Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need Help With Ultimate Emanage???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need Help With Ultimate Emanage???

Hey guys, I have a problem with my ultimate emanage. It might be something else, but I narrowed it down to my ultimate emanage. Well, I have a Greddy turbo kit with the ultimate emanage. I have it dyno tuned by a good friend of Chris Rado. The car has been running fine for about 2 weeks now, but yesturday, i did an oil change and my number 4 cylinder stopped working. I checked for spark with the other coils and there was no spark. I then put the stock harness into the stock ecu, not using the ulitmate and the coil fired right up. I have the Dezod pnp harness, so the wiring should be correct. So, the question is, can it be the ultimate at fault??? my car starts, but it is running on only three cylinders. Has anyone ran into a problem like this before??? PLEASE HELP ME, MY CAR IS JUST NOW SITTING!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldnt trust the dezod pnp harness... someone said that you have to put the jumpers in different places to make it work how you want it because the wires are switched on the harness...

but i dont think thats the problem with you, why would it work for 2 weeks and then just die?

check the tune on the ultimate
Old 09-23-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
i wouldnt trust the dezod pnp harness... someone said that you have to put the jumpers in different places to make it work how you want it because the wires are switched on the harness...
the jumpers are there just for that reason ..... to make a lot of applications work with it ....so im not sure why you "wouldnt trust dezod" - it has nothing to do w/ them.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fried coil packs have been a problem with the ultimate on EVO 8's... what version of firmware do you have on the ultimate?
Old 09-23-2006, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Originally Posted by mike6789k
the jumpers are there just for that reason ..... to make a lot of applications work with it ....so im not sure why you "wouldnt trust dezod" - it has nothing to do w/ them.
ohh i see, sorry
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have to change the jumper settings because the Emanage shipped with greddy kits are NOT setup to control ignition timing. When you buy our harness, you need to change a jumper to tell it to now control your ignition. It has nothing to do with the harness, only default settings.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To try to better help you and not just defend my product (sorry if it came out that way)... It's usually a problem with the jumper pull down settings for your ignition control. We have a 12V ignition not a 5v, so make sure it's setup accordingly.

It randomly failing tells me a parameter or a jumper wasn't set correctly. I'd go through trouble shooting that and see where the fault could be. If you are worried about the harness, for a piece of mind, test for contiuance by using each pin of the harness to complete a light circuit or something to that nature. You can check to see if each wire is making a continued connection from one pin to the opposite side. Our harnesses our tested though, so I doubt it's that. It did work before and I don't see a newly pressed harness failing after 2 weeks. If you need an ECU pinout PM me your Email address and I can send it to you.

I'd still put a big focus on jumper and parameter settings though. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys, I found out what the problem was. It was my freak'n ignition chip on the circuit board. Somehow, it was bearly hanging on, and then when I took the board out, the chip came off completely. I hate how greddy puts this ignition chip so close to the case. This is my second Ultimate that had the same problem. Oh, and with the Dezod pnp, I never thought that it was the problem because it has always worked fine ever since I bought it. So Joe Dezod, I never doubt that it was your harness, I dont know why, and who said that. I think I should use the emanage blue, since no one has problems with them!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, I just want to thank all of you for your feedbacks!!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a problem when you open and close the case, the corner knocks the chip off.

Check here..
http://mohdparts.com/emanage/emu_mis...hip/index.html

What version of the Ultimate do you have? Apparently there have been some problems.. Seems to be fixed with the new version.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Its a problem when you open and close the case, the corner knocks the chip off.

Check here..
http://mohdparts.com/emanage/emu_mis...hip/index.html

What version of the Ultimate do you have? Apparently there have been some problems.. Seems to be fixed with the new version.
"Neglect in inserting the board into its housing carefully will cause the chip to be knocked out of its board"

Says it right above the picture showing there it breaks off.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

4 revisions already! Man It looks like the product was rushed out to consumers before all the Beta testing was done. It's like having microsoft windows running on your car... I do like the features of the ultimate -but the bugs in the software and all these board changes make me want to wait another year before I upgrade.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Whoa I need to catch up on this forum.....I just saw this thread. Glad to see all was straightened out!