Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

NEED INFO ON A TURBO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Originally Posted by Nychold
Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
but no matter what IC you go with, the treadstone requires cutting into the bumper and you see the pipes in the side vents. Very NOT sleeper. Other then that, I think it's a great kit. I actually prefer the look of hte pipes int the sides there, but I don't think it's as complete a kit as, say, the Dezod kit.
But for about $300, you could have a shop bend some new intercooler piping. I am going to do that soon.
So...$3095 + $300 + $500 (EMS) < $4300 and is basically the entire Dezod kit, unless I'm missing something... The only issue for me is it's not a simple 'call them up an order' process, since you have to get the pipes redone, and buy the EMS separate.
$3095+300+500=$3895 in my book which is still considerably less than the Dezod kit. I'm not trying to sway you either way, I was just pointing out a few things. I think you can't go wrong with either kit. Dezod is a great company who has answerered my many q's. I just see the tread kit get pushed aside often. Hope this doesn't come accross as argumentative, not my intention.
No, I see your point, and I totally agree. The extra cost (in my book) comes from that I can't just order it all, get it all at once, then go install it. And depending on how hard it is to find someone who can do that (no one where I live even touches mandrel bending), I'd have to consider the extra time for the install. Or just buy a slightly more expensive kit, and know that everything fits just as well.

Either way, I'm too far away from boostsville to be swayed by money.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but no matter what IC you go with, the treadstone requires cutting into the bumper and you see the pipes in the side vents. Very NOT sleeper. Other then that, I think it's a great kit. I actually prefer the look of hte pipes int the sides there, but I don't think it's as complete a kit as, say, the Dezod kit.
But for about $300, you could have a shop bend some new intercooler piping. I am going to do that soon.
So...$3095 + $300 + $500 (EMS) < $4300 and is basically the entire Dezod kit, unless I'm missing something... The only issue for me is it's not a simple 'call them up an order' process, since you have to get the pipes redone, and buy the EMS separate.
$3095+300+500=$3895 in my book which is still considerably less than the Dezod kit. I'm not trying to sway you either way, I was just pointing out a few things. I think you can't go wrong with either kit. Dezod is a great company who has answerered my many q's. I just see the tread kit get pushed aside often. Hope this doesn't come accross as argumentative, not my intention.
No, I see your point, and I totally agree. The extra cost (in my book) comes from that I can't just order it all, get it all at once, then go install it. And depending on how hard it is to find someone who can do that (no one where I live even touches mandrel bending), I'd have to consider the extra time for the install. Or just buy a slightly more expensive kit, and know that everything fits just as well.

Either way, I'm too far away from boostsville to be swayed by money.
yea I hear ya. I've told treadstone they'd sell a ton more kits if they would just offer a package where the piping doesn't interfer with the side vents! Back when I bought my kit, Turbo Toyotas wasn't out yet and the Tread set up was the best bang for my buck. if I were looking to boost, TT would be #1 on my list and Tread second. But i do love my kit.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's why I went with Turbo Toyotas. I was going to get the Dezod till I saw the Treadstone, and was goign to get the Treadstone till I saw the TurboToyotas.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The TT kit is interesting, but ugh...that manifold. Sorry, but I like simple, small manifolds more than octupi. (To give you an idea of my tastes, the Greddy manifold is the best I've seen, followed closely by the Treadstone one.)
Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
SL Member

The TT kit is interesting, but ugh...that manifold. Sorry, but I like simple, small manifolds more than octupi. (To give you an idea of my tastes, the Greddy manifold is the best I've seen, followed closely by the Treadstone one.)
so you want a turbo for looks more than performance?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
No, but I don't want to buy something ugly just because it performs well. Otherwise, I'd have bought an SRT-4.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
No, but I don't want to buy something ugly just because it performs well. Otherwise, I'd have bought an SRT-4.
hahahahaha
Old 06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WHAT! That TT mani is BEAUTIFUL! That was one of the main reasons I went with it!
And I wouldn't say the Greddy is a small, simple mani. It is tubular, just not equal lenght. Small would be ZPI or Dezod's mani's. All have their qualities.
I like that the treadstone is cast. I like that Dezod's is top mount. Greddy's is pretty. And ZPI's is very simple and effective.
But TurboToyotas is equal lengh...and...just LOOK at that beauty!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only equal length manifold I like the look of isn't really available yet:

But to each their own. :D
Old 06-13-2007, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mmmmmmm :drool:
All ELs are nice!
And I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the kits out today. It all depends on what your goals are.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only equal length manifold I like the look of isn't really available yet:

But to each their own. :D
What manifold is that?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's from the Insane Motorsports (?) upcoming kit. Let me find you the thread...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...167074&start=0

But I don't know the production status of it.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's from the Insane Motorsports (?) upcoming kit. Let me find you the thread...

OMG!! Does anyone want to buy a treadstone kit?!? HEHEHEHE
Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG!! Does anyone want to buy a treadstone kit?!? HEHEHEHE
Yeah, that kit's #1 on my watch list, and if they get it finished, probably #1 on my wish list. But until then, I have to go with actually existing kits.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, baby! Intense Power! top mount, equal lenght, all shiney! I wonder how much that kit is going to go for!
Old 06-13-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, baby! Intense Power! top mount, equal lenght, all shiney! I wonder how much that kit is going to go for!
I think i'd have to be around 6k or so. A little too rich for my liking. But def a sick kit.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dunno about that. The Turbonetics kit is only $5k, and people stopped buying that just because of the price. If Intense made their kit $6k, it'd either have to have insane performance, or no one would buy it.

After all, do the math. Figure $1000 for the manifold (cuz it's the sex), $1000 for a nice turbo, $1000 for the intercooler, piping, wastegate, BOV, couplers, etc., $1000 for the injectors and EMS, and $1000 for R&D and profits, and it's still a $5k kit. And I'm sure they can get good turbos much cheaper than that, so I'd imagine they'd have a 'starter kit' for around $4500 at most. But, we'll see.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think turbonetics priced theirs high because there was not much competition at the time. Intense has the equal length, which adds cost, and a bigger turbo (I think) adds cost as well. I could see it being one of the more expensive kits out there.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dunno about that. The Turbonetics kit is only $5k, and people stopped buying that just because of the price. If Intense made their kit $6k, it'd either have to have insane performance, or no one would buy it.

After all, do the math. Figure $1000 for the manifold (cuz it's the sex), $1000 for a nice turbo, $1000 for the intercooler, piping, wastegate, BOV, couplers, etc., $1000 for the injectors and EMS, and $1000 for R&D and profits, and it's still a $5k kit. And I'm sure they can get good turbos much cheaper than that, so I'd imagine they'd have a 'starter kit' for around $4500 at most. But, we'll see.
Yea, that seems about right. It will definatley rival T-Netics for most expensive kit. But appears like it'd be worth it if it looks that good!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dezod kit has dropped in price.