Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need help with AEM UEGO install

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Need help with AEM UEGO install

Need a little bit of help with an AEM UEGO install. The UEGO connects on the back with 2 connectors. One connector, a 6 or 8 pin connector runs to the stand alone wideband O2 sensor, and a 4 pin connector runs to 4 wires. Red, black, blue, and brown. Red is for a 12-18v switched 10a source. Black, of course ground. Blue, data link to AEM EMS (if used), and the brown is a narrowband 0.5-2v signal.I have the gauge installed and wires ran through the dash (Using an a-pillar pod), and the sensor cables ran through firewall gromet on the driver's side along with a vaccum line for boost. Only thing left is the 12v wiring. The installation guide says that it needs to hook up to a switched 12-18v source with a 10amp fuse. So my question....how do i do this?? There's a fuse box under the dash on the driver's side with a few empty junctions. Could i use one of those "create a circuit" plugs and create this switched 12v 10amp circuit this way? How has it been done in other cars?

Will have to say i'm pretty impressed with all that's included in the UEGO package. AFR and Lambda faceplates (interchangable), specific tuned resistor clip on sensor which eliminates free-air calibrating! Readable manual and simple wiring (aside from help needed above).
Old 10-10-2006, 08:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I originally bought a 30A relay from Best Buy. I made a black abs plastic box for it and installed/wired it inside. It drew current from it's own wire directly from the battery. The switch was triggered by my ACC wire on the ignition key. So as soon as I turn the key, it sends a signal to the relay, then the relay switches over and powers all of my smaller devices.

Another way would to honestly just tap straight into the ACC* wire of your ignition harness and fuse it, or any other 12V switched source like a cig. lighter. The gauge doesn't consume that much power, although the relay method is the best way.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I used the cig power.... it pulls hardly anything and haven't had an issue... close, easy to get to and easy fuse to replace if blown as well.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old pic... but shows what the relay I made looks like...

Old 10-10-2006, 08:44 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Not at all electronically inclined, haha. Wiring scares the crap outta me. I run a radar detector on the cig lighter. What if i tapped into the secondary cig/power outlet under the arm rest and ran a switch on the ground wire of the gauge? Work?

Hows the gauge act switched to ACC? The only experience i've had with wideband was the Innovate LM-1. Which was more of a tuning tool than a gauge cuz i don't believe it was developed to constantly be used in the car. Everytime i was going to crank up the car i would have to turn over to ACC for a minute before cranking up because the sensor had to "warm up".....10%.......27%.......45%.....78%.......100% GEEZ! Finally. (Manual says running w/o warmed sensor would damage sensor) The UEGO dosen't do anything like this does it?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:45 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

would the pull on the cig lighter be too strong with a radar detector and the gauge together?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could always tap the second DC adapter... From I remember I think they're on a seperate fuse (the one in the arm rest!)

I still think the relay, followed by the fused ACC option is your best bet
Old 10-10-2006, 08:48 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
Hows the gauge act switched to ACC? The only experience i've had with wideband was the Innovate LM-1.

Ghetto fab huh??
Old 10-10-2006, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry didn't see ur post before that one... The second one should work ok. As for the gauge... My sensor has been abused (even in sub zero weather) with cold starts and it still works great to this day so I wouldn't worry too much .

I suppose it would help, but I don't think it's anything that drastic.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's all good. I still miss my 7th gen sometimes... that was such a fun car
Old 10-10-2006, 08:50 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
I still think the relay, followed by the fused ACC option is your best bet
Agreed, but i just don't have the cranial fortitude to comprehend how to even attempt that
Old 10-10-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I could help you with a DIY if you want. It'll take a lil time but you'd get it within the 2 days.

PM me your preferred email address, and which option you'd like to go with, and I can give you a nice lil rundown of what's needed to be done.

As i said in the other post, I'm out for the night, but I'll follow up with you in the morning and we can get this bad boy situated.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:54 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
I could help you with a DIY if you want. It'll take a lil time but you'd get it within the 2 days.

PM me your preferred email address, and which option you'd like to go with, and I can give you a nice lil rundown of what's needed to be done.

As i said in the other post, I'm out for the night, but I'll follow up with you in the morning and we can get this bad boy situated.
That ish right there, that's exactly why i'm going with ur kit man!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I guess you got the wideband...not wasting any time huu...goin straight to the install hahahaha...good luck with it and thanks again for the purchase, pleasure doin business with ya
Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
I guess you got the wideband...not wasting any time huu...goin straight to the install hahahaha...good luck with it and thanks again for the purchase, pleasure doin business with ya
Yup, i sure got it!! No reason i see to install later. I've been doing everything i can install-wise now so that when the kit comes in i can hopefully do my turbo install overnight Gonna wait another week or so before doing the wiring though.

I appreciate doing business too! Saved me $50 roughly. Brand new in box, never opened, very rare!
Old 10-10-2006, 01:59 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just some pics.

-Stewart Warner boost gauge
-AEM UEGO
-Autometer dual pillar pod (tC Specific)(Slightly trimmed to fit)

Old 10-10-2006, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

looks good bro, glad your happy...Im a good person to do business with, Im legit. When I say brand new in the box I mean it
Old 10-10-2006, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i just installed my UEGO. It says i'm running lean at idle, how can this be fixed? The meter bounces around all over the place like a narrowband would do, I never get an accurate reading. Please Help.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well at idle you should be lean, 14.7 is where you should be if not even a lil higher if you have larger injectors
Old 10-11-2006, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why did the autometer get trimmed so much it doesnt fit right over the whole pod?

Quick Reply: Need help with AEM UEGO install