself with a small ___ jack... cant put the subframe back on it yet ive gotta get 2 mount's pressed in and my dude wont let me come over till the am
Old 07-21-2009, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sounds to me like your ECU did what mine did shortly after leaving the shop before. For whatever reason, my 07 doesn't like you touching the fuel map at all. It will play by the rules for a short while and then bam, AFRs in boost are in the low 9's!! My idle was in the 10's. It was tuned great just prior. Now after all the hard work from Omar at CFT, this thing is amazing. It's like it's factory boosted! Me so happy!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea well what am i suposed to do.. try a different tune? not the same basemap ive been useing? i can't drive 2 hours away with it running rich like that
Old 07-21-2009, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

im gonna try and upload a different tune.. if that doesint work im just gonna get that 02 sensor..
Old 07-21-2009, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

im so frusterated with this ish i just wanna get it running right so i can drive 2 the f'ing tuner wensday
Old 07-21-2009, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the O2 sensor isn't functioning, I would replace it for sure. If you can get the car running decent, cruising in the 11's AFR isn't going to kill your car. I pulled my old plugs not too long ago after cruising and idling in the 12's and WOT in the 10's and they barely had any black on them. I've got a check engine light as well but the codes are just the car not liking the turbo setup. Understandable imo. My car even ran somewhat decent without the main O2 sensor connected so I don't know why the secondary would impact you so much. Running rich only sometimes wears out cheap parts prematurely so it's not like you threw a rod *cough cough* ElevationTC *cough cough*.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can send you the basemap my kit came with that is setup for 8 psi but it does run a bit rich as mentioned above. It runs smooth but I would still stay out of boost until you get to the tuner. I ran that tune for months and like I said, my plugs didn't look half bad. Just PM me if you want it.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

justin i would need to know what your fuel trims are....that would explain alot. if trims are too far out then the ecu will have a ____ fit. idk if different elevations has anything to do with it or maybe outside temps. I would think your temps are about the same as they are here as well as elevation. I really dont understand how this stuff could be happening seeing how my boy is running that tune right now without any issues like that.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is his TC an 07+ ? Our humidity is crazy here too.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

yea mine is 08 it did rain hella hard today but i drove to BK in the rain just fine... parked my car then i got in it pulled it inside my work put it in the air to retighten the rack bolts which fixed my poping sound went to back it out to go for a test drive and i looked down and seen my afr's int eh 10's and was like wtf...... my car even started to runn a little ruff... i swaped some brand new plugs in it because the brand new step 2 plugs i got in it are black as coal but that didint make any difference at all
Old 07-21-2009, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

thing is crush friday i uploaded ur tune and it rain very nice just a little rich i kept throwing system to rich codes since i put the tune on.. but in wot it would be at 12-12.5 no higher then 12.5 and pulled nice and hard.. just today outta no were... i pray that o2 sensor fix's it im going to the tuner wensday if soooo
Old 07-21-2009, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
yea mine is 08 it did rain hella hard today but i drove to BK in the rain just fine... parked my car then i got in it pulled it inside my work put it in the air to retighten the rack bolts which fixed my poping sound went to back it out to go for a test drive and i looked down and seen my afr's int eh 10's and was like wtf...... my car even started to runn a little ruff...
Same type scenario I had while on the dyno. Ran great on the dyno (274 whp on mustang dyno) then went insane rich after parking it out front and hanging around for a few mins.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

ok soooo how do i get it retuned? just try a totaly different basemap? give the ecu something different to look at?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

its 3 am i got the tranny back in the tc all my my self with this tiny ___ jack omfg my back is killing me.. i had 2 have my little ___ g/f go out there and jack the tranny up while i litterally held it up.... not 2morrow am i gotta get the mounts pressed in.... gonna go get my aem fic put a diff tune on it.. see if that works.. if not order the o2 sensor...... then install it if that don't work ill just commit suicide cuz idk wtf else to do if it works ima drive it home park it put the subfram back on this tc then get tuned wensday GN everyone and please kee throwing ideas at me FML
Old 07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

dont stress bro...do you have a scangauge? what happens sometimes is the 02 map is telling the ecu that it needs soo much fuel while the fuel map is saying something els...when that happens your ecu is trying damn hard to compensate for the differences and your fuel trims go all out of wack...the best way to avoid such problems with the ecu over correcting this issue is to find out what the fuel trims are and tune accordingly...how are the afr's in idle, light excel (in vac), light boost (1-3 psi and not wot), full boost (wot)
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i just need to get the car running like it was before so i can get to th tuner tomorrow
Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

how far is the tuner? good luck on the tune mang

Quick Reply: M=tuned Turbo kit : little update for now