Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

me beautiful stage 3 block

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Brett, keep us posted when the new kit comes in. I want to head down to the track and watch it run.

I'm a little confused about the switch. I'm mean I understand it but for the reason of the axle I'm confused. If you go to the bigger turbo wouldn't you still snap an axle unless you get the 600hp axle's? Is it that you can launch easier and the power is at the top end?
tq breaks axles not hp
Old 04-26-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
I'm a little confused about the switch. I'm mean I understand it but for the reason of the axle I'm confused. If you go to the bigger turbo wouldn't you still snap an axle unless you get the 600hp axle's? Is it that you can launch easier and the power is at the top end?

The powerband moves with the switch in setups as He won't be making as much torgue in the lower rpms range as he does now, but it doesn't really change the axle "issue".

You can break the axles with the stock motor just as easy. Its all in how you launch the car. There are plenty of 500whp+/10 sec Hondas running around with stock axles. If you have the patience when you go the track and work on your launching techniques instead of worrying about the et its amazing what you can accomplish with your stock axles. Practice does amazing things.

Regards-

Todd
Gotcha, good to know.