Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Massive S/C Build ~~ PRELIM NUMBERS INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Garage1217
Check the under dash fuses..?
Checked those as well, no luck there either

The add a fuse did blow one fuse but and gets power to w/e you're wanting to get power to but idk about the protection. One thing people close to me know is that I have horrible luck with stuff working right the first time without a hitch (like exhaust pipe rattles, etc lol), as evidenced here
Old 06-21-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just wish I had the Toyota equipment to check the immobilizer and fix it if that is the case.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I got my car towed to the dealer today and they just called and told me everything was fixed. It sounded like some stuff got messed up with that add-a-fuse plugged in to the ecu-b fuse in the engine bay. So if you're doing an electric gauge that needs power during startup I wouldn't use the ecu-b fuse or any fuse under the hood as they can cause some major damage. There's like 3 fuses on the inside you can use so I'd use one of those. Learn from my $300 mistake, lol.

Anyways, Friday is still on for ZPI. I might be getting everything on but the injectors, pulley, and AEM EMS and making an appointment for them when I get the AEM in as I still don't have it nor have heard from Lance at Toyomoto. I wish someone on here knew him and spoke to him regularly and could find out what's going on for me.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

GO, GO, GO sweet stuff
Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have a pic of the spots you used to power your gauges via Add a Fuse?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't have pics. It's the ecu-b fuse in the box in the engine bay.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well guys I just got off the phone with Kenny. I'm dropping the car off tomorrow at Louisville and leaving it for a week. While it's there ZPI will be installing: Intercooler, ZPI s/c intake, Greddy Type RS BOV, catalytic converter into my midpipe, and an AEM wideband.

Now for the pulley, injectors, and AEM

If the intercooler takes too much boost away they'll put the pulley on to make it up and make me a custom higher boost one when I get the AEM on -- We'll just have to see how much boost is lost.

Since I don't have the AEM in I'm going to take the car back up when I get it and have them do that and the new injectors

I also will either be getting a clutch, flywheel, and lsd or just the clutch and flywheel in about 2-3 months

Overall my final power goals after these two trips with everything listed in my signature put on are 300whp at 11-12 psi
Old 06-22-2006, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck bro. be safe driving to the shop!

i'll be watching... as usual.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc
Well guys I just got off the phone with Kenny. I'm dropping the car off tomorrow at Louisville and leaving it for a week. While it's there ZPI will be installing: Intercooler, ZPI s/c intake, Greddy Type RS BOV, catalytic converter into my midpipe, and an AEM wideband.

Now for the pulley, injectors, and AEM

If the intercooler takes too much boost away they'll put the pulley on to make it up and make me a custom higher boost one when I get the AEM on -- We'll just have to see how much boost is lost.

Since I don't have the AEM in I'm going to take the car back up when I get it and have them do that and the new injectors

I also will either be getting a clutch, flywheel, and lsd or just the clutch and flywheel in about 2-3 months

Overall my final power goals after these two trips with everything listed in my signature put on are 300whp at 11-12 psi
With an efficient intercooler setup, you wont see more then a 0.5psi pressure drop at 15psi. across the core. Anything more then a half a lb at your boost levels and the intercooler, or design is flawed.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I dropped the car off today at ZPI. I'm not going to start an argument about them or why haven't they sent out my turbo kit or whatever so don't start that stuff I just want to speak from my first experience with them. Kenny is one of the coolest guys I've ever met and everyone there are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Kenny knows his stuff and he's got some crazy stuff going on, lol. Anyways he thinks the project is going to end up looking pretty nice. They're dynoing it after the intercooler and stuff and then again after the AEM when I go back to do that. I pick the car up next Friday and won't be on here or anything until then as I'll be out of town.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc
Well I dropped the car off today at ZPI. I'm not going to start an argument about them or why haven't they sent out my turbo kit? or whatever so don't start that stuff I just want to speak from my first experience with them. Kenny is one of the coolest guys I've ever met and everyone there is some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Kenny knows his stuff and he's got some crazy stuff going on, lol. Anyways he thinks the project is going to end up looking pretty nice. They're dynoing it after the intercooler and stuff and then again after the AEM when I go back to do that. I pick the car up next Friday and won't be on here or anything until then as I'll be out of town.
Awesome man, glad you got there A-OK!
Cant wait to see some pics! Hope everything works out for you.

As regaurds to Kenny, I do not think he is an overal bad person, I'll just leave it at that.

vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr psh ... heheh :D
Old 06-24-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant wait for the results...
Old 06-24-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
As regaurds to Kenny, I do not think he is an overal bad person, I'll just leave it at that.
I can understand, I know they've had their issues and I just thought they might appreciate some good comments about them since most on here is negative (whether deserved or undeserved is none of my business, I only judge businesses on my personal experiences with them)

I'll scan the dyno graphs and take some pics next week after I pick it up as well
Old 06-24-2006, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I guess its different with them when you spend thousands of dollars and visit them personally. Over the phone customers dont matter
Old 06-24-2006, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hope everything goes well
Old 06-24-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yay....waiting again.

:D
Old 06-25-2006, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmmm... those guys at ZPI were always great with me over the phone... I only spent $300... oh well im watching, waiting and drooling... i'm itchin to get back to FI... Blowing a motor set me back longer than I thought it would
Old 06-27-2006, 10:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so whats the whp estimate with all this?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by OutCrnrU
I guess its different with them when you spend thousands of dollars and visit them personally. Over the phone customers dont matter
Yep if the cars not there you got no hope it seems...
Old 06-27-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im voting keith for president 08

Quick Reply: Massive S/C Build ~~ PRELIM NUMBERS INSIDE!