Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **EDIT: DOWN AGAIN **

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well the tranny was something ive had for a while since i got it a little over a year ago
going up the gears is fine but going from 3rd to 2nd, almost every time i have to hold the clutch in for a few seconds before it will go in or it will grind.... thats at about 35mph

btw, never had a problem like that in any other 5 or 6sp
Old 01-23-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but back on topic here, yea since u have the stock pulley they should honor the warrenty.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah well they arent saying it has anything to do with my pully, just that i had no oil... there should be a good chance that they will fix it because of scion care but i dont know anybody who checks their oil everytime they get gas.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i see, i was reading too quickly. but i mean they can't blame it on him cause the dealer installed mods are unaltered. right?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well for mine its covered under the factory warranty and my extended warranty because I got it installed by toyota.... otherwise it wouldve only been 1 year... the thing is they say its no way related (however id like to point out that my oil pan had leaked before and they saw that when doing an oil change and i made an appointment the next day for it) and I have had problems with the tranny since I got it... toyota better fix my car up right!
Yeah they always have to say it's not their fault. I guess sometimes they really do trick people into thinking they don't have to replace it, but anyway, ur under your factory warranty, no matter what happened to ur car, unless caused by an uncovered mod, it is their responsiblity. That includes AXLE-BACK exhausts.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Is there any way for you to actually verify that you were low on oil. Ive heard customer service nightmare stories where people were told they were low on oil, or low on transmission fluid, only to find out that they were being lied to, with the hope of voiding their warranties. Be especially wary of dealership warranties on used cars (although not the case here). I would go as far as looking into legal action if they continue to refuse, because no one in hell checks their oil everytime they fill up. I personally check every week or so, but I dont think that that is particularly common. Hell, my GF checks her oil never, I check it for her every so often, because she does not even know what oil does, so, well, you get the point. Plus, if your oil light didnt go off until after you heard noise and say smoke, your could have been just fine on oil and the damn thing puked out your 3 quarts while you were driving causing the problem. Sounds fishy to me.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they knew about an oil leak due to their SC install and this happened to me I would be very angry. This should be covered by warranty. You should not have to check the oil every time you fuel the car due to their error. How long have they known about this oil leak??
Old 01-23-2007, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*edited*

Thats total utter BS. It should be covered. Although, I can see where they are coming from with owner neglect. Maybe try and work down the labor or parts cost, labor probably being the more expensive one. Thats only if you absolutely are not covered by the warranty. I would also want to find out what caused the problem. Get back to us with a full report with pics and such. I wouldn't put it past the dealer lieing to you either, they are out there to make money and most of them truly don't give a ____ about you unless you play professional sports. Well at least thats the case were I work. I would go verify myself that it is low on oil. How much work have they done so far? if any, etc. etc. KEEP US UPDATED!!!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Block strength and compression ratio are not the only factors. Octane is VERY important to what a safe power level is (or even fuel in general). F1 turbo engines in the mid 80's were making well over 1000 BHP with 1.5 liters (with more then 60 PSI). The Honda engine had comression ratios around 7.4 to about 8.2 in one season and the cosworth engine supposidly had a higher compression ratio. These were with aluminum blocks also.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by equinox2355
yeah well they arent saying it has anything to do with my pully, just that i had no oil... there should be a good chance that they will fix it because of scion care but i dont know anybody who checks their oil everytime they get gas.

Yeah man, I hear ya. My father works at a Scion Dealership and he will be the first to tell ya. You have to be dick to get it done right. Dont settle for anything less the the engine and tranny being completely replaced. If you didnt do any other mods then they shouldnt fight you at all. And dont be affraid to call Scion headquarters. My little brother was having some work done at a dealer and he wasnt happy with it and the service department and my dad's dealership refused to fix it again. My brother called Scion HQ and the next day there was a flat bed truck came picked up my bro's car and took it to the dealership of his choice to have the work re-done. Service manager at my dad's place was fired the same day. Dont let them con you into thinking you have to pay for it.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very interesting....

if this happens to me, ( oh well ) $hit happens.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:48 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw

Yeah man, I hear ya. My father works at a Scion Dealership and he will be the first to tell ya. You have to be dick to get it done right. Dont settle for anything less the the engine and tranny being completely replaced. If you didnt do any other mods then they shouldnt fight you at all. And dont be affraid to call Scion headquarters. My little brother was having some work done at a dealer and he wasnt happy with it and the service department and my dad's dealership refused to fix it again. My brother called Scion HQ and the next day there was a flat bed truck came picked up my bro's car and took it to the dealership of his choice to have the work re-done. Service manager at my dad's place was fired the same day. Dont let them con you into thinking you have to pay for it.
Yeah, I called Scion Corp earlier today and I will call Toyota Corp tomorrow using the number I was given... Im not normally a person to complain especially if its my fault... however I dont see how I could've prevented it unless I checked my oil every 100 miles. I check my oil more often than most people, and I am not hard on my car. I even paid for extended warranty and for the pre-paid maint and even the supercharger install so that I wouldnt have to worry about things like this and it looks like it doesnt matter any way.... nice moral for the story toyota
Old 01-23-2007, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Default Re: My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **UPDATE & REQUEST**

Dublin Toyota REFUSES to cover under warranty due to the fact that they say that there was only 1.5qts of oil in it...
Ummm... did I misread something in the original post?

I was going 75 in the fast lane, and all of a sudden heard a clicking type of noise... all of a sudden i hear a pop.... there is white smoke coming out behind me, and my engine is shut off...
What did Dublin Toyota expect? When an engine blows, it tends to force out copious amounts of oil where it failed... that would be the cause of the white smoke. I would presume there was a puddle of oil under the car when the tow truck arrived?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have to understand, Toyota will do WHATEVER they can to not have to warranty that SC. This was the last Toyota that I will buy, aside from maybe a Supra later on in life, but I am in the process of probably litigation against my dealership.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah, I called Scion Corp earlier today and I will call Toyota Corp tomorrow using the number I was given... Im not normally a person to complain especially if its my fault... however I dont see how I could've prevented it unless I checked my oil every 100 miles. I check my oil more often than most people, and I am not hard on my car. I even paid for extended warranty and for the pre-paid maint and even the supercharger install so that I wouldnt have to worry about things like this and it looks like it doesnt matter any way.... nice moral for the story toyota

What did Scion HQ say when you called? Did they direct you to Toyota? I think you'll be taken care of. But please let us know how it turns out for ya.

Sorry about jacking your thread too man.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

What did Scion HQ say when you called? Did they direct you to Toyota? I think you'll be taken care of. But please let us know how it turns out for ya.

Sorry about jacking your thread too man.
Its cool about jacking the thread, it was bound to happen sometime.

When I called scion customer care, they didnt direct me, but they did tell me that they would have someone call me before 6PM tomorrow when looking into it. I went to talk to the service manager, to let him know how I feel ( and to return the car they gave me, and I didnt want to pay $50 a day (which he waved for the time that I had it, he paid for it out of the dealers pocket ))

Today Im going to call Toyota customer care, and tomorrow I may have to call the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR).... Ill do whatever it takes to get this fixed! Especially since the whole checking oil at every fill up thing is a weak excuse... if you blow the head gasket at speed almost all oil will come out... hence why there was so little in there.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well this is a first for me. I never heard of anyone that blew their motor on a stock S/C. Sorry to hear that man.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

And for the original thread starter..... They trying to not cover you even when your all stock..
Old 01-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
And for the original thread starter..... They trying to not cover you even when your all stock..
I know what you mean, and if im correct the oil would have come out of the car when it seized like it did.

Im going to raise hell to get this taken care of!

and also I just wanted to thank everyone who is trying to help me and that has shared compassion for my situation!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok equinox let me tell you my experience. toyota customer care will direct you to scion customer care. scion customer care is only there to document what goes on that is all. they can not influence dealers in anyway shape or form because they are all independently owned and operated. it took me two weeks to get a phone call back from scion corporates regional service rep. i had an accident in my car in december 2005. i hit a curb from sliding on black ice and brought it to the dealership that i had bought it from and had them do all the repairs. they "replaced" the control arm cv joints axle and strut and srping and wheel and tire. they had the car three weeks because of they couldnt get the factory potenzas. finally i get the car back and they tell me its gonna be tight for awhile since my whole front right suspension is new. i drove the car and under hard cornering or full lock in any direction they car made a popping noise from the front right suspension that had just been replaced. i would come in for an oil change and i would tell them what i heard. they would drive it come back tell me they didnt hear anything and i was just like fine.10 months later a service rep finally caught notice and diagnosed it as the strut not sitting in the cap right. dropped the car off a few weeks later and they waited three days for the guy to come fix it and then tell me its gonna be 3-5 days before the parts come in. i told the service manager i wanted a rental car and that i wasnt paying for it since this wasnt my fault and was an install error on their part. he told me that i would have to pay for it. so i called scion corporate and told them whats going they call the dealer the dealer calls me the next day after i was told 3-5 days for parts and am told to get my car that its done. i get the car drive it its still making the noise. i call scion corporate and they tell me to get a second opinon from another dealership. they then close my case without notifiying me saying they cant help me and there is no reason to keep my case open. so i took the car to another dealer and they find out that the strut cap is mounted completely incorrectly and that whoever did it did a ____ poor job. i then call the dealership that fixed the car the first time to tell them that they tell me thats impossible. i then tell them that i am not paying for the repairs well a bunch of bs insues but finally they give in and get the car fixed but guess what the car is still making the noise. everything has been documented and is still going on. but all i can say is dont shut your mouth until your car is fixed man. my ____ has been over a year in the making over something as small as a suspension

Quick Reply: My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **EDIT: DOWN AGAIN **