Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

me beautiful stage 3 block

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
I know who the masked crusader is. His video can be found on ZPI's website in their section with Kenny tuning it on the dyno. His car has RH wheels and are 18-19" if I recall. I have personally seen his car, which is a paper weight in his driveway, and have been up on his progress for the past year because he is local to me and lives 20 mins from my house. He is truly a cool guy, but feels he had gotten a raw deal from ZPI. He has had a rough last 18 months, but his project is near completion and should be insane. I have spoken to Billet, per his request to provide some ideas and feedback......Best of luck my man.

I don't feel this was the time or place to do this, but it is a forum, and he is entitled to his own opinion.
Why didnt he go with DEZOD if he lives 20 minutes from you?

Like i said before, it sucks that it happened man.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
I know who the masked crusader is. His video can be found on ZPI's website in their section with Kenny tuning it on the dyno. His car has RH wheels and are 18-19" if I recall. I have personally seen his car, which is a paper weight in his driveway, and have been up on his progress for the past year because he is local to me and lives 20 mins from my house. He is truly a cool guy, but feels he had gotten a raw deal from ZPI. He has had a rough last 18 months, but his project is near completion and should be insane. I have spoken to Billet, per his request to provide some ideas and feedback......Best of luck my man.

I don't feel this was the time or place to do this, but it is a forum, and he is entitled to his own opinion.
Why didnt he go with DEZOD if he lives 20 minutes from you?

Like i said before, it sucks that it happened man.
When he began his crusade for rebuild, I did not have all of the arsonal of parts and such I have now. I also did not want to take on a true 1 off project of this caliber and what he wanted at the time, so he took his car to a VERY well know EVO and Supra tuning show named Billet Design. They have had the car since day 1.

I turned it down because I did not want to bite off more than what I could chew at the time. Now, I would have welcomed the job with open arms and then some. A lot changes in a year.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ True
Old 04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow,, so sad.. best of luck bro... i'm in coral springs fl. i would love to check out your tc sometime.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
SL Member

thanks guys for completley jacking this thread. dyltone, im sorry about your engine and your experiences. but you really should know what you are doing before boosting your car. if you didnt look to make sure that the pins were removed before installing your turbo, then thats on you. i know i checked my turbo and made sure that it was clocked properly before i installed it. if you want too bash zpi then there is a forum for that. zpi has had plenty of people say bad things about them all the time, and they still in my opinion are the best company. So if you want to start your own thread in the shop experiences forum I would be more than happy to discuss my oppinion of ZPI. But with all that said I would like to get this thread back on topic and let everyone know that I'll be getting my car tuned monday morning and taking it to the track wednesday evening. Dyltone I noticed you live in lakeworth I do as well, I hope you can make it out to the track wednesday night because even though are oppions on ZPI differ I would still like some friendly competition. I hope your car is as great as you say it is but if it is not even built yet then maybe you should wait till it is done before you start challenging people to race. anyways hope to see you there man and by the way what is your name?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I know your story a little differently than you have laid it out here, but who cares. You had like one of the very FIRST ZPI kits installed on a tC. I've been running the same setup for over a year.....Obviously some changes have been made to the system after your departure....

Edit....You make it sound like this just happened last week, when you are talking about something that happened nearly 2 years ago.
I'd love to hear the story as you've heard it.

I was not the first, but close, I think it was about the 6th or 7th car they did. Also while I was there, the first ZPI car, theirs was blown up (no motor in it) the 2nd car was there with a new engine to replace the blown one (Joe Russo's car) and the 3rd was also there (some kid that was getting his car repossessed) and had them pull the kit off to sell to some other kids from another state that got it installed during the time my car was waiting to get finished. Either way, I paid my money the same as you and lots of other people, just because I was in the beginning doesn't mean I was a beta tester or deserved to get my car blown up. It doesn't mean I get left behind when my car break through no fault of my own. I should have just sued them the first day I had problems, but I bent over backwards to help them out.

Now about the fact that I mention this now instead of 18 months ago when it all started. I have been away from the board for a long time as you point out because I had nothing good to contribute. I come back to check some information yesterday and see all these people sucking ZPI ***** and I snapped.

I have a true hatred for them and their products. They left me high and dry when they could have helped. I see them sending people big brake kits and sponsoring people but they leave the ones that helped build their product and name with nothing. I have decided now that I will be vocal about it. There is no statute of limitations on when I can tell my story and since the fact that my car still is not finished, It's definitely an open wound for me.

Let's get a few things straight here. You got your car boosted. I rode in it, pulled hard as hell, and ultimately made me get boosted by them. You Drove it some what 11+ Hrs home, made a few vids of you racing a stock tC, and THEN your car blows? I don't think that's the whole story. Like I said, there is always 2 sides to every story.

Now about me mentioning you were one of the first (over 2 years ago), was to reflect that ZPI has a different company focus now. During this time of your situation, MANY did not like them. They had horrible customer service, and have made improvements to pick up where they kept dropping the ball. WE ALL know that 2 years ago they were not exactly the best when it came to customer service. However, if Kenny were to totally Blow, you off as you tried to make it out to be, I think he would have even answered the phone if that was the case.

Like I said, ZPI today is not ZPI 2 years ago. As you so said it yourself, because you were away, and come back to find MANY ZPI satisfied customers. Whatever derogatory name you can think of to call their satisfied customers is NOT going to change anything. Don't come in here slamming people JUST because of what they bought. That has nothing to do with you.

It's unfortunate that you didn't have a plesant experience, but that does NOT mean that a company can't change it's image. Which has been done.

They are on TV now for crying out loud.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I would imagine you would be giving your 2 cents into it.

It's not like Dezod has a squeaky clean bill when it comes to turbo reliability....

Anyhow, Back to our regularly scheduled program....ZPI FTMFW!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:01 AM
SL Member

c'mon travis, dont stoop too someone elses level. besides i really dont like where my thread has gone. so lets all just drop it.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice pics Brett, and nice block. One question though. I've been thinking about deleting the balance shafts, and i was wondering if you had any pictures of the shafts, and or any info on how hard it would be to delete the shafts? Any input on this would be greatly appreiciated, Thanks..
Old 04-14-2007, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
c'mon travis, dont stoop too someone elses level. besides i really dont like where my thread has gone. so lets all just drop it.
Oh I'm done Brett. It's your time to shine bro, don't want to screw with this exciting time for you. I think you are the first (that I know of anyway) with a Stage 3 short block from ZPI. So, I am VERY interested and seeing you get this up and running. Going to be hella faster than I am anyway....

I'm looking forward to this man. I would be right there with you, but this is on my agenda for next year. I got 2 other things to take care for a change. New baby boy and Project 350Z drift.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:42 AM
SL Member

Oh I'm done Brett. It's your time to shine bro, don't want to screw with this exciting time for you. I think you are the first (that I know of anyway) with a Stage 3 short block from ZPI. So, I am VERY interested and seeing you get this up and running. Going to be hella faster than I am anyway....

I'm looking forward to this man. I would be right there with you, but this is on my agenda for next year. I got 2 other things to take care for a change. New baby boy and Project 350Z drift.
give it a few more years and im sure lots of us on scionlife will be in the built motor, 500whp+ class.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:46 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt_Burgess
Nice pics Brett, and nice block. One question though. I've been thinking about deleting the balance shafts, and i was wondering if you had any pictures of the shafts, and or any info on how hard it would be to delete the shafts? Any input on this would be greatly appreiciated, Thanks..
as far as i know. doing this lets the engine rev alot quicker. i dont know exactly how to do it but if you pm kenny at zpi, or one of the dezod guys im sure the could get technical about it.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

wow such drama, did he get ban yet?

I feel bad for you "Dyltone". Theres just too many ZPI nuthuggers on scionlife.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCUZZ

Dont be jealous your not boosted with the best.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:40 AM
Banned
SL Member

thanks guys for completley jacking this thread. dyltone, im sorry about your engine and your experiences. but you really should know what you are doing before boosting your car. if you didnt look to make sure that the pins were removed before installing your turbo, then thats on you. i know i checked my turbo and made sure that it was clocked properly before i installed it. if you want too bash zpi then there is a forum for that. zpi has had plenty of people say bad things about them all the time, and they still in my opinion are the best company. So if you want to start your own thread in the shop experiences forum I would be more than happy to discuss my oppinion of ZPI. But with all that said I would like to get this thread back on topic and let everyone know that I'll be getting my car tuned monday morning and taking it to the track wednesday evening. Dyltone I noticed you live in lakeworth I do as well, I hope you can make it out to the track wednesday night because even though are oppions on ZPI differ I would still like some friendly competition. I hope your car is as great as you say it is but if it is not even built yet then maybe you should wait till it is done before you start challenging people to race. anyways hope to see you there man and by the way what is your name?
Fair enough, I'd like to talk in person anyway. My name is AJ. Wednesday night sounds fine, obviously I won't be bringing my car unless you feel like flintstoning it down the track with me? What time are you going?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hey Brett, how long you think you'll be at moroso on Wednesday? I was thinking about coming down with the camera to take some videos if you don't mind. I'm really interested in seeing this beast.

Will you be running DR or slicks on Wed? What PSI will you be running and what do you think/hoping you're time will be?

BTW
Old 04-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCUZZ

Appreciated!
Old 04-14-2007, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Make sure you get some pictures and videos Brett....us Tennessee boys need to know what to tune for!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
Make sure you get some pictures and videos Brett....us Tennessee boys need to know what to tune for!!!

Yeah, incase we might have to tone it down a bit.....as to not make you look bad...

just kickin a little dirt...
Old 04-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I would imagine you would be giving your 2 cents into it.

It's not like Dezod has a squeaky clean bill when it comes to turbo reliability....

Anyhow, Back to our regularly scheduled program....ZPI FTMFW!

Please do not get me started Travis.

If you need to say something to me directly, please do so. Don't beat around the bush. His attacks where at your beloved company, not Dezod. I am not involved in this at all, so DO NOT try to involve us what-so-ever.

Quick Reply: me beautiful stage 3 block