Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need GOOD Reasons for TRD S/C

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by tcboi513
I'm calm mayn ..thanks.. but yea, like I said I think I'm gon go the route of the keeping the warranty an all that stufff.. plus I want to get a bosch 110 bpv to go with it and the WR short intake for the s/c
If you are so worried about warranty, then forget the BPV and intake, because it will send your warranty out the door.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I mean truthfully I dont really care about the s/c intake as much as I do the BPV cause I'm just going to put the Bosch 110 in the bag where the other Bosch is before having them install it and they probably wont even know the difference.... I hope
Old 10-30-2008, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by streettimetc
even if toyota does the install it is not cover under the power trian warranty toyota submits all the info to trd and trd says ya or na im going through all of this right know and for the gas mine whent down from 29mpg hwy to 24mpg hwy do tothe fact of bigger injectors from the kit and trds pig rich reflash
Straight from TRD Sparks' website. Info available at TRD USA's website too:

Warranty:

TRD Superchargers are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date of installation or the remainder of the vehicle powertrain warranty, whichever provides greater coverage, when the Supercharger is installed by an authorized Toyota or Scion dealer.

TRD Supercharger units sold over the counter and installed by anyone other than an authorized Toyota or Scion dealer are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date of purchase. The warranty coverage on these units is limited to the replacement value of the Supercharger and does not include labor.

Modification of any kind to the Superchargers, such as but not limited to, pulley replacement or modifications of fuel pressure regulator or bypass system, will nullify this warranty.

Unless specifically identified as compatible with TRD Superchargers, other engine modifications, such as the addition of cold air induction systems, addition of exhaust headers, void the Supercharger warranty and may void the vehicle warranty.
Scion.com says that the powertrain warranty is 5yrs/60k miles, whichever comes first.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

see thats what i read when i first got my s/c i think my dealer is trying to get out warranting my car becouse iv got 58,695 on my car but i thought about if i pushed the issue and got it warranty ayear later iwould be in the same boat again thats why i gave up on the dealer and got the rebuild kit from kikcaffine hopefully i get more than a year and or 14,000 miles out of it
Old 11-09-2008, 05:05 PM

increased resale value!!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcboi513
well I mean truthfully I dont really care about the s/c intake as much as I do the BPV cause I'm just going to put the Bosch 110 in the bag where the other Bosch is before having them install it and they probably wont even know the difference.... I hope
If I remember correctly, the dealer got a little hesitant when I opened the box to look at all the stuff. I've even heard that some dealers wont do the install if the box has been opened. So I don't know if you'd want to do that. Plus it's not hard to install a BPV, takes like 5 mins.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my dealer won't honor the warranty if i buy the SC from someone else.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GammaTNT
my dealer won't honor the warranty if i buy the SC from someone else.
They have to honor your warranty, give Scion customer service a call.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you call customer service they'll go ahead honor? Why does that sound so easy?
Old 11-10-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HEYitzMEEE
If you call customer service they'll go ahead honor? Why does that sound so easy?
Oh no it isn't easy, its taken a month for me to get an appointment at the dealership, but the fact is that the supercharger is warranted and the dealer has to cooperate with scion wheter they installed it or not.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh right that does sound more reasonable. If a part is warrantied and its sold I mean at least transfer it. It's not even as major as a car so why bother with them saying "nonononono". Yay for transferable warranties on SC haha.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HEYitzMEEE
oh right that does sound more reasonable. If a part is warrantied and its sold I mean at least transfer it. It's not even as major as a car so why bother with them saying "nonononono". Yay for transferable warranties on SC haha.
well if you buy it used then i don't think its transferable, I mean if you buy it at a different dealership, trdsparks for example, and then take it in to your dealership to get s/c fixed.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh damn. Eff that rebuild kit then haha.