Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need fuel map.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can anyone else think of a way to make an adapter for injectors?If the injectors come with clips then I would need the male clips to go into the stock injector clips.Anyone know where I can find such a thing?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

make? just splice them man, if you wanna go back to stock makesure you splice far back so you have enough wire on both ends to go back
Old 11-05-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or, if you have not bought injectors yet, you can get the deatch injectors from Dezod which just modified stock injectors so they are COMPLETLEY plug and play and work with the stock clips.
http://www.dezod.com/cat_fuel_components.cfm
Old 11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am going to have the injectors that come with the treadstone kit.Since I don't have them as of now,I dont know if they are the same style plug.I would really prefer to make an adapter rather then splice.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just buy the two clips and splice them together as sort of a middle man type.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what I'd like to do,but where can i get a male clip to fit in the stock female clip is my question.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The injectors that come with the treadstone kit include the clips and wiring to splice in the bigger injectors. Speaking as someone who had the tread kit, I highly recommend buying PnP injectors and just selling the ones that come with the kit. The reason Treadstone is using these injectors is that they allow the kit to run safely on the stock ecu. They are flow matched to the stock ecu and their Velocity Stack MAF adapter. Since you are going to run a piggy back unit, purchase dezod's PnP injectors and save yourself some headache. In my honest opinion and doing some searching, I think the reason Treadstone does not recommend the Emanage to tune their kit has something to do with the injectors they use. I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that the impedence of the injectors screws with the emanage. I have no proof though so. I'd call fiveomotorsports.com and ask them if they have anything that can help you, otherwise go to dezod and buy the PnP injectors.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've talked to 3 people with the treadstone kit now,2 with the emanage blue and one with the AEM,and all of them said they haven't had any problems tuning with the included injectors.

I'm not calling bull____ on you,I just can't afford to spend another $400 on injectors on a hunch when everyone else I've talked to had no problem tuning them.If I have problems when i get it on the dyno then so be it,otherwise I'll take my chances based on the majority opinion.

That said,my question still remains:
Where can i get a male clip to fit in the stock female clip?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I remember someone posting a link to an item what was just what you needed...but I can't remember where on these forums I saw it.

That being said, if you know guys that have done it, then I guess that's good enough. I would not do it simply because it specifically states on treadstone's website NOT to tune their kit with the greddy blue, and one guy here who did ended up blowing his ECU and having to beg (and pay) the dealership for a new one. Granted, that was probably an install error, but it's enought to scare me away.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a ECU for sale..w/ supercharged map in already i don't know if u want. let me know.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Treadstone tells you not to use the emanage because they already put a velocity stack on it to get away from having to use management.Tuning a treadstone kit with an emanage is like tuning any other kit with an emanage.If an installer managed to kill my ecu,then I would be knocking on his door until he fixed it.

Luckily I have another ECU for my car since I was going to go supercharged and wanted to be able to go back to stock.BWUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.No but seriously,I think I'll be fine.

If anyone comes up with a place to get what I need let me know!Thanks.