Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

me beautiful stage 3 block

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Dyltone
Originally Posted by soros151
Whatever? Brett, I have every thing you do, but better. A better shop and better fuel, better managment, and a better tuner.
Who? Which? Which? Who?
Billet Design, 1050 Injectors with billet rail and return system, DTA fast S60pro with traction control, Billet Design.
For 35 years old you are so humble. I',m in Awe before you.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:21 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
when you and travis come down, we should hit both tracks down here. kenny should trailer his then we be riden 6 ZPI deep, lol
I would love for them to come down here so I can hand them their butt on the track. As a matter of fact, all you ZPI cars... it's official, it's now my mission to beat EVERY ZPI tC!
would you like to come hand me my a$$ on the track this wednesday at moroso??
Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
when you and travis come down, we should hit both tracks down here. kenny should trailer his then we be riden 6 ZPI deep, lol
I would love for them to come down here so I can hand them their butt on the track. As a matter of fact, all you ZPI cars... it's official, it's now my mission to beat EVERY ZPI tC!
What about tonight? Ill be there. Why dont you atleast see if you cant beat me. Im one of the SLOWEST ZPI tC's out of the bunch.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
SL Member

What about tonight? Ill be there. Why dont you atleast see if you cant beat me. Im one of the SLOWEST ZPI tC's out of the bunch.

takin the girl out tonight. besides i dont think i would ever race my car on friday the13th. thats just askin for trouble.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ no, i ment me
Old 04-13-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm, maybe i need to go to moroso tonight
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by malloynx
hmmm, maybe i need to go to moroso tonight
stock tc? or supra? lol

I dont know if im going to run. depends on how busy it is. its almost pointless 4 me to run without DR. My stockies cant hold for nothing, lol
Old 04-13-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Lol...funny thing is I take that as a compliment. I remember you as well. Been a very long time since you been around. The first turboed tC I ever rode in...was actually your car.

Good luck in your quest though, cause you are going to need it.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Whatever? Brett, I have every thing you do, but better. A better shop and better fuel, better managment, and a better tuner.

wow you've really impressed me. I guess that makes you king of the scions. Are you going to go around like highlander saying "there can only be one"???
Cute but no.

I have a personal issue with ZPI and all of their fanboys. They have cost me 18 months with my car, they have cost me 6k+ for their craptastic products and they have cost me 15k plus to get my 17k car built the way it should have been built from the start.

They took over 2 weeks to install my “custom” kit, excuse after excuse... I let them all slide because I was a fanboy.

I flew home after the first 5 days and flew back a week later only to have to wait another 4 days up there for the car to be "finished". Less than 10 miles out of town (on my 1000 mile trip) I call Kenny to tell him that the exhaust and the cold side IC piping are rubbing up against each other and it’s making this horrible sound. He tells me it’s not going to hurt anything and to go home and he’ll figure it out over the phone. I’m still a fanboy so drive all the way home.

Per Kenny, I take my car to a local exhaust shop who laughs at the job ZPI did and charges me 500 dollars to shorten the IC pipe and extend their S-pipe and put real mounts on the rest of the exhaust so it will hang right and move properly under engine load. Kenny refuses to pay any of this because even though he installed every part of the exhaust, he informed me that he is not an exhaust guy.

1000 mile trip home and 1500 miles later, the car started blowing oil out of somewhere all over the valve cover and cold side of the turbo. I call Kenny and he tells me that it must me a blown seal in the turbo. He sends me a new turbo (pre clocked for his kit). After installing the new turbo, I start the car and oil sprays all over the engine. Upon removing the turbo and the center clamp, I find that there is a small pin that should have been removed by Kenny as he clocks the turbo’s in the opposite direction as they are intended so he can sell 1 kit to stage 0 and 1 people. By him failing to remove this pin, the turbo was never properly sealed (as sent by him) and just shot oil all over the engine bay.

At this point I removed the entire kit except the intercooler and sent it back to them. Every pipe was coated with oil (inside and out) and the intercooler had at least 2 quarts in the reservoir tanks on both sides. I cleaned out the IC with gas and waited and waited. 4 weeks later then sent me a new kit (which was a complete joke). They never unpacked my emanage so they didn't even check the tune and they sent a redesigned hot side IC pipe that was smashed with a hammer in 3 places with had a square end on it. They thought this pipe was nice looking enough to send to get powder coated as well! OMFG. I'll take pictures if any wants to see the square end that I was supposed to use a round clamp to attach to my car.

At any rate, I still assumed that they knew what they were doing so I started the install. The new kit they sent was missing an air filter and several bolts including a way to attach the new larger oil drain line that comes from the bottom of the turbo to the old pan plug that they welded in to the oil pan. They told me to go to the parts store and "figure it out". I installed this garbage on my car within 10 miles my car started smoking out the exhaust. No just smoke but James Bond smoke screen smoke! I call Kenny who tells me that the old kit must have blown oil in to the engine and that I should just ride it “hard for like 10 miles or so to burn out the old oil”. I tell Kenny that this is no way oil burn off, it’s something serious. He swears that it could not be anything serious and convinces me to go for a ride. I drive literally 5 miles and car dies. I was able to get it started again and get it home.

I’m telling him at this point that it’s got to be a blown head gasket or worse and he’s swearing up and down that he’s never seen this happen to any of the cars that they’ve done. As a last ditch effort to get it working, he sends me a replacement center section for the turbo. I received the part the next day and was shocked to see that same f’ing pin sticking out of the center section. I call Kenny again and he swears up and down that he removed the pin himself, I send him digital pictures of the pin and he finally admits that they must have sent me a different center section. I remove the pin and assemble the turbo, put it in the car and get ready to start the car. I know full well that this new center section is not going to fix the problem, but I don’t know what else to try. I start the car and low and behold, the car is still smoking, worse than ever. It looked like a burn out contest in my driveway.

Kenny is completely in denial that there are any problems with my car and starts calling local shops for me to get the car to for them to check it out. He gives me a phone number of a local shop and tells me that he has set up everything up, all I need to do is call the guy and bring him the car. I call the shop and they tell me that Kenny told him that I probably had a loose IC pipe or something stupid. I tell him that there is oil all over the engine bay and that smoke is coming out of the exhaust, he tells me not to come that the car is not safe to drive as the turbo could catch the oil on fire and there was no way possible that anything but internal engine damage could cause those symptoms.

I tell Kenny and he finally says, oh, you know us, we’ll stand behind our product. He’s going to set up a trucking company to come get my car. I give him my address and he tells me that he’ll get me a date in the next few days. Weeks go by with every excuse in the book and a few that I know he invented. 6 weeks later, he tells me that they are days away from getting me car. I tell him, to forget it, I’m going to take it someplace local and get it looked at.

I get the car towed to Billet Design and they do a leak down test on the car… 20% compression in all 4 cylinders. They pull the motor and guess what… all 4 pistons had cracked ring landings and the rings had collapsed scoring all 4 cylinder walls. Kenny offers to help me with the rebuild… He’s going to buy me pistons (wow $500 dollars). I guess that’s what he means by we take care of our customers. 12 weeks go by and he still couldn’t get me a set of overbored pistons from Race Engineering (a company that is literally 5 miles from my house).

At this point it’s been like 4 months since my car ran, I write off Kenny and start this long process by myself. I send my block to Golden Eagle and get new pistons made. I get the Carrillo rods, the block balanced and blueprinted. The head built and ported. Billet is doing the fabrication and tuning, ZPI can eat sh|t and die as far as I’m concerned.

As far as your build goes, I like what you are doing, but I hate the fact that you are doing it with ZPI.

All fanboys beware, I was once like you, but I have paid the ultimate price for my loyalty.

I know your story a little differently than you have laid it out here, but who cares. You had like one of the very FIRST ZPI kits installed on a tC. I've been running the same setup for over a year.....Obviously some changes have been made to the system after your departure....

Edit....You make it sound like this just happened last week, when you are talking about something that happened nearly 2 years ago. Our car wasn't even Boosted at the time of your dispute. Hell, this was when we had the BCP tC that got totalled, which is what we had before the BSP tC we have now.

Secondly, this does not belong in this thread. There is a section called SHOP Experience, you should try that sometimes.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I know your story a little differently than you have laid it out here, but who cares. You had like one of the very FIRST ZPI kits installed on a tC. I've been running the same setup for over a year.....Obviously some changes have been made to the system after your departure....

Edit....You make it sound like this just happened last week, when you are talking about something that happened nearly 2 years ago.
I'd love to hear the story as you've heard it.

I was not the first, but close, I think it was about the 6th or 7th car they did. Also while I was there, the first ZPI car, theirs was blown up (no motor in it) the 2nd car was there with a new engine to replace the blown one (Joe Russo's car) and the 3rd was also there (some kid that was getting his car repossessed) and had them pull the kit off to sell to some other kids from another state that got it installed during the time my car was waiting to get finished. Either way, I paid my money the same as you and lots of other people, just because I was in the beginning doesn't mean I was a beta tester or deserved to get my car blown up. It doesn't mean I get left behind when my car break through no fault of my own. I should have just sued them the first day I had problems, but I bent over backwards to help them out.

Now about the fact that I mention this now instead of 18 months ago when it all started. I have been away from the board for a long time as you point out because I had nothing good to contribute. I come back to check some information yesterday and see all these people sucking ZPI ***** and I snapped.

I have a true hatred for them and their products. They left me high and dry when they could have helped. I see them sending people big brake kits and sponsoring people but they leave the ones that helped build their product and name with nothing. I have decided now that I will be vocal about it. There is no statute of limitations on when I can tell my story and since the fact that my car still is not finished, It's definitely an open wound for me.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned
SL Member

Secondly, this does not belong in this thread. There is a section called SHOP Experience, you should try that sometimes.
I've never read that forum, have you? This is a way better area with more people to see it. I don't want to hide my words in a back room forum that no one reads. People like you are the reason people like Kenny get away with screwing people like me. I think I'll post my Kenny Experiences where ever the hell I want to!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
Dyltone, pics of ur manifold? whos ur tuner? what fuel management
Just in case you didn't see it in all the mess.
Manifold is being fabbed still. The tuner is Billet Design and the fuel management is DTA fast S60 Pro with Traction Control.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I've never read that forum, have you? This is a way better area with more people to see it. I don't want to hide my words in a back room forum that no one reads. People like you are the reason people like Kenny get away with screwing people like me. I think I'll post my Kenny Experiences where ever the hell I want to!

Feel any better?

This is not the place to put this crap. post it up in the proper forum, or leave the boards.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

Feel any better?

This is not the place to put this crap. post it up in the proper forum, or leave the boards.
OMG FANBOY. Please remove the ZPI stickers from your car, the ZPI shirt from your closet and the ZPI ***** from your A$$!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Edit....You make it sound like this just happened last week, when you are talking about something that happened nearly 2 years ago.
I'd love to hear the story as you've heard it.

I was not the first, but close, I think it was about the 6th or 7th car they did. Also while I was there, the first ZPI car, theirs was blown up (no motor in it) the 2nd car was there with a new engine to replace the blown one (Joe Russo's car) and the 3rd was also there (some kid that was getting his car repossessed) and had them pull the kit off to sell to some other kids from another state that got it installed during the time my car was waiting to get finished. Either way, I paid my money the same as you and lots of other people, just because I was in the beginning doesn't mean I was a beta tester or deserved to get my car blown up. It doesn't mean I get left behind when my car break through no fault of my own. I should have just sued them the first day I had problems, but I bent over backwards to help them out.

Now about the fact that I mention this now instead of 18 months ago when it all started. I have been away from the board for a long time as you point out because I had nothing good to contribute. I come back to check some information yesterday and see all these people sucking ZPI ***** and I snapped.

I have a true hatred for them and their products. They left me high and dry when they could have helped. I see them sending people big brake kits and sponsoring people but they leave the ones that helped build their product and name with nothing. I have decided now that I will be vocal about it. There is no statute of limitations on when I can tell my story and since the fact that my car still is not finished, It's definitely an open wound for me.

Welcome to F/I bro. It aint all Bells and Whistles after turboing. You think you have the ONLY bad experience from a Turbo company or something? You obviously have not been around these parts for over 2 years, and then you waltz in here and think you own the place. The customers of ZPI have absolutely NOTHING to do with your car. You got a personal problem that does not involve the thread starter, me, nor any other person who has ever bought a product from ZPI. What, you think you are the MAST CRUSADER here to destroy all that is ZPI.....

Welcome to planet earth cheif.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What he is saying is, he is tired of all these people tickling zpi's nuts thinking they are the "mast crusader" of turbo companies, and he was throwing a experience out there
Old 04-13-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Feel any better?

OMG FANBOY. Please remove the ZPI stickers from your car, the ZPI shirt from your closet and the ZPI ***** from your A$$!

Apparently your the one with the ***** stuck in your A$$

....and ZPI does take care of there customers. Ive been WELL taken care of.

I have no problem showing loyalty to a company that treats me so good. Do you go around all the time ____ed off when something happens to you?

**** happens. And it really does suck that your motor had so many problems, and that you had to go through alot of BS. Trust me , i know. But you really shouldnt keep bi!tching about something over and over. ok....you hate ZPI, but what the hell did there customers or " FANBOYS " ever do to ____ you off? buy there products?

C'mon man, lighten up. Your buildong a beast, and you should be proud of that, but why direct anger towards others online that didnt do anything to your car.

If something go's wrong with your tc now, are you going to FLIP on this company, go on the web and rant? and do anything you can to make everyone aware that they shouldnt buy anything from them because " your " car happended to blow up?

Move on, and start your own thread with the buildup on your car. see how much you like it when others thread jack it. Cause' it will happen.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I know who the masked crusader is. His video can be found on ZPI's website in their section with Kenny tuning it on the dyno. His car has RH wheels and are 18-19" if I recall. I have personally seen his car, which is a paper weight in his driveway, and have been up on his progress for the past year because he is local to me and lives 20 mins from my house. He is truly a cool guy, but feels he had gotten a raw deal from ZPI. He has had a rough last 18 months, but his project is near completion and should be insane. I have spoken to Billet, per his request to provide some ideas and feedback......Best of luck my man.

I don't feel this was the time or place to do this, but it is a forum, and he is entitled to his own opinion.

Quick Reply: me beautiful stage 3 block