Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Montage of my old cars transition to boost...56kohya

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Montage of my old cars transition to boost...56kohya

Bored so id thought id post lol check out the transition from stock to what it got to.

a rice exhaust (the megan)

to a more mature, custom, better performing custom exhaust.

INTAKE FAIL LOL

Intercooler pipes that needed my bumper to be cut....

to fitting the pipes properly and regreting cutting my bumper at 5am after finishing instal
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ent=photo2.jpg
new intake-new wastegate

w/ new dumptube

LOL stupid heatwrap im sucha ricer (btw it does nothing in the places i had it)

so i cleaned things up lol

should of gotten a wideband.........

Blown exhaust hangers lol to much boooost!

then blew my motor,

sold the car, parted out turbo parts and gotan 09 GTI (6-speed, TSi Motor)
Old 05-13-2009, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol this is an example of the size turbo in my GTi, its a k03 (this ones by burgwarnerKKK mines IHI, similar dimensions, just that the IHI turbo in the TSi GTi performs much better than the KKK turbo in the FSi. No more retarted boost spikes, and boost is held 10x better throughout the rpm bands (the fsi spikes like 24psi at like 2500rpm and then drops to like 17 at like 4 and barley holds it....no more useless torque.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

lol, that charge piping was an epic fail.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
lol, that charge piping was an epic fail.
ya man i know, i was bored and it was the night i finished instaling waht i had just had to tow the car to make an intake, and i had some friends over that night we got our buzz on and pieced that abomination together, we all knew it was Fail lol
Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya lmao.. not gonna lie if i had my intercooler pipings sticking out like that id prob shoot myself or take the whole kit off lol
Old 05-13-2009, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol damn guys all i did was stick an uncapped sharpee in one eye and fixed it next day
Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

rofl, the things we'd do just to finally get boost

Anything done to the GTI yet?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol things that drive us mentally insane.........

and as of now my GTi's stock...but not for long.......a lowering is due followed by bsh stage1 intake and ATP 3'' downpipe....for tuning as of now im pretty much settled on APR, revo has fallen of the map (i used to be a big revo fanboy) w/ those mods tuned ill be at a nice 270whp, change the intercooler and add meth ill be 300whp. cars just as heavy as my tC too, and itll have a lil bit more tq.....w/o cooling upgrades ill be at 300lbs to the wheel. TSI FTW
Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gona keep stock axleback until i buy an R32 rear bumper, and finish the 3'' exhaust
Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

haha crazy timeline bro. those intercool pipes poked out so much lol but gti looks awesome i love vdubs
Old 05-13-2009, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just a perfect example for anyone who wants to kno what its like to build your first custom turbo......
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

idk about 300whp, TSI or FSI, nobody has put down 300 whp with intake, dp , full exhaust, flash, pulleys, diverter valve, fuel pump, pcv fix.. ive seen numerous full bolt on gti's fail to hit 270whp even on a dyno jet. although the torque i have seen hit 300. even with eurojet intercooler and or a forge twin cooler... and keep in mind when u get meth u really should get a REAL tune and stop using the flash.. 2 friends of mine have meth, one with giac and one with apr and they have mininmal gains cuz the flash's dont really know how to use it to full extent. just some opinion cuz im on the vw forums just as much as scion.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my friend has the 2nd quickest stock turbo gti on golfmkv without race gas.. he ran a 13.4 at 105 i think.. DSG. he has all bolt ons except meth and he only put down 265 whp and 290 wtq on a dynojet
Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Well, I'm sure he'll post up the charts when he gets it dyno'd lol. Someone with a GTI was calling BS on my car when I guesstimated 280WHP (hit 295WHP on a DynoDynamics) and then he went on to saying how he'd gain about 95whp with a flash and an exhaust...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
idk about 300whp, TSI or FSI, nobody has put down 300 whp with intake, dp , full exhaust, flash, pulleys, diverter valve, fuel pump, pcv fix.. ive seen numerous full bolt on gti's fail to hit 270whp even on a dyno jet. although the torque i have seen hit 300. even with eurojet intercooler and or a forge twin cooler... and keep in mind when u get meth u really should get a REAL tune and stop using the flash.. 2 friends of mine have meth, one with giac and one with apr and they have mininmal gains cuz the flash's dont really know how to use it to full extent. just some opinion cuz im on the vw forums just as much as scion.
No one has made 300whp on a tsi w/ stock turbo yet, because no one has run a proper tune with meth on a TSi. Some have made 280whp TSi motor, with Downpipe, intake, front mount intercooler and apr stage2 tune. Throw watermeth in the mix, properly tuned (or 100octane apr fil w/ racegas) breaking 3 is easy. Plus forge is developing a new wastegate (internal) for the FSI, w/ some adjustments itll bolt over to the TSi....more boost to redline. no ones done it, me n my friend w/ a black tsi gti will be firsts. WOOT lol i hope....wolfcars apr/revo ftw. high pressure fuel system ftw too TSi eats up FSi and u cant tell the diff. from the outside, its a special series of freak MKV GTi's seeing as gen2008.5-2009 were test cars for the new TSi motor thats now the motor in the new MKVI Gtis coming out
Old 05-13-2009, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya its the wastegate tune, i kno a couple people who did it manually already, made more power and blew there turbos. stock turbos are getting to the limit around 300wheel and most likely wont last long.. thats for the borg warner the new ones in the TSI may last longer but are still the same size and wont push out much more, but ya when u get meth id get a custom tune over the APR, Luiggi does it, he tuned a revo recently and got 12 wheel out of just changing their flash a little bit but that was without meth. and ya the fsi's love to spike high then drop to like 16-19 and most wont even hold that near redline.. weird cars. the MK6 is a weird looking vehicle not gonna lie haha, its like a toureg from the back
Old 05-14-2009, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crayola_G

lol things that drive us mentally insane.........

and as of now my GTi's stock...but not for long.......a lowering is due followed by bsh stage1 intake and ATP 3'' downpipe....for tuning as of now im pretty much settled on APR, revo has fallen of the map (i used to be a big revo fanboy) w/ those mods tuned ill be at a nice 270whp, change the intercooler and add meth ill be 300whp. cars just as heavy as my tC too, and itll have a lil bit more tq.....w/o cooling upgrades ill be at 300lbs to the wheel. TSI FTW
still waiting on our race...