Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need opinions and got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Need opinions and got some questions

What is the best turbo kit out right now hands down? Does anyone have a tubular turbo manifold? Most of the ones I'm seeing have kind of a crappy turbo manifold design, as in cast and mounting the turbo practically on the block (ie... turbonetics). Is there a twin ball bearing kit? I want something that has potential to make insane power that I can detune and make reliable since this is my daily.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:04 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

This is the topic of MUCH debate and flame. Answers to this question are opinionated. So i say, if you want a reliable, quality, and 100% bolt on kit that will ship out quickly, Dezod has got what you need.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm going to bump up some info threads.

I suggest you use the buying guide stickies at the top of the page. Everyone will reccommend different kits because everyone get's different results. It's more of a matter of opinion and who you trust your money with.

If you have more technical questions to ask, let us know. Twin ball bearing doesn't really matter much if you dont take into account turbo AR, turbo trim, housing size, charge pipe diamters, injectors, exhaust, fuel, etc. It goes on and on.

What kind of HP, what kind of boost, what motor mods will you be doing? It's not worth doing a HIGH HP turbo if you're just going to "detune" the turbo to make low hp. Buying a turbo for the HP needs you will actually be running is very important.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

well I can get the greddy kit for $2500 brand new. I dont know how well the E manage will be, I really dont like emanage that much cuz of all the issues its had over the past few years since its release. So I dont know if I should buy the Greddy kit cuz I got the hookup on it or wait and get something else.