Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

me beautiful stage 3 block

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Change the "C" clamps while you are at it Brett. Kenny had the same problem on Brian (Jesters) car, and he changed the clamps to more Heavy duty type.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your going to need to bead-roll your pipes or run some t-bolts
Old 04-19-2007, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what kinda 60 foot? you should be pulling some better times then that with that mph. Congrats!!!!

ZPI kit doesnt come with tbolts???????
Old 04-19-2007, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
what kinda 60 foot? you should be pulling some better times then that with that mph. Congrats!!!!

106 MPH is a High 12sec run.

I ran 105mph Last Tuesday on 8.9 PSI and Worn Out Drag Radials by the way...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i trapped high then 106, and im untuned....
Old 04-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

I smell group buy on the Clutchmasters stage 7....

I'm in!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tilton FTW...
Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
SL Member

im probably going back on friday to se if i can get my times to drop. btw travis what was your et?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
I smell group buy on the Clutchmasters stage 7....

I'm in!
this is th one i need http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1759/496/
Old 04-19-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SPEC's new + line of clutches are awesome. they hold the torque very well and are super streetable. here is one to consider that is a 1/3 of the cost for the CM stage 7.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pric...mport_Stage_3+

this clutch is good to 600ft lbs of torque. this is the clutch i'm going with.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
im probably going back on friday to se if i can get my times to drop. btw travis what was your et?

Only got two runs in, and having one DR at 40 PSI (the one that actually counts) and the other one at 20 PSI doesn't make for a good ET. Add the fact that the car runs 10.0 A/F ration at WOT and the DR's are over a year old, and the one that was at 40 PSI looked like a race slick from being used at Last years Scion Shootout = 13 sec runs with 12sec trapspeeds....lol.

That was my first time at the 1/4 track with the car. Only two runs and then the track closed, so I was ____ed as it takes an HR for me to get there.

I'm going back Tues, and will get there early enough this time to check all my tire pressures and find my rhythm with the car. I just installed the Turbo XS boost controller last night. So now the car holds steady at 10.1 PSI instead of 8.9 PSI. Spikes a sec to 11.6 and holds at 10.1 so we will see how she Putt Putt down the 1320.

PS...Even with my problems that night, I was still faster than this modded GTO...
Old 04-19-2007, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice. but i just think its funny how the wastegate on that manifold is in a totally useless position.

"An external wastegate requires a specially constructed turbo manifold with a dedicated runner going to the wastegate"....

that wastegate only relievs exhaust from 2-3 cylinders tops...
Old 04-19-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so what did u run travis
Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by StealthScion
nice. but i just think its funny how the wastegate on that manifold is in a totally useless position.

"An external wastegate requires a specially constructed turbo manifold with a dedicated runner going to the wastegate"....

What manifold are you talking about? What difference does it make if it did it from all 4 anyway, relieving pressure is just that....relieving pressure.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
so what did u run travis
I said 13 sec ET's with 12 sec Trapspeeds.

Not worthy of making a post about 13 sec runs. So, now that the car is holding a REAL 10 PSI, I will run it and find what she does. THEN I will post about those times. Won't have time to Retune it before going to the track though, so still will be running 10.0 A/F Ratio at WOT.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are you trapping...
Old 04-19-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

What manifold are you talking about? What difference does it make if it did it from all 4 anyway, relieving pressure is just that....relieving pressure.
Funny travis, ZPI must have a horrible setup to be running 12's from more than a couple customers. I havnt seen a so called " proper stup " in a tC postin up them 1320 times lower than 13's.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050

Funny travis, ZPI must have a horrible setup to be running 12's from more than a couple customers. I havnt seen a so called " proper stup " in a tC postin up them 1320 times lower than 13's.

The only NON 13sec run I know of is from Louis on a Stage 0 with regular street tires. I still think his Stage 0 is a High 13sec car though. That was his first time at the track with a turbo car ever, and his time was like 14.3-14.5.

PS...oh, one more car, but it was an Auto w/Stage 0 still. I think he ran a 14.8 or something all the while still beating a S/C Cobra Mustang. It was a recent thread.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow rythmn, with your extensive knowledge, i'm surprised you even had to ask that...

whats the function of a wastegate? to help regulate boost by diverting exhaust away from the turbine, right? well, if its only diverting exhaust from 2 or 3 cylinders, then its not very effectively regulating boost is it?

i'm not going to sit here and aruge with all you ZPI fans, but anyone who knows turbo systems knows that that manifold isn't very well designed/constructed. i can imagine lots of boost spikes and over boosting. thats all.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

wow rythmn, with your extensive knowledge, i'm surprised you even had to ask that...

whats the function of a wastegate? to help regulate boost by diverting exhaust away from the turbine, right? well, if its only diverting exhaust from 2 or 3 cylinders, then its not very effectively regulating boost is it?

i'm not going to sit here and aruge with all you ZPI fans, but anyone who knows turbo systems knows that that manifold isn't very well designed/constructed. i can imagine lots of boost spikes and over boosting. thats all.

I never claimed to know everything....People only Assume I know a lot...

HOWEVER....You are Wrong. And it's understandable that you don't know because you don't actually OWN a ZPI kit. Sorry, but you do not get Boost Spikes all over and Over Boosting with this manifold. With just running off the WG spring, with a 10 PSI spring on our car, when I punched it, it jumped to 10 PSI, but held at 8.9 PSI. Ran this way for over a year, only till yesterday I just installed a boost controller.

Don't assume how it works just by looking at it. It's quite the opposite that you described. "Effectively" regulating boost you say right? Not well designed you said, yet it does exactly what your idea of "Effectively Regulating Boost" is. I have YET to see our car....OR any other ZPI turbo car Boost PAST what the spring in it is set too.

PS....You can't argue with Assumption against someone who is speaking from Experience.

Quick Reply: me beautiful stage 3 block