Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My Tc's power S/c'd

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Tc's power S/c'd

I have the Tc's Sc'd and at first I was pretty impressed with the feel of everything, power, delivery time, just the whole thing in general. Then I took it to the shop and added a handful of goodies, man it feels like a whole different car. I went with the Megan racing headers with the 2.5 inch t-304 magna flow exhaust... little to no rasp. I the added the 2.5 inch custom compacts s-pipe, I upgraded the Bosch BPV to the 110 sport and then built a custom cold air box. I will be going for the dyno in about two weeks but I'de bet atleast 230-240 whp. It hits hard even at 2,900 rpm's now. I love the feel and the only thing I have left to add is a FMIC. On 7psi, my car will keep it's warrenty and be around 280-290 to the crank. Oh yeah some nice 225/45 Bridgestone Re-750's for traction in the summer, and a limited slip.

To put it simple just like everything else the S/C is just a large peice of the puzzle. But if you can put the rest of it together correctly and be happy pushing 240-250 whp then you can do it under warrenty. I have had a few races with my car like this and I beat an RSX-S, S/C'D Tc and I decently modified spec V, all by atleast a car length or more from light to light. Not bragging simply saying that the S/C T/c if you free up the horses trapped in there can push some numbers. Also I found a great deal on my Magna flow exhaust pm me for questions if you are interested.

Oh for anyone screaming about the SI's they run 7.3 0-60 stock and out the door pricing starts around $21,000. Thats a supercharged or turbocharged Tc. Doesn't add up, but some are Honda loyal.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally i would have gone Turbo. Especially since you're in Kentucky...But congrats on the SC.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:53 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nic gains. I am deffinetly going the same route. As much power with out hurting reliability and warranty. I have an HKS exhaust and the S/C. I want a header to s pipe but i dont want the rasp and CEL. And of course when someone has an intake it will be my first thing to throw on it. Let us know the dyno gains of your setup.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice job man Keep us updated with your dyno results.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice enjoy your new goodies, just make sure you consider the SC pulley (not crank). It has been shown to increase output by 20hp 19tq. I will soon mod my RSX -S k Pro and a few other mods should be at 220whp N/a on a 2700 pound car. Hopefully i can SC my TC if they ever design a proper auto kit for it.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice Job. Don't forget to post up with the gains after you've dyno'd.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on the TRD s/c
Old 11-28-2005, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice, but where are the pics?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds nice. but yeah i'm wanting some pics.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default It'll be a while

It'll be a little bit before I get some pics simply due to the fact that I don't ahave a digital camera nor do I have a scanner. I'll see what I can do. The dyno's are what I am interested in more than anything. I am really tempted to boost the PSI but there goes the lovley warranty.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

think about swapping the spipe and switching catback -- thats gonn a give you a few extra hp right there.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am a noob so I prolly have no idea what iam talking about but you mention reliability, if something breaks wont the warranty not be in use since you changed the supercharger? and I thought increasing boost on turbo or sc running up to 280 whp stresses your engine all the same weather turbo or sc?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Nic gains. I am deffinetly going the same route. As much power with out hurting reliability and warranty. I have an HKS exhaust and the S/C. I want a header to s pipe but i dont want the rasp and CEL. And of course when someone has an intake it will be my first thing to throw on it. Let us know the dyno gains of your setup.

If it's been said once, it's been said UMPteenth number of times....The Umitiza Intake works with the S/C...
Old 11-28-2005, 02:41 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I dont want something that just works. To many people go and add parts because they work. I want something designed for the s/c. It will be like adding high compression pistons just because it works.

I want something designed and tested to work with the s/c. I am in this for reliability and fun, not just to throw something togethor so that i have it.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since when would new headers not void your warranty (granted you don't take it off before going to the dealership)? Exhaust I could see, or even the custom cold air box, but not the headers.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well not "void" your warranty but they most likely will refuse to fix something with your engine if its broken saying that a header caused it
Old 11-28-2005, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Typhoon
well not "void" your warranty but they most likely will refuse to fix something with your engine if its broken saying that a header caused it
First they have to prove that the header caused it, they can't refuse, because "they think the header did it". You can slap anything on your car and it won't void your warrany just for putting it on, if somethig breaks and they determine that it was caused by an aftermarket part, then they can refuse to fix the problem under warranty, but they have to prove it on paper, not just with words.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

huh, never thought that tC could be pushing about 280-290 at crank with just header and s/c, but it sure sounds sweet b/c I always thought that tC would just stay in a lower class compared to others (350z, S2K, etc) ANywayz, keep us updated.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
I dont want something that just works. To many people go and add parts because they work. I want something designed for the s/c. It will be like adding high compression pistons just because it works.

I want something designed and tested to work with the s/c. I am in this for reliability and fun, not just to throw something togethor so that i have it.

An Intake is an Intake in my book. Unless it's dyno proven of course.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thats the whole point - when they come out w/ the s/c intakes they are going to be dyno proven..... the same way all the other parts are. Scion people go by what looks good, what sounds good, and what performs. This car is too hot to not be picky ...cause the next company that is putting out a better product is getting the sales.

Quick Reply: My Tc's power S/c'd