Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need major help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need major help!

So i blew out my turbo housing seals a couple of weeks ago and send it into turbonetics, they send one back with no bajo fittings so after a week of trying to retorfit it and arguing with netics about the parts i finally find somehting that will work wich cost me another 107.91. Anyways i get the trubo put all back together last week. then i find out im leakin 4 psi of boost....wtf..... so tonight i do a boost leak test on it and find i had a few small boost leaks that added up...no problem get em all fixed up and ready to go pushin 8psi again. I turn on my car and immediatley start blowing out white smoke....like billowing out.... get in my car and have already thrown a code haven't got it read yet though since its almost 1a.m. and guess what take it for a drive and im back down to 4psi of boost...ahhhhh idk what happened or where to start i have to look at it tom. in the daylight but anyone got any sujestions????
Old 05-24-2008, 06:36 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

white smoke = oil in exhaust/return line has kink. checkit
Old 05-24-2008, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok first, go to school and learn how to use punctuation properly.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Angry_Celi_Guy
ok first, go to school and learn how to use punctuation properly.
how would learning grammar help his problem? geez some people just post to trash some thread.

Nyweiz, call the turbonetics and let them know. so where was the boost leak that you fixed from? looks like burning oil or coolant. So you only drove it once and hit 8 psi and the next time you started blowing smoke?

but let me ask you few questions
1. Do you have a ballbearing and not using an oil restrictor?
2. How was your oil pan tapped? any restriction on the oil return line or was it tapped low?
3. do you have a water cooled turbo?
get that code checked asap
Old 05-24-2008, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Corie has the worst grammar, spelling, conjunctions, punctuations, etc. ever! My 1st grade cousin can type better than him.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Corie has the worst grammar, spelling, conjunctions, punctuations, etc. ever! My 1st grade cousin can type better than him.
Ok.. lets not crap in this thread. You wouldn't want us to crap on your thread about you possibly blowing your motor right??

Canadian - usually WHITE smoke is coolant and BLUE smoke is oil and BLACK smoke is and indicator you're running rich.

Maybe it was just residue left from your blown turbo.. keep driving it around and see if the smoke clears up.

Ace83 had some good questions.. please let us know.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

b real i love your sig lol

and yeah white smoke is usually oil its not like sky blue it usually just has a little blue hue to it.

its probably just residual oil left from when the seals went bad. it should stop after a while

and neil stfu you dont want a problem with me just drop it if you even know when to quit. why cant you see no one likes you on this site? are you blind to?
Old 05-24-2008, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He is making me famous
Old 05-24-2008, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So i blew 2 codes P0102= low maf input????
P0113 hi vif input???? what the f*ck gotta look em up.
so anyways no i don't have an oil restricor yes its ball bearing, yes its water cooled, We tapped the oil pan as directed and theres no restrictions on the oil return line. idk where to go from here help is greatly appreciated.

Do you really think i give a flying F*ck about my punctuation when i have a problem like this? Get a life dude
Old 05-24-2008, 07:39 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

plying puck.hahah

sorry it sounded funny
Old 05-25-2008, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by canadian48205
So i blew 2 codes P0102= low maf input????
P0113 hi vif input???? what the f*ck gotta look em up.
so anyways no i don't have an oil restricor yes its ball bearing, yes its water cooled, We tapped the oil pan as directed and theres no restrictions on the oil return line. idk where to go from here help is greatly appreciated.

Do you really think i give a flying F*ck about my punctuation when i have a problem like this? Get a life dude
Looks like you are having problems with your MAF sensor, its either its not working properly or you have an air leak on your intake pipe or your maf harness is not connected properly.. the reason you get blown turbo seals most likely due to high pressure oil going to the turbo, ballbearing turbo dont require too much oil pressure, I say only 15-30 psi maybe 45 max. how much reading you have on your oil pressure gauge? Did you notice any drop in your coolant level?
Old 05-25-2008, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what size intake do u have, u can also get those codes if your maf is not calibrated right. if it's 3" then it prolly thinks the air is moving too slow and your running lean. check your a/fs
Old 05-25-2008, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually blew my seals from a kink in my coolant lines so my turbo wasn't getting any coolant.... umg i think i fed up my maf by doing a boost leak check on it cuz We blew like 8psi of pressure almost straight on it...stupid move my bad!!!! but i think my boost leak was coming from my manifold! i we just took it off and resealed it. What a bich. So im gonna let the rtv sit over night and well see what happens in the morning! My intake is 2 in.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you have a turbonetics kit then you have a 3 inch intake. I never had any MAF issues with the turbonetics kit.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by canadian48205
I actually blew my seals from a kink in my coolant lines so my turbo wasn't getting any coolant.... umg i think i fed up my maf by doing a boost leak check on it cuz We blew like 8psi of pressure almost straight on it...stupid move my bad!!!! but i think my boost leak was coming from my manifold! i we just took it off and resealed it. What a bich. So im gonna let the rtv sit over night and well see what happens in the morning! My intake is 2 in.
Kink in coolant lines I dont think will blow the turbo seals, in fact some people do claim they dont run the waterlines and have no problem.. I say its a turbonetics issue plus a need for you to use an oil restrictor. If you havent had that maf code before you blew 8psi on it then you prolly messed it up.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know with GT turbos you should use a restrictor.. I'm not sure about regular ball-bearing Garretts though.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah they still recommended oil restrictors on regular ballbearings/T series, just need to get the correct size orifice to match with your setup.. Even regular non ballbearing use them, though often not necessary.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sry correction i am running a restrictor and ya the reason my seals blew was no coolant getting to the turbo!! but i fixed the maf with maf cleaner!!! the only problem i have now is A 4PSI BOOST LEAK WTF Ive done everything tightened everybolt resealed revery seal abosolutley everything anyone got any ideas
Old 05-25-2008, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

so no holes anywhere? intercooler, charge pipes and maybe in the intake manifold too? hmm you have a boost controller or what wastegate spring do you have? everyhting is running fine now except its not getting enough boost?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do a boost leak test again. If you near nothing then it must be your vac tube routings..

Quick Reply: Need major help!