Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need Help !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:24 PM

Default Need Help !!!!

I recently just purchased a Turbonetic's turbo kit and i have a 07 scion tc and the kits on the car and all and i ran into a snag and its the Unichip it has a pnp harness for a 05 - 06 the car turned on and it would idle at about 1,000 rpms and would eventually die if i didnt give it gas and then when i gave it gas and it would only go up to 2,500 rpms and letting off the gas it would eventually just die and turn off the guy i bought it from said he ran it on a 07 idk how or if this is true but ive talked to a few friends that have turbo tc's and they say Unichip that there's no way to make the harness work for an 07 just wanting to know if there's anything i can do to make it work if not them im gonna go with a Aem FIC with a 07+ wiring harness so idk if anyones had anything like this before and im just looking for some advice and since im new to SL i cant post in the classified yet but im willing to either sell the unichip for a 05 - 06 with the wiring harness or trade it for a aem fic with a 07 wiring harness but any help would be appreciated thanks !
Old 04-24-2010, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have an 06 model and the kit is for 07' how did you plug in the maf? Both models the maf are different.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:44 PM

I ended up taking a piece of thin plastic and drilled out the exact size so the MAF and then knowing how the bolt patterns to bolt the MAF down are different from the 05 - 06 i ended up rigging up a way to bolt it down to the piping and thats how i did it but see thing with the Unichip pnp harness is that there are 3 wires that come off of it to plug into the ecu and the ecu has 4 plugs 2 of them plug of the Unichip fit both ways being into the pnp harness and then from the pnp harness to the ecu one fitting on the very first plug on top and the other fitting on the last but then theres one that goes in the middle and neither middle one fit but the guy i bought the kit from said he ran the unichip with the kit on a 07 so idk :/
Old 04-24-2010, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe maf backwards? Or maybe your rig isn't working.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:08 PM

So if that is the case would that be a resolve ? and so only 2 plugs from the Unichip being plugged in wouldnt make a different it should still be able to run ? cause i thought it was possibly cause of running the 05 - 06 Unichip harness but like i said guy i bought kit from ran this kit of his 07 and he said he only had 2 plugs plugged into the ecu would that still work ?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can't mis match harness. Just get a fic and that's it.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:15 PM

yeah thats exactly what i thought so ima just have to get the FIC and 07+ wiring harness and do it that way so hopefully i can get a trade or something to happen cause i need one asap and i heard the FIC some dont come pretuned with a base map is that true if so im gonna need to get it tuned as soon as i get it in ?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the fic and tune with mike aka elevationtc. He's in orlando and He has a food rep on here tuning with the fic. gl selling that unchip. Not a lot of people know how or tune that thing so it might be hard to sell.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 PM

Yeah i know what you mean and yeah im friends with mike and ima have him tune it as soon as i get some money but hopefully all will work out but thanks for your help and support i appreciate it :]