Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New Engine Management (long time coming....)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Ok. I have our local tester's car for the next 2-3 weeks. I did a little more street tuning on it last night. We run her to 6900 RPMS with a new top speed of 135mph. She is tuned to 11.5:1 AFR with some fairly aggressive ignition timing. I will have some more updates soon!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Ok. I have our local tester's car for the next 2-3 weeks. I did a little more street tuning on it last night. We run her to 6900 RPMS with a new top speed of 135mph. She is tuned to 11.5:1 AFR with some fairly aggressive ignition timing. I will have some more updates soon!
cliffnotes.. is this motor stock?

If so godbless the 6900 rpms.. i reved mine to 6400 and i was scarred.. but i noticed 0 problems with any bearings or in the head!

When you say aggresive timing at how many pounds and how much timing?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
cliffnotes.. is this motor stock?

If so godbless the 6900 rpms.. i reved mine to 6400 and i was scarred.. but i noticed 0 problems with any bearings or in the head!

When you say aggresive timing at how many pounds and how much timing?

Stock motor, 5 PSI right now, retune soon as the boost controller comes in that the customer ordered.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ughh i cant wait for this unit to come out!

hopefully by the time it comes out ill be on my way to a built engine
Old 07-15-2009, 12:12 AM
SL Member

man i want this unit bad... i have the AEM EMS from Dezod and it is awsome. But, there are some draw back for me... like passing inspection and the EMS doesnt like the cold. im hoping with this unit i can cure some of the problems i have been having.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

there are a lot of people waiting on this - now that dezod sees there are people with extreme interest they will work faster (hehe sorry guys but thats always true). I ran my compression test so im ready whenever they are.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Anyway, to answer some of these questions that have arisen in this thread. If, for example all you want to do is have different maps for different boost levels, that's fairly easy with this unit! Because this system uses the MAF, you can run 10 different boost levels on this one map because it's all based off relative cylinder pressure and metered air. Same theory applies to a pressure sensor equipped GReddy E-mangle for that matter. I have plenty of cars with 2 and 3 boost levels on one map with the e-manage or FIC.
so your saying the unit with the same tune will be ok to run at the stock 8lb's, 10lb's, or whatever? But if you are looking to change engine components you would have to get returned and then you can alter the boost accordingly? Or am I not following?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sooooo... basically, XB2 owners are SOL unless we want to cut the PnP connectors off the EMU and figure out how to hardwire it into our ECU. That's okay, the AEM FIC is cheap and does a great job.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
so your saying the unit with the same tune will be ok to run at the stock 8lb's, 10lb's, or whatever? But if you are looking to change engine components you would have to get returned and then you can alter the boost accordingly? Or am I not following?
You can run whatever amount of boost you'd like on this unit all on one map. However, if you run a race gas deal, you will want to run a different map due to the more aggressive tune from the better knock tolerance of say C16 or whatever you decide to run

Any change in engine components that would alter VE or air delivery of the engine (cams, intake manifold, larger turbo, pistons etc) you will want to retune.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ sounds like 10lbs of boost is what i will run then - what are your views on boost management? What do you use on your cars?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

^ sounds like 10lbs of boost is what i will run then - what are your views on boost management? What do you use on your cars?
Depends. Most of the time, the customer opts for a manual boost controller like Turbo XS. Electronic is a toss up between Blitz Spec S or GReddy Profec. Personally, I prefer Blitz over GReddy.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the AEM TruBoost gauge type boost controller...I wouldn't reccomend it...
Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I have the AEM TruBoost gauge type boost controller...I wouldn't reccomend it...
Why you say that?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's kind of a pain to set up properly, it does not have half the features of the other units, and the features it does have like scramble boost, don't work properly.

But if all you want is 2 boost setting at the push of a button, and the ability to recal your peak boost from a controller that is also your boost gauge, then it's fine.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Screen shots of the software!

Datalog

Vehicle speed change, 2 step control, shift light control and guardian settings

Fuel chart as displayed in AFR target mode
Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

in terms of an end user - what is making this a better alternative for a user instead of using the aem/eman
Old 07-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

in terms of an end user - what is making this a better alternative for a user instead of using the aem/eman
Emissions capability. It can not be compared to an e-manage. E-manage is a low-jack piggyback. The AEM EMS, on the other hand, is this unit's closest rival.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You said it had boost control. Any way of limiting boost, Via Gear or speed etc.
So in first you wont spin. Im asking this for higher powered cars lol. Something like they have on the MS3's. Id be kinda neat.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if this can adjust the speed/rpm limiters, wat speed/rpm can the stock motor/trans handle? just jumped on this thread 10 pgs already is there a price yet?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by crush02342002
whats up phail...hows it hanging
Swaying to and fro.

Anyway, to answer some of these questions that have arisen in this thread. If, for example all you want to do is have different maps for different boost levels, that's fairly easy with this unit! Because this system uses the MAF, you can run 10 different boost levels on this one map because it's all based off relative cylinder pressure and metered air. Same theory applies to a pressure sensor equipped GReddy E-mangle for that matter. I have plenty of cars with 2 and 3 boost levels on one map with the e-manage or FIC.

The only time that gets a little tricky is when you have a map for pump gas and a map for race gas. Because the ignition tables and fuel tables may be so much more different, that can be the only time I see the need to run another map all together.
anyone else notice lol lmao

Quick Reply: New Engine Management (long time coming....)