Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Massive S/C Build ~~ PRELIM NUMBERS INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a 4in x 6in barrel. Here's the kit:

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_...roducts_id=643
Old 07-08-2006, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats man I can't wait to hear it, oh I'm still selling the Tc and getting an 03 IS300 instead of my original plan of teh 95' supra. I am going S/C it also.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To ANYONE JUST now joining the thread to see the pics/vid here ya go again

Originally Posted by kytc

Here's a video of the BOV:

Old 07-08-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How come you didn't go with a bigger core. It looks like you have plenty of room.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

wow!!! that is not what i expected it to look like! but wow again! bov sounds good!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

amazing... i am assuming however that if i was to get a ZPI intake, i could not keep my optima yellowtop in the same location...
Old 07-09-2006, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Where is the breather hose from the driver side of the valve cover?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Piping should, I'm not certain but I think from measuring that ZPI should be able to fit the pipe in right where the stock is once they clock the s/c housing just a bit. If they get in there and that won't work then I'll let them just do what works. Whatever they do it will be substantial less piping then the FMIC, probably a 1/4 of the piping if not less. I got the intercooler for about $1050 shipped from tweakit performance in Australia and ZPI quoted me 3 hrs or less at $95 per hour plus $150 for them to get the pipe and weld it to the intercooler barrel. So if you say 3 hrs it ends up being around $1450-2000.
It doesn't look like it came out like you originally planned. I thought the whole point of using the liquid to air intercooler was to use less piping. It looks to me like you have almost as much piping as a front mount.

Jeremy
Old 07-09-2006, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't go with the bigger core b/c there's definitely no more room for a bigger one. It did use less piping, not as much as I'd originally thought. With the s/c there's basically no room to work with where it's at, so this is probably the shortest piping as you're gonna have. The boost loss is no big deal, I'll just get a pulley to make it up.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The breather valve has always been plugged off, even after the dealer installed the s/c. I'm gonna get a catch can and route the two breather valves into the exhaust eventually.

The pictures don't really do the kit justice, you'd have to see the car and ride in it before and after to really feel how much different it is.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

absolute creamage
Old 07-09-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't go with the bigger core b/c there's definitely no more room for a bigger one. It did use less piping, not as much as I'd originally thought. With the s/c there's basically no room to work with where it's at, so this is probably the shortest piping as you're gonna have. The boost loss is no big deal, I'll just get a pulley to make it up.
I am not trying to down grade your setup but it looks like they rushed right through this project. I guess I don't understand why they mig welded all your piping when all there turbo systems have nice tig welds. Why did they use silicone couplers to make up for bends they could not make? You could have gone up at least one core size by welding an aluminum elbow directly on the supercharger and using one silicone coupler instead of the two couplers and the large radius bend they used.

Jeremy
Old 07-09-2006, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by KCTTC
I am not trying to down grade your setup but it looks like they rushed right through this project. I guess I don't understand why they mig welded all your piping when all there turbo systems have nice tig welds. Why did they use silicone couplers to make up for bends they could not make? You could have gone up at least one core size by welding an aluminum elbow directly on the supercharger and using one silicone coupler instead of the two couplers and the large radius bend they used.

Jeremy

I think that would have been substantially MORE difficult to complete, therefore increasing the cost.

Congrats bro. Now vids of the car under load would be viscious.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not trying to down grade your setup but it looks like they rushed right through this project.
It sounds to me like you are. I had the option of welding onto the s/c however I didn't want to do that because if I ever had problems, wanted to sell the s/c, or w/e it would be a biscuit to do. For the extensive work that had to be done the kit is beautiful and works MUCH better than expected.

They could've made and welded the bends that they used the couplers for however it would've been impossible to install or uninstall. A larger barrel is not needed, look at Sciondad's setup, he's using the same barrel and running a stage 1.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not trying to down grade your setup but it looks like they rushed right through this project.
It sounds to me like you are. I had the option of welding onto the s/c however I didn't want to do that because if I ever had problems, wanted to sell the s/c, or w/e it would be a biscuit to do. For the extensive work that had to be done the kit is beautiful and works MUCH better than expected.

They could've made and welded the bends that they used the couplers for however it would've been impossible to install or uninstall. A larger barrel is not needed, look at Sciondad's setup, he's using the same barrel and running a stage 1.
Sorry I did not mean to come off like that. I just expected more. If you like it and it works I guess thats all that matters.

Jeremy
Old 07-09-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's probably not another person that is as big of a perfectionist as me when it comes to cars. If there was a better way to do this that was feasible it would've been done, I promise you that.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

One thing that im wondering about was .... now that you have a bov instead of a bpv ... how is it reading the correct amount of air if its being blown out instead of recirculated?
Old 07-09-2006, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It actually hasn't been that big of a problem. It throws it off just a touch but it's not bad. The emanage ultimate will completely fix it. The biggest problem is just the idle is so rich it's ridiculous. At idle the afr's stay at 10 so it's a pain to keep alive at the stop light. After a day's experience afr's at cruise range from 14.7-15.2, Full throttle 11-13, idle 10. I'm actually pretty impressed with the TRD reflash and how it's managing it so well with the maf so messed up from the custom intake and it being so close to the s/c and a bov on it. Charles is ordering the ultimate for me Monday and I'll be out of town next week so three weeks from today is ultimate, injectors, and upped boost. I'm going to try and hook the AEM wideband up to it though and do the auto program if possible until I go to Charles.

I had my first major scare tonight on the way home, lol. I had just gotten on it and all of a sudden the car just starts going crazy, afr's drop to 10 and it sounds like a helicopter landing. So I limp home and found that I'd experienced my first charge pipe blow off. Needless to say it's ridiculously tight now and some t-bolt clamps are being ordered tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

wow tjhat looks insane!!! congrats, MORE VIDS!!!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My gf took another tonight of the bov inside the car when I was taking her home I'll try and get it up tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Massive S/C Build ~~ PRELIM NUMBERS INSIDE!