Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Massive S/C Build ~~ PRELIM NUMBERS INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by blownupmarine
Yup feeling dumb now

nah man - if i didnt happen to know that brand i would have no clue either.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PghtC
I have a snow kit if you want it. Just buy it off me.
Why r u selling yours?

That's awesome Ethan R U gonna get to a drag strip anytime soon?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'll probably never put it on. I got a motorcycle to clean up now. So I want the money for that. I didn't post it in the classifieds yet, because I am going to Moab and Bryce for a week and won't be around to check email, etc. I'll probably post it up when I return. I fly back to Pgh the 11th in the evening.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc
I talked to Charles about throwing a snow performance kit on there so we might do that when I get the clutch/flywheel done. Next year some ripp cams and a pnp and possibly some pistons look tempting
If you go with the snow kit, ditch the Water to Air IC since it's not really doing you much good - in fact, any benefit it might be giving you is likely being overshadowed by your boost loss. Get rid of the extra plumbing and stick with Water/Meth. It'll definitely be enough
Old 10-02-2006, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I don't know if I'm getting off-topic, but can someone tell me how a water/meth kit works? Is it like nitrous? Why would you use water in the engine, if that's where it goes? Sorry for sounding like a n00b, I just don't know what this is and I have heard a few people talking about it. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

[quote="ryno379"]
Originally Posted by PghtC
That's awesome Ethan R U gonna get to a drag strip anytime soon?

Or better yet, meet me at the Drag Strip...
Old 10-02-2006, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah no shet , i wanna see what it does in the quarter mile. to see if there is hope for the s/c, otherwise im going turbo
Old 10-02-2006, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can talk numbers all day long till your blue in the face but I'm with Travis meet up with him at the track and see what it does once and for all and video it to seattle everyones questions
Old 10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by djrza786
I don't know if I'm getting off-topic, but can someone tell me how a water/meth kit works? Is it like nitrous? Why would you use water in the engine, if that's where it goes? Sorry for sounding like a n00b, I just don't know what this is and I have heard a few people talking about it. Thanks.
because the water is misted out and pretty much not existant by the time it hits the engine. Also - the methanol can be thought of as a weak nos effect. It cools the air down and also increases the octane a tad.

Some people run water/methanol some run water and rubbing alc and some water and heet and some prestone yellow deicer (not antifreeze ... its the yellow prestone windshield deicer). There are many variables. I am using the prestone and karl is using the heet. A guy at work..hes friends use the rubbing alc. Unless you run water and methanol you are getting a 1% detergent being put into your engine. There have been tests that say that it does not harm your engine at all ....not at all ....but some people do not like that factor and get pure meth and cut it w/ 50%ish water.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceNine
I talked to Charles about throwing a snow performance kit on there so we might do that when I get the clutch/flywheel done. Next year some ripp cams and a pnp and possibly some pistons look tempting
If you go with the snow kit, ditch the Water to Air IC since it's not really doing you much good - in fact, any benefit it might be giving you is likely being overshadowed by your boost loss. Get rid of the extra plumbing and stick with Water/Meth. It'll definitely be enough
Actually it helps tremendously, my pipe before the i/c is burning hot after turning the engine off while the pipes after are cold and the boost loss only ended up being about 1/2 lb. The water to air is a perfect i/c kit for the s/c and it'll be that much greater if I add meth to it (dual cooling plus an octane boost )
Old 10-02-2006, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can talk numbers all day long till your blue in the face but I'm with Travis meet up with him at the track and see what it does once and for all and video it to seattle everyones questions
The next time you all are getting ready to come up to ZPI let me know and we'll see what we can do since I can't make it to a strip until next summer.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

kytc...congrats on DA%^ close to 300 whp on a sctc....thats a great news, especially with no internals right??

major props.....great job man....
Old 10-03-2006, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks a lot man, I'm very happy with it. I'm sure I'll want more power in a little while (it's an addiction) but right now it's awesome
Old 10-03-2006, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The next time you all are getting ready to come up to ZPI let me know and we'll see what we can do since I can't make it to a strip until next summer.

Sweet. How aobut I roll up the middle of next week? My weekends are booked right now.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So what belt are you using again with that 14lb pulley? I'm really curious. (Size and brand)

And how are you dealing with belt slip? Seems like I can't get rid of mine regardless of what belt I slap on.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine works fine at night or when it's cold. During the day or when it's hot it expands the belt and I get some slip. I'm going to try belt dressing probably. I'd have to look and see what belt Charles ended up putting on. I know it's a gatorback.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I've tried daycos and gatorbacks - I've heard the gatorbacks slip more (do a search, it was definitely on here). I'm really interested in the belt size. Once you get down to 12 and below, sizing is a problem
Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Sweet. How aobut I roll up the middle of next week? My weekends are booked right now.
I'll let you know later this weekend. I'll be out of town starting Friday so I'll have to let you know. If not this coming week than anytime you head up to ZPI just post up in here and we'll see what we can do.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I'll let you know later this weekend. I'll be out of town starting Friday so I'll have to let you know. If not this coming week than anytime you head up to ZPI just post up in here and we'll see what we can do.

Wed. 10/11, I will be back up there to drop the car off at ZPI for the wideband install. Can you give me a preview of your car then?
Old 10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Enough prelim stuff scan the dyno sheets for all that's holy!

I'd like to see how much actual boost you're getting.... I have a nagging suspicion you have some pretty horrible belt slip

Quick Reply: Massive S/C Build ~~ PRELIM NUMBERS INSIDE!