Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

me beautiful stage 3 block

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Originally Posted by pollup
for the record if i recall correctly im running "THE" very first zpi kit and i have had no such problems. so dont blame it on being one of the first kits. seems like an install problem.
ZPI installed it
correct, i read that. im just saying dont blame it on being one of the first kits as being the reason, its not. sounds like a botched install honestly.

Maybe you misunderstood. I was just merely saying they were probably still in the learning phase when it came to the tC, and you are going to make mistakes.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Banned
SL Member

Also, for the record, whenever I say that I called Kenny. This was a 2 or 3 day processes of me leaving messages with Keisha, leaving voice mails on Kenny's cellphone and sending unanswered IM's. It wasn't like I called and he answered or called back promptly. Eventually, I ended up calling Mark to try to get Kenny to call me back, but that didn't get me any further.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
Even though he offered to pay for my new pistons, never came through. The company that he gets his pistons from, race engineering, couldn't provide any overbored units even though I gave them 12 weeks and several chances to do so. Kenny did speak to my engine builder for about 5 minutes to discuss aftermarket parts he was aware of, but that my friends is as far as ZPI or Kenny went to assist me.

Defiantly different sides of the spectrum.

So, where do you place the blame when it comes to undelivered Pistons? Do you find ZPI more at fault, or Race Engineering?

Also, did you take him up on the offer for him to pay for new pistons? When Race Engineering didn't come through, where there any other available pistons at the time, that maybe Kenny could have just paid for those instead. Or even perhaps some Stock ones?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Also, for the record, whenever I say that I called Kenny. This was a 2 or 3 day processes of me leaving messages with Keisha, leaving voice mails on Kenny's cellphone and sending unanswered IM's. It wasn't like I called and he answered or called back promptly. Eventually, I ended up calling Mark to try to get Kenny to call me back, but that didn't get me any further.

Oh, I totally understand that part. Kenny has A.D.D. sometimes when it comes to that. Even I have a hard time getting through sometimes... So, that's not uncommon. Keisha is expanding her career, so she is not around as much, so you are more than likely to find Joyce answering the phones today.

It's rather unfortunate that you were not a satisfied customer. I know I was satisfied riding in your wip the first time. I got hooked on Boost because of it.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

So, where do you place the blame when it comes to undelivered Pistons? Do you find ZPI more at fault, or Race Engineering?

Also, did you take him up on the offer for him to pay for new pistons? When Race Engineering didn't come through, where there any other available pistons at the time, that maybe Kenny could have just paid for those instead. Or even perhaps some Stock ones?
I think the fault mostly lies with Race Engineering on this point, but Kenny aside from calling Race 6 weeks in to the process to tell them that he wanted the pistons put on his account, did nothing to expedite or solve the situation.

Also, his offer was only to get pistons from Race, when I told him that I pulled my block from the machine shop next to Race and I was going another route, he never made another offer. Once my block came back from Golden Eagle, I called Kenny to see if he would buy back the "new kit" he sent me for a reasonable price, since I was not reusing anything except the intercooler. He offered me $500 stating that he could not sell a used kit. I explained to him that I do not think my kit was used as it was only on the car for 15 miles tops. I was looking for 50% of my money back and I would have walked away and never said another word, instead he tells me $500 is the number he is willing to pay for my $6,000+ kit.

If that's all he thinks his own kit is worth, how should I feel it's worth any more than that. The last time I spoke to Kenny, I told him to keep his money because he needed it more than I did. My only regret is that Karma has let me down.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just finished readin this whole thread at werk!! Lol crazy stuff. I'd be _____ing too if I was 15k in da hole and with out a car for more than a year. Dyltone I feel u dawg. Yo u still have dat kit? Ill take it off ur hands
Old 04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I think the fault mostly lies with Race Engineering on this point, but Kenny aside from calling Race 6 weeks in to the process to tell them that he wanted the pistons put on his account, did nothing to expedite or solve the situation.

Also, his offer was only to get pistons from Race, when I told him that I pulled my block from the machine shop next to Race and I was going another route, he never made another offer. Once my block came back from Golden Eagle, I called Kenny to see if he would buy back the "new kit" he sent me for a reasonable price, since I was not reusing anything except the intercooler. He offered me $500 stating that he could not sell a used kit. I explained to him that I do not think my kit was used as it was only on the car for 15 miles tops. I was looking for 50% of my money back and I would have walked away and never said another word, instead he tells me $500 is the number he is willing to pay for my $6,000+ kit.

I might have handled it a tab bit differently, but I feel your pain. I hate it when my ride is down for any period of time.

My only regret is that Karma has let me down.

Makes you wonder how Walmart is still around and as big as they are...
Old 04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
SL Member

well i had an appointment today to get my car tuned at japtrix here in west palm beach, but there tunner is stuck in new jersy and cant fly back cause of some storms. i was hoping to have some #'s for everyone but i geuss it will have to wait. im pretty sure that he will be back by wed. , so i will still be going to moroso that night. but if he cant make it bak by then i'll have to wiat till friday. either way i will have some dyno and track #'s up soon.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
well i had an appointment today to get my car tuned at japtrix here in west palm beach, but there tunner is stuck in new jersy and cant fly back cause of some storms. i was hoping to have some #'s for everyone but i geuss it will have to wait. im pretty sure that he will be back by wed. , so i will still be going to moroso that night. but if he cant make it bak by then i'll have to wiat till friday. either way i will have some dyno and track #'s up soon.
That sucks man...I am sure you are just dying to get her on the track....maybe your girl will come along and video for you......I know you all have a video camera.....you know...like the ones they have in the Hotel Rooms!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was going to get my car tuned by them. I didnt know what there reputation was like. Good luck, and ill see on on wed ( or friday )
Old 04-16-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Keep us updated so we know to go down there on Wed. or Fri..

You should be in good hands with Japtrix. I first heard about Japtrix from zer0 here on scionlife. I then heard good things about Japtrix from a friend with a crazy STI. I searched the net and all good things. I talked to them a couple of times and they seemed excited the first time to get their hands on a tC. You should be in good hands.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

I've heard mixed reviews from people about Japtrix from lots of local people and I even went to them to get my original kit "fixed" before the motor blew up. I was just up there for a dyno day a few weeks back with a local car club.

I did hear they had built a sick tc recently but I don't have any details on it at all.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ Yeah, when I first talked to them back at the end of November they were really excited to tune my car. I talked to them in Dec. and still excited and then Jan. or Feb. and wasn't so excited. I guess they got there hands on one.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:36 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
That sucks man...I am sure you are just dying to get her on the track....maybe your girl will come along and video for you......I know you all have a video camera.....you know...like the ones they have in the Hotel Rooms!!!!

she was sure she was gonna ge murdered in that hotel.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:40 AM
SL Member

I've heard mixed reviews from people about Japtrix from lots of local people and I even went to them to get my original kit "fixed" before the motor blew up. I was just up there for a dyno day a few weeks back with a local car club.

I did hear they had built a sick tc recently but I don't have any details on it at all.
i had roger tune my car there before, and he did a great job. i trust japtrix and wolud recomend them to anyone local to south fla. you just must have the worst luck aj. it seems that you've had a bad experiance with all the shops i trust.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Keeping my eyes peeled for the results.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Banned
SL Member

i had roger tune my car there before, and he did a great job. i trust japtrix and wolud recomend them to anyone local to south fla. you just must have the worst luck aj. it seems that you've had a bad experiance with all the shops i trust.
I'm sorry, I didn't want you to get the impression that I had any bad experience with Japtrix. I have never had any work done there, I had only talked to the owner about possibly re-doing my turbo setup before I received the new kit from ZPI. I was only stating that I've heard mixed results of the quality of their work. To also take that a little further. All of the bad things I've heard of them were from when they were in the old shop off Military. I have not heard much about them since they moved except for that dyno day I spoke about, but didn't talk to anyone from the shop that day.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Banned
SL Member

Oh and BTW... sorry you were not able to get your car tuned today.

Let me know when you are going, If I'm not doing anything, I'll pop by the shop, if I can remember where the shop was :D
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 AM
SL Member

I'm sorry, I didn't want you to get the impression that I had any bad experience with Japtrix. I have never had any work done there, I had only talked to the owner about possibly re-doing my turbo setup before I received the new kit from ZPI. I was only stating that I've heard mixed results of the quality of their work. To also take that a little further. All of the bad things I've heard of them were from when they were in the old shop off Military. I have not heard much about them since they moved except for that dyno day I spoke about, but didn't talk to anyone from the shop that day.
woops. my bad. anyways my apt. is at 9:30 am wed. but if roger gets back tomorow then i might do it then. im really bumed cause it was unusally very cold this morning, and would have made for some good #'s
Old 04-17-2007, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't wait to see those numbers!!

Quick Reply: me beautiful stage 3 block