Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Need some F/I guidance real quick

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need some F/I guidance real quick

ok guys...motor build is almost in works.....goin with pistons rods callico bearings for the bottom end......im shootin for 350 hp...im using the emanage ultimate in open loop 3 for partial throttle tuning with a blow thru maf setup...my question is.....will my 550 injectors support the whp?....also would you recommend upgrading the fuel rail?....i know ill need a new fuel pump for that.....or can i just use the stock fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator.......also the big question....should i keep the ultimate or upgrade to a hydra...not really wanting to go to a hydra as for the price....but if i absolutely have to i will....hrmm what else....please dont bash saying to search cause i have....i might not have went deep enough but my time isnt allowing me to...if you have anyother suggestions on what i need please feel free....im already boosted at 7psi so ive got the gauges and what not.....also.....does anyone know where a 4 gauge pod pillar is?...id love to get an egt gauge...i cant think of anything else
Old 02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ptuning is using a ultimate on their TA built TC so dont see why you would NEED to change that. Dont really know much about the fuel thing though.... sry and GL
Old 02-17-2009, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks....yea i forgot ptuning was using the ultimate....i might need to send them an email...hrmm....that actually helps me alot....thanks man
Old 02-17-2009, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im assuming your looking for 350whp? What kit are you running and what size turbo? Upgrading fuel pump is a saftey net and if i was going for 400+hp i would add a fuel pump and possible rail....

550's are going to be near maxing out, if not probably maxing out so yes i would upgrade Injectors.....

What gauges do you have? Im hoping boost, wideband at least...egt is good, but look into oil pressure too, i dont trust our dummy light for the cost of rebuild haha

You will be fine with the ultimate..
Old 02-17-2009, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

550 will be a lil shy for 350 hp, 750 im sure would do it.. but a fuel return setup will be an ideal thing to do, ptuning is working on one and i recommend waiting on that.. and you dont need a hydra, but it would be so much better if you have one.. ultimate is a good piggyback but without looking at the price, ultimate is no comparison to any standalone..

and yeah let me know if you find a 4 pod a pillar!
Old 02-18-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont have a kit....i pieced it together....i have the revhard cast manifold...tial wastegate.....turbo size....uh....damn cant remember off the top of my head but i wont need to upgrade turbo yet......i have wideband gauge boost and oil temp....