Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

me beautiful stage 3 block

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ve never had any boost spiking or any boost creeping. Im running off an electronic boost controller too. 7 PSI daily, and 14 PSI for the track and highway. Dont assume. The manifold has no problems regulating boost. my boost stays consistant no matter what psi im at....and i can argue that ALL day
Old 04-19-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Which brings me to mind....I need 100+ octane so I can crank to 14 lbs.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol....look at some nicely designed equal length, tig welded manifolds from Full race. look at where their wastegates are positioned. Now look at the numbers their turbo kits put out.

i'm not saying that the ZPI manifold is absolute crap, or that it won't work. just that it seems to be rather hastily designed, with little to no R&D. seems like they just went "well, if we weld this to this, and this to this, it will fit and work. thats good enough for me."

all i'm saying is, i GUARANTEE, based on my experience, you would get much better numbers with a better designed manifold.

i know you like it, cuz its yours...but try not to be biased, and use your knowledge to your benefit.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
SL Member

couldnt get a good pic of my time slip, btu here aer the results.

R/T... .311
60'... 2.099
330... 5.642
1/8... 8.520
MPH... 86.84
1000... 10.922
1/4... 12.944
MPH... 108.43
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by StealthScion
lol....look at some nicely designed equal length, tig welded manifolds from Full race. look at where their wastegates are positioned. Now look at the numbers their turbo kits put out.

i'm not saying that the ZPI manifold is absolute crap, or that it won't work. just that it seems to be rather hastily designed, with little to no R&D. seems like they just went "well, if we weld this to this, and this to this, it will fit and work. thats good enough for me."

all i'm saying is, i GUARANTEE, based on my experience, you would get much better numbers with a better designed manifold.

i know you like it, cuz its yours...but try not to be biased, and use your knowledge to your benefit.

I have a full race manifold
Old 04-19-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ Not EL though, lol, Still made by Full race
Old 04-19-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

couldnt get a good pic of my time slip, btu here aer the results.

R/T... .311
60'... 2.099
330... 5.642
1/8... 8.520
MPH... 86.84
1000... 10.922
1/4... 12.944
MPH... 108.43
Nice numbers Brett, keep it up bro!
Old 04-20-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

How Ironic...Full Race MAKES ZPI's manifolds....

Secondly, about the "hastily" as you put it design today is actually NOT their first design they came out with. It is their second I believe. Maybe even 3rd.

Thirdly.....It's a LOG manifold. All LOG manifolds look like that pretty much. We already Know EL Tubular Manifolds are Better. But Better for BIG turbos and Built Motors in my opinion. It has already been said....LOG manifolds will OUTspool an EL one. Which is why we run them on small turbos and stock motors, because they make fast cars out of them.

Log + quick spooling smaller turbo on stock motor = bad azz

EL Tubular + Bigger slower spooling Turbo on Built Motor = bad azz

Log + quick spooling smaller turbo on built motor = Not as efficient as EL Tubular + Big Turbo.

PS....Just wondering exactly How many Manifolds you have designed?
Old 04-20-2007, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

travis dont' hate on the year old DR's when i went 12.7 @ 106mph unbuilt LOL it was on the same ones i rocked at last years shootout LOL and all my friends ask why they look like slicks LOL i'm telling you if you wanna know how to get your car to cut 1.9's hit me up forreal i'm hear to help.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yea brett what tire you using on those weld wheels and size too....
Old 04-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by malloynx
SPEC's new + line of clutches are awesome. they hold the torque very well and are super streetable. here is one to consider that is a 1/3 of the cost for the CM stage 7.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pric...mport_Stage_3+

this clutch is good to 600ft lbs of torque. this is the clutch i'm going with.
Yep yep, ordered mine today to replace my clutchmasters stage 3.
BTW... new clutchmaster stage 3 for sale, never installed. :D
Old 04-20-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

How Ironic...Full Race MAKES ZPI's manifolds....
is it t304 SS EL Tubular TIG welded? i never said EVERY manifold they make is nice. (proof in the pudding)

Secondly, about the "hastily" as you put it design today is actually NOT their first design they came out with. It is their second I believe. Maybe even 3rd.
were they all that crappy?

Thirdly.....It's a LOG manifold. All LOG manifolds look like that pretty much.
it doesn't matter if its a whole tree, the wastegate is in not the most efficient/effective position. if anything, it should be flanged off the collector pipe. and u know this man!!!!

We already Know EL Tubular Manifolds are Better. But Better for BIG turbos and Built Motors in my opinion. It has already been said....LOG manifolds will OUTspool an EL one. Which is why we run them on small turbos and stock motors, because they make fast cars out of them.
log will only outspool an EL on a low output motor. doesn't matter if its built or not. log vs. EL has nothing to do with the size of the turbo. the size of the turbo is dependent on the motor and how much power you want vs. how much lag you can tolerate.

EL manifolds make more power, because there is less backpressure and turbulence in the manifold. also, power kicks in more gradually than the instant on nature of a log manifold...especially one with a poorly designed wastegate.

Log + quick spooling smaller turbo on stock motor = bad azz

EL Tubular + Bigger slower spooling Turbo on Built Motor = bad azz

Log + quick spooling smaller turbo on built motor = Not as efficient as EL Tubular + Big Turbo.
thats a new one rofl... again, the size of the turbo doesn't depend or is really related to the type of manifold....

PS....Just wondering exactly How many Manifolds you have designed?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i can say is DAMN!!!! so we have a tread jacker hmmmm can we get back on topic i have a question why with all that power your only trapping 108 you should be 114 at least zpi went 114 when they 1st did the kit at 14 psi. I'm stumped....
Old 04-20-2007, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

is it t304 SS EL Tubular TIG welded? i never said EVERY manifold they make is nice. (proof in the pudding)
I have a tIdontgiveadamn SS EL Tubular who gives a crap welded manifold.

were they all that crappy?
Sometimes my butt is, so I go take a dump to make it UN-crappy...

it doesn't matter if its a whole tree, the wastegate is in not the most efficient/effective position. if anything, it should be flanged off the collector pipe. and u know this man!!!!
My woman has a Collector Pipe. My Wastegate matches up to it just fine imo...

log will only outspool an EL on a low output motor. doesn't matter if its built or not. log vs. EL has nothing to do with the size of the turbo. the size of the turbo is dependent on the motor and how much power you want vs. how much lag you can tolerate.

EL manifolds make more power, because there is less backpressure and turbulence in the manifold. also, power kicks in more gradually than the instant on nature of a log manifold...especially one with a poorly designed wastegate.
I'm sorry. Could you repeat that?

thats a new one rofl... again, the size of the turbo doesn't depend or is really related to the type of manifold....
You totally missed the point.

Maybe you should have stopped at 23. Then you could claim to be the Michael Jordan of Manifold creations...
Old 04-20-2007, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikescion
all i can say is DAMN!!!! so we have a tread jacker hmmmm can we get back on topic i have a question why with all that power your only trapping 108 you should be 114 at least zpi went 114 when they 1st did the kit at 14 psi. I'm stumped....

He stated that when he turned the boost up to 14 PSI, the clutch would slip. So, he ran it at lower PSI levels...correct me if I'm wrong Brett..
Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok sorry didn't read that
Old 04-20-2007, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

H had a stage 4 clutchmasters, BTW travis, ive never laughed so hard in my life reading that last post, haha
Old 04-20-2007, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

He stated that when he turned the boost up to 14 PSI, the clutch would slip. So, he ran it at lower PSI levels...correct me if I'm wrong Brett..
The 14psi was the tires not boost and he dropped the tires down to 10/11psi. The car was on 18psi the whole night.

I think he just needs to get that new clutch and practice a little more. I'm sure if he goes out there friday he'll do better. I swear that last run (where the coupler blew off) he was gonna get the best time of the night. That's why they call it TEST and tune.

BTW, videos will be up tomorrow night. Later if I can't fall back to sleep.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Banned
SL Member

Nope, He ran the full tuned boost. Problem I think is the sub-par launch and 60'. The only real time he gave it a full launch, he blew the hot side IC pipe off, at the end of first or shifting in to second. It's not clear on my video. I believe if the pipe held, he would have had a better run than the 12.9.

He is going to go back to the track tomorrow night, err tonight, err later, err Friday to put the screws to it. The kid is on a mission...

I video'd all of his runs, but the 12.9 one... his car was at the line by the time I got in to position and my camera was off. I got all the others and the last one where his pipe blew off. I won't post any of them without his permission.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:30 PM
SL Member

well the problem is my boost controller. i never looked at the boost gauge during my passes the other night. when i was driving yesterday i noticed my boost only spike up to 16 and then level off to 15 psi when i was at the track i guess that the 15 psi on a 18 psi tune made the car a little rich. i was so bussy watching my tach that i never noticed this problem. also zpi's car was totaly gutted i imagine, and running stock compression. my launch left something to be desired as well. i'll see if i can get all these bugs ironed out tonight at the track.

Quick Reply: me beautiful stage 3 block