Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

My ZPI Stage 1 Install 7/27 * PIX*

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
great kit dude.
looks like dezod saved the day

How hard is it for someone as a " TUNER " to tune a base map? Took me an hour at the most from scratch.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

is the password: whocares
Old 07-31-2007, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82

Nah, kenny dosnt like me that much. But the password is up to kenny if he wants you to access it. If not, then the tuner is going to have to delete the map, and map one himself.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050

Nah, kenny dosnt like me that much. But the password is up to kenny if he wants you to access it. If not, then the tuner is going to have to delete the map, and map one himself.
for a base map that you paid for .... i think its only fair to not pw protect it. Having someone pay for a whole new tune after they spend $$'s on your turbo kit ....its just not cool.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank god i went with a sc instead of turbo from zpi....
Old 07-31-2007, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by garyc_01
thank god i went with a sc instead of turbo from zpi....
thank god. with better tires and a few more grand, you may hit 13's with the SC!

The base map is just that, a base map. Its pretty good, except for the fact that it needs to be properly tuned for your area. I dont know why they passwrod protect it, but i know alot of tuners that do. Just have your tuner " tune " it. Your stull paying for dyno time either way.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:31 AM

great kit dude.

How hard is it for someone as a " TUNER " to tune a base map? Took me an hour at the most from scratch.
It is not all that hard at all, unless your the guy who is forking out the cash for dyno/tune time. It is simply a matter of courtesy, when you pay $4000ish for a turbo kit that includes a base map, you get the base map. It simply takes less time to refine a good base map that to build one from scratch & then fine tune it. Most "Tunes" are fairly inadequate and mainly address WOT conditions. A proper tune is done on a good low inertia, steady state dyno and address's the entire map, not just WOT.

To me it simply seems petty to keep the base map from the customer, because in the end isn't the idea to please and service your customers?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ you are going to be seeing a lot more 280whp+ s/c's now that the price went wayyy down. Throw some cams, more boost, and bigger injectors and you are over 300whp right there ........ turbo guys have seen better numbers to start with but dont sleep on the s/c
Old 07-31-2007, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I agree, and like i said i dont know why they password protect it, but thats something your going to have to ask kenny, not me
Old 07-31-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by SwapDOHC
great kit dude.

It is not all that hard at all, unless your the guy who is forking out the cash for dyno/tune time. It is simply a matter of courtesy, when you pay $4000ish for a turbo kit that includes a base map, you get the base map. It simply takes less time to refine a good base map that to build one from scratch & then fine tune it. Most "Tunes" are fairly inadequate and mainly address WOT conditions. A proper tune is done on a good low inertia, steady state dyno and address's the entire map, not just WOT.

To me it simply seems petty to keep the base map from the customer, because in the end isn't the idea to please and service your customers?

.............and have the customer's tuner make the tune better and have a high hp car that people ask who designed it. Now the customer can say how they were ripped off and have the next 10 people order from someone else.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ you are going to be seeing a lot more 280whp+ s/c's now that the price went wayyy down. Throw some cams, more boost, and bigger injectors and you are over 300whp right there ........ turbo guys have seen better numbers to start with but dont sleep on the s/c
Yeah, lets see:

Cams
12 PSI Pulley
Water / Meth injection

.. Just for starts. Most people buying the supercharger cant afford the turbo route, or want to keep there warranty. You think they wanna spend the money for cams, 12 PSI pulley, and meth? haha. Good luck with 300 WHP @ 5900 RPM
Old 07-31-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SwapDOHC
great kit dude.

.............and have the customer's tuner make the tune better and have a high hp car that people ask who designed it. Now the customer can say how they were ripped off and have the next 10 people order from someone else.
Ripped off?

Didnt know a tuner who dosnt want his custom tune KNOWN is just ripping everyone off. Maybe ill complain to all the tuners in SOFLA who do the same thing.

Promotion is promotion. weather it be good or bad.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:50 AM

Ripped off?

Didnt know a tuner who dosnt want his custom tune KNOWN is just ripping everyone off. Maybe ill complain to all the tuners in SOFLA who do the same thing.

Promotion is promotion. weather it be good or bad.
It's not the tune that gets known, it is the results that get known. If I can do it better and make more power, why not come to me?
Old 07-31-2007, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to square off one thing with Whocares05050, hey u may run 13s or lower but i dont have to worry about bhg anytime soon.. yea u make all the power out there and brag about it keep crankin that boost. either ur turbo goes or ur motor, stage 1 kit is the same amount of money wat i spent with less hp but u know wat win all the races out there but ill see ur car on the side of the road b4 mine just rememba that...i have owned a turbo car b4.

as a shop owner when you sell product to someone who saved up few months or year to buy this turbo kit and say its pretune and reliable and found out it was leaning or runnin rich some may say ok fine no worries just gotta get it tuned. then when u go to a tuner try to tune your car and it ask u for a pw?? wtf i will pretty mad finin out i spent 4.5k+ on a kit that will pretty much damage my engine due to havin a pw on my piggy ecu wont u think that? shame on zpi

now lemme get some feedback!!!! for all the zpi fans out there
Old 07-31-2007, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the password is scionspeed
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the password is play - Boh Boh BA da ... Boh Boh Ba da ....
Old 07-31-2007, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
the password is scionspeed
Old 07-31-2007, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by garyc_01
to square off one thing with Whocares05050, hey u may run 13s or lower but i dont have to worry about bhg anytime soon.. yea u make all the power out there and brag about it keep crankin that boost. either ur turbo goes or ur motor, stage 1 kit is the same amount of money wat i spent with less hp but u know wat win all the races out there but ill see ur car on the side of the road b4 mine just rememba that...i have owned a turbo car b4.

as a shop owner when you sell product to someone who saved up few months or year to buy this turbo kit and say its pretune and reliable and found out it was leaning or runnin rich some may say ok fine no worries just gotta get it tuned. then when u go to a tuner try to tune your car and it ask u for a pw?? wtf i will pretty mad finin out i spent 4.5k+ on a kit that will pretty much damage my engine due to havin a pw on my piggy ecu wont u think that? shame on zpi

now lemme get some feedback!!!! for all the zpi fans out there

Have fun woth your supercharger issues and oiling issues
Old 07-31-2007, 05:02 PM
SL Member

So this is going to Rythmnsmoked, on the end of the install of your buddy's Dezod kit, you first need to make sure that you turn the pipes in the right direction, not saying that to be an A$$ just saying it cuz when I installed my kit my buddy slightly had the pipes at an angle and they seemed to touch the bumper, but once that was taken care of the bumper went on like a glove. I would also suggest if you he hasn't done it is to take the intercooler pipes off and fray the ends out so the silicone grabs better or spray some hairspray on them and then put them back on, that will hold them nice and snug.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On my base map for my ZPI kit all I did was hit enter (typed nothing into the password field) and I got to it. I hope this helps a little. Also the base map really isn’t all that but then again so are a lot of base maps.

Quick Reply: My ZPI Stage 1 Install 7/27 * PIX*