Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **EDIT: DOWN AGAIN **

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

**Update Posted**
Old 02-07-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your dealship is retarded and they are raping you hard. I can't believe they would suggest something as assinine as that. You can get 2AZ-FE's for $900! I would be fighting this hard. They can not prove 100% that it is your fault. $16,000 is way off, they just want you to buy another car. Are people in this world really this dumb and lazy. Seriously, this is why the human race is doomed for failure.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If I get it totaled out I will buy another car, most likely a WRX or an STI
Old 02-07-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **UPDATE & REQUEST**

Originally Posted by equinox2355
My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor *sad face*

*UPDATE* 2/6/07 5:00PM - They tore down the motor and found that 2 rods have gone through the block and 3 valves have been bent. As it stands they want $16,000 for a new motor + install.... Also if I went with a ZPI longblock, I would be looking close to $10,000 for a motor from them, including whatever install.. However I have recently discovered a slight ray of hope.... I forgot that I have GAP insurance.... and being that the repairs are so much, ill just total the car out and get another car.... and due to my recent experience, it wont be a car in the toyota family, nor do I think I will ever get another toyota/scion/lexus because of how I was treated. As I will also recommend no one else to get one as well.

**Now for my request: The dealer has asked me to find any information of anyone who has had this happen (the engine problem like mine) regardless of what was modified on the car (if it was done by toyota or not) and to describe what was done to fix, as the dealer states that he will use it to fight with toyota. If you can post it, or send it to me in a PM id appreciate it and it would help me out a lot!**

I will keep you guys posted... never thought this would happen to me!

Sometimes the SC consume lots of oil (Through the intake) I have seen more that one post in which a TRD Super Charger equipped Scion tC has just consumed 1 or more quarts of oil for no apparent reason. Usually the catalitic coverter ends up needing to be replaced. These are some of the wierd things that the SC do before they go bad...

Be carefull with repair options...Your insurance company will simply find an "approved mechanic" and/or place of buisness that installs engines for a living. These folks can put an engine from a wrecked tC of equal or lesser miles than your factory one and do it all for less than 3K. Then the bill is back on you. Sounds like the dealer just want's to empty your pockets and will propbably charge you labor to tear-down the engine that was done to "help you out, to make a case against Toyota corporate". Talk about adding insult to injury.

I have a friend that didn't keep up the maintenane on a new leased car and the engine siezed up. Ended having to swap the engine at an engine replacement facility (Delear wanted too much money $$$$$ to do the same work). He ended up having to buy the car at the end of the lease term or pay out the nose AGAIN. That car has been a thorn on his side ever since.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **UPDATE & REQUEST**

Originally Posted by equinox2355
My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor *sad face*

*UPDATE* 2/6/07 5:00PM - They tore down the motor and found that 2 rods have gone through the block and 3 valves have been bent. As it stands they want $16,000 for a new motor + install.... Also if I went with a ZPI longblock, I would be looking close to $10,000 for a motor from them, including whatever install.. However I have recently discovered a slight ray of hope.... I forgot that I have GAP insurance.... and being that the repairs are so much, ill just total the car out and get another car.... and due to my recent experience, it wont be a car in the toyota family, nor do I think I will ever get another toyota/scion/lexus because of how I was treated. As I will also recommend no one else to get one as well.
Wait a second. I am suprized that your engine HAD 1.5qt's left in it with 2 rods poppin THROUGH the block. Call Scion Customer experiance back. I dunno how they can say that this is oil related when the rods where THROUGH the block. If they dont help call scion corporate. The engine tear down should have been done before the regional service manager was called. Something is very fishy about this.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NO WHERE in the manual does it say anything about checking your oil everytime you put gas in the car. You my friend are seriously getting screwed by the system. Might ask them for the 1.5qt that was left in the motor b/c looks like you're needing it. Don't be another kid being told you are wrong by someone older than them I am sick and tired of older people thinking they are right just because they are older. If you worked for this you would be more willing to fight it but I have a sneaking suspicion that you just are tired of the tC and want to get another car and decided to jump on the awd turbo bandwagon. Good luck with that. I really wish someone would step up to the plate against this kind of stuff, manufactures need to know what is going wrong so they know how to FIX the problems.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

16,000? they are playing you, Your insurance is going to take a look at it and I bet you the cost of repair will be way less in 10,000
Old 02-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by tCb00b
NO WHERE in the manual does it say anything about checking your oil everytime you put gas in the car. You my friend are seriously getting screwed by the system. Might ask them for the 1.5qt that was left in the motor b/c looks like you're needing it. Don't be another kid being told you are wrong by someone older than them I am sick and tired of older people thinking they are right just because they are older. If you worked for this you would be more willing to fight it but I have a sneaking suspicion that you just are tired of the tC and want to get another car and decided to jump on the awd turbo bandwagon. Good luck with that. I really wish someone would step up to the plate against this kind of stuff, manufactures need to know what is going wrong so they know how to FIX the problems.
Its not that im sick of the car... anyone who knows me, knows that I love my tC.... ask my friends, they always make fun because I point out tCs that I see ( yet one was thinking about getting one) What im disgusted at is toyota... and the way they are treating me... because of that is why I will never buy another toyota / scion / lexus ever... I hope they are happy.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys are talking about the motor oil right? Shoot, i better check mine...

Dang! So you should have like 5 quarts in your car, so you lost like 3.5 quarts of motor oil and you were only running on 1.5 quarts?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oil capacity is 3.8 qts. IIRC, its in the book. I would be as calm as I can with whoever at toyota/scion corporate that you are working with. I would want to know why they aren't willing to help you. I would start asking them a bunch of questions. I would also get a lawyer. I'm calling you out, I dont think you have the testicular fortitude to do that.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea I agree, you better fight this all the way, cause if you give up on this, they know that they have won and every scion owner that comes in after you with warranty repairs is gonna get the shaft too. Win the fight and let them know that you are not going to back down, it's a shame that you have to go through this, but if you prove your point and win, your also helping other people that won't get screwed over like you because the dealer would think twice before pulling a fast one again!Do whatever it takes!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I dont have the time or money... I dont have a car right now, nor do I have the money to fight anything... Im forced to walk to work, and im fed up.... If any one has any money or any way for me to fight it like a family member that is a lawyer ill do it, but without a car, and chance of losing my 2nd job, its becoming not worth it to me to fight it.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No offense, but I am almost shocked that you have not yet sought out and or retained a lawyer. They are playing you for a fool.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by jakedudeta
No offense, but I am almost shocked that you have not yet sought out and or retained a lawyer. They are playing you for a fool.
dont have money to pay for a lawyer.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood
Originally Posted by LIKE_OR_AS_GOD
My car was about a year and half old when I threw a rod, but it was caused by sucking in some water 6 months before dureing flooding. It just didn't run well and had it in the shop once before for a check engine linght and they just changed the A/F solinod and than when it blew they didn't even bat an eye as my engine warrenty was like 60K/5years....even had it done in 3 days instead of a week or two like he wanred. Didn't pay a dime for my rental car either. Than had to take it back in a few months ago for anouther check engine light. My cat was all clogged up and they switched it out witha new one, again not a dine paid. So your dealer or the one your dealing with is flippin' BS. Realy check around for people in your area that had dealt with that dealership or others. Dealerships don't like doing warrenty work cause they don't make no money off it. So they normaly try to do what ever they can to not do the work and make you pay.
When that happen to your car did you have any mods on it like an Intake or something?
Actualy when it was flooded that was why I sucked in the water, I had to go through some 6" standing water to get out of the area. That was the summer before last and it blew on Memorial day last year. I called up my dad and switched out the CAI to stock in like 15 mins (I gotten so use to doing this now it takes no time). Called the tow truck and they got back to me the next day saying a rod was sticking through the side. Said it will take probly up to two weeks to get all the parts
Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And don't get ____ed at Toyota man, it's the dealer giveing you BS. You should have a 60K/5 year warrenty on you moter. That was teh first thing my dealer told me...yah you have a good warrenty so we will order your engine....they didn't ask if I was driveing hard or what, but than mine allso was stock and not a SC. Might of been diffrent if it was. I mean it wasn't hard to tell I changed out my CAI cause I lost one of the stock screws for the A/F solaniod. Allso help with a 2 year old car I allso only have 14K miles on it.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

get one of those lawyers and you dont have to pay if they dont win the case dude i did that when the carwash scratched my rims and the stupid carwash didnt break we lost the case and guess what? i didnt have to pay the lawyer a damn penny but now that i think bout it they lawyer might have sucked at his job thats why i lost lol
Old 02-08-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Equinox, put this on the Pacific Mid Regional Forums. Scikotics, SE, and Scinergy have all supported Dublin Toyota / Scion in the past. If they're telling you they won't replace your motor/trany/SC because you "didn't check your oil every fillup" we need to know that sort of bullsh!t.

The Scion folk in norcal are not going to support a dealership that's just making
bullsh!t up to avoid warranty work. Also, it would be helpful to know what (if any) the dealership's story is. I'm hoping you misunderstood what they said or they misunsderstood what you said.

From what you've written, there's no way it should be going down this way. What you've said they've said is just so utterly wrong, I can't get my head around it.

Are they accusing you of "Never" putting oil in it?
Are they saying that the SC just "sucked in" 2.5 quarts of oil without tripping the "check oil" light?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am literally losing sleep over this and its not even my car. Make sure when they call to survey you that you rip them a new one. Kill their CSI rating, get someone fired. $16k...its disgusting. Spread the word. I'm about to start sending them hate mail.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hope this helps... https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=156377
if not, i suggest you talk to your GAP insurance... goodluck man...

Quick Reply: My STOCK S/C tC blew its motor **EDIT: DOWN AGAIN **