Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My 07 Turbo(Edited w/ Dyno)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 07:47 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

/\/\ lowered the boost down from 8.7 to 7psi to compensate for the higher compression in the 07's plus the manifold change.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:48 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

and a new plug and play harness for the new ecu
Old 11-19-2006, 07:55 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Neversat
Prototype: thanks, I'm sure you will be happy with it when you get it. As far as clutch my stock one doesn't have too much mileage so I figure I'll push it and spend the money elsewhere, at least til later, if it ain't broke right... and as far as the AFR, don't have a gauge right now, when I get it tuned I know they have a wideband, so I should be able to get some base #'s before they start tuning.
My stock clutch only has 7,200 miles on it and already feels like its slipping n/a
Old 11-19-2006, 07:56 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Oh oh, make sure you put Dezods Partial-Throttle EMS on your priority list!!

(Holy quadrople post *****!)
Old 11-19-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is it really needed?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
is it really needed?

right, people were running fine before without it...

but i think if you want to go into high boost levels (like above 13ish) then you need it or else you will be WAYYY too lean for that much boost at some partial throttle level
Old 11-19-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes, get the dezod black box! i can build up pretty much full boost running an AFR of 14.7. regarding the tune, assuming the tune is the same or similar, im running 11.0-11.5 under WOT. im waiting for my greddy support tool to try and smooth up the fuel curve tuning off of MAP. btw, im still on stock clutch at 26k and boosted for about 2k and it feels fine to me.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:05 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mike6789k
is it really needed?

but i think if you want to go into high boost levels (like above 13ish) then you need it or else you will be WAYYY too lean for that much boost at some partial throttle level
Great advantage in making the vehicle more reliable for years to come. If you drive around 80% of the time under partial throttle acceleration (which most people do) then its def a nice guardian against high EGT's in city stop and go. You can still easily built 5-6lbs of boost without going WOT. The black box with dezods flash (extra $30-40 i believe) will bring partial throttle under boost down from 14.7 to the 12's. (3-7+) and mild boost 1-3lbs to the 13's. They have a thread on this in this section, alot of good information!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...145688&start=0
Old 11-19-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
is it really needed?

Great advantage in making the vehicle more reliable for years to come. If you drive around 80% of the time under partial throttle acceleration (which most people do) then its def a nice guardian against high EGT's in city stop and go. You can still easily built 5-6lbs of boost without going WOT.
right, i can see how the EGT's would be high.

would a catch can on the pcv not lower them enough?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by satoman44
yes, get the dezod black box! i can build up pretty much full boost running an AFR of 14.7. regarding the tune, assuming the tune is the same or similar, im running 11.0-11.5 under WOT. im waiting for my greddy support tool to try and smooth up the fuel curve tuning off of MAP. btw, im still on stock clutch at 26k and boosted for about 2k and it feels fine to me.
Hit me up on AIM, im anxious to help you.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wont the black box decrease power output?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

How so?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
How so?
well we all know the richer you run, the less power you make... when you run lean, you make alot more power (but not safely...)

so for people running low boost, like 8 psi, they are better off running 14.7 than 12 (powerwise, reliability wise 12 is better... but there is so little risk running 14.7 at such a low psi that i dont think the black box would benefit these drivers much)

please correct me if i am mistaken though!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

14.7 is not the ideal fuel ratio for boost.

12.8 would be ideal for most applications for the highest HP but with higher compression motors like ours, it's still a little too lean. Running it pig rich will actually lower power, and increase EGTs as well. A good tune of 11.5-12.5 for moderate boost levels will make the best power.

You can get a little more power out of it if you go to about 12.8-13.0, but it's not that safe at all for our cars.

For those that have been driving this whole time, most of us either stay in low boost or floor it. I know many people dont go 50-60% throttle for extended periods of time in 4th or 5th gear without worrying about blowing something up. This just gives you the piece of mind.

Modding the PCV will help lower the EGTs, but no one has really been able to test long term results on this for reliability so I'm avoiding that for now.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

looks good!
Old 11-20-2006, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod

12.8 would be ideal for most applications for the highest HP but with higher compression motors like ours, it's still a little too lean. Running it pig rich will actually lower power, and increase EGTs as well. A good tune of 11.5-12.5 for moderate boost levels will make the best power.

You can get a little more power out of it if you go to about 12.8-13.0, but it's not that safe at all for our cars.

For those that have been driving this whole time, most of us either stay in low boost or floor it. I know many people dont go 50-60% throttle for extended periods of time in 4th or 5th gear without worrying about blowing something up. This just gives you the piece of mind.

Modding the PCV will help lower the EGTs, but no one has really been able to test long term results on this for reliability so I'm avoiding that for now.
cool thanks!

so it ISNT good to drive 50-60% throttle without the black box since we are boosting but letting the stock ECU handle it???
Old 11-20-2006, 05:24 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
is it really needed?

Great advantage in making the vehicle more reliable for years to come. If you drive around 80% of the time under partial throttle acceleration (which most people do) then its def a nice guardian against high EGT's in city stop and go. You can still easily built 5-6lbs of boost without going WOT.
right, i can see how the EGT's would be high.

would a catch can on the pcv not lower them enough?
A catch can will only help prevent blow-by
Old 11-20-2006, 05:27 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod

cool thanks!

so it ISNT good to drive 50-60% throttle without the black box since we are boosting but letting the stock ECU handle it???
That seems to be the jist of it
Old 11-20-2006, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Correct. Luckily the stock ECU pulls a good chunk of timing on part throttle so it's not instant death (if you will). Add in a good AF curve and it's a well run machine that should last a very long time.

BTW - Kit looks great man! Sorry to jack the thread. Let us know how it's been going!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet! nice to see another boosted tc in the islands. lookin good and i'll keep an eye out for you guys on the roads. i live around kaimuki area so if you see anyone shaka you'll know it me.
also, ease of the install?
what shops can tune cars in oahu?

Quick Reply: My 07 Turbo(Edited w/ Dyno)