Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Major boost problem!!!! **PROBLEM SOLVED!!**

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cz3ch
Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
that explains the popping, but what about the popping fuses?

So you're saying that the leak on the injectors are not due to the O-Ring, but due to an internal leak?
If the EFI fuse is blowing and there's a problem with the injectors, it could be fathomable that there is a problem with the actual wiring of the PNP injector harnesses.
Put the factory injectors back in.. as cz3ch and I said.. this will either eliminate the PnP injecotrs or show you there are the problem.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:42 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by canrollya
sounds to me like the injector plugs are shorting .....is dezod still using wire up rc injectors(injectors that you have to change the plugs on) because if they are the wires may be touching and shorting out that would cause your efi fuse to blow. As far as your test in the garage ...you ended up preloading the cylinder and when you turned the key on you fired the plugs . that was your boom sound .
No they are not RC injectors. They are DeaschWerks (sp?) plug and play injectors
Old 12-16-2006, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ok i have the older dezod kit so i was very careful in making sure the injector clips were wired correctly (moot point)
Old 12-16-2006, 04:24 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Stock injectors w/ emanage plugged in, Blown fuse

was going to try again with the emanage unplugged but ran outta fuses
Old 12-16-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

First thing. NEVER put in a higher rated fuse. You are only causing more potential damage. If it is blowing the stock fuse, there is a reason, and you are bound to burn up a connector, wire, component, etc by slapping 30A fuses in like that.

Sounds to me like a wiring issue. Check everything and if you used t-taps, crimps, etc anywhere, throw them in the trash and solder/heat shrink the connections. It will cause less issue down the road.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you change JP2 to 2-3 on the emanage?
Old 12-16-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

watching to see what the solution is
Old 12-16-2006, 06:26 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by engifineer
Sounds to me like a wiring issue. Check everything and if you used t-taps, crimps, etc anywhere, throw them in the trash and solder/heat shrink the connections. It will cause less issue down the road.
i did not have to cut crimp or soder anything. Read before posting. You will see that the only electrical work needed to be done was the emanage and injectors. And BOTH are plug and play. Injectors dropped right in and used the factory harness, and the emanage plugged right in with a plug and play harness
Old 12-16-2006, 06:26 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by zer0
Dezod pre-programed the emanage
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
i did not have to cut crimp or soder anything. Read before posting. You will see that the only electrical work needed to be done was the emanage and injectors. And BOTH are plug and play. Injectors dropped right in and used the factory harness, and the emanage plugged right in with a plug and play harness
Hey, I was just reccomending some things to check.. sorry if I missed the details.

I will leave it to you since I bothered you with that post. Lord knows you dont need any advice..
Old 12-16-2006, 06:41 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

/\/\ your help is appreciated
Old 12-16-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Dezod pre-programed the emanage
Open your emanage up and check to see if JP2 is set to "2-3"
Old 12-16-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He even tested it without our harness and the Emanage and it did the same thing.

Matt I sent you a PM, give me a call.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

If the car still did it without the e-manage connected, and PnP, that is ruled out.

Have you tried to check to make sure all of your new electronics like gauges and such are not doubled grounded or something.

Also consider trying the stock injectors and stock ECU for a crank and idle.

Check your MAF, make sure you did not damage or expose a wire when removing it. Same story with your O2 sensor you recently replaced. Electronics are easy mess up areas for sure.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Prototype_xB any updates?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:27 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

**UPDATE**

PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!!

Thanks a ton to Joe and Paul While talking to Joe on the phone he asked a few questions that kinda sprung something into my mind. When i installed the S-Pipe i remember noticing that the secondary oxygen sensor wiring harness was TOUCHING the bearing hub (dunno exactly what to call it) on the passenger side CV axle. I thought for a minute and BAM! That would explain why it happened after i drove the car for a while! I thought maybe the outter sheathing on the a wire got burnt through exposing metal to metal. This was after joe told me that all the EFI componets ground through the engine block. So this made total sense to me. Exposed wire touching a metal componet that's connected to the block that carries a current of it own, heck yeah, that'll short a fuse!! After getting off the phone with joe, i jacked the car up and slide under it, examined the wiring harness on the sensor and sure enough, a BURN MARK!! There's no way of getting around the sensor touching that bearing hub. The position of the bung is at fault. I wrapped some electrical tape around the wire, unplugged the sensor and then had to run to the store to pick up some fuses, i popped all of mine, . When i got back i dropped in a fuse (20a of course) and cranked it up, SHE LIVES!!! It had the stock injectors in plus the emanage so it idled pretty lean, i cut it off and pushed it up under my garage cuz it was too dark outside to put the 550cc's back in out there. Dropped the new injectors back in, cranked her up and ran perfectly!! Let it idle for a good while and i went yet again cruising, but guess what the best part was!? I made it back home!!!!!

So to sum up, a wire on the secondary O2 sensor touching the bearing hub (still dunno what to call it) on the passenger side CV burnt through the outter sheathing due to heat from the hub exposing metal to metal, shorting out the EFI componets that are grounded through the block popping a fuse. Wow, i swear, i was about to lose my mind!! Spent all this time waiting for the kit (thank you Jet-Hot ) then a hefty install just for this to happen. Wow, it was something pretty simple and for that i'm glad!! Thank God no injector harness faults! I'm pretty well rounded when it comes to F/I, this is my second turbocharged car and i NEVER NEVER had anywhere near the amount of headache i've had today

The kit is wonderful and the HKS BOV IS LOOOOOOOOOOUD!!!

Full review of kit on my other thread, "Another Dezod Kit" in a day or two

Thanks a ton for eveyone tuning in and thanks another ton to everyone that chimed in and tried to help out. I swear i was so happy when i got it running i even gave my dad a hug! You guys know how akward that is I'm only curious as to how i'm the first with the dezod kit to run into this problem. The bung position on the s-pipe i mean. I guess everyone else just had enough smarts to wrap something around the sensor beforehand. I never heard anything of the sort so when i dropped in the s-pipe i assumed R&D of the position had been completed with no problems.

Have a great weekend guys and STAY TUNED!! (Pun intended)
Old 12-16-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What a relief.. congrats and happy boosting.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:36 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Only thing now, i'm running with the secondary O2 disconnected. Joe told me this would affect nothing, so i guess i'll just have to do this until i figure out a way to solve the s-pipe problem.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

glad to hear bro very happy for u, isnt that secodary o2 sensor placed in a weird spottt?, or is it just mine? over all though i think its a sick kit the hks bov sounds sooo sick, just trying to get rid of the check engine light.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Byta27
glad to hear bro very happy for u, isnt that secodary o2 sensor placed in a weird spottt?, or is it just mine? over all though i think its a sick kit the hks bov sounds sooo sick, just trying to get rid of the check engine light.
Yup, i see what you meant now man. I'll end up having to plug that hole and weld in another bung for the secondary. Its not that i didn't believe ya when you kept telling me, its just that i didn't WANNA believe you

Quick Reply: Major boost problem!!!! **PROBLEM SOLVED!!**