Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New Engine Management (long time coming....)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Mr. Meaty asked but i think they missed the question so i will ask again.

So Dezod this will only be able to be tuned by you?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1

it looks like the software is going to be released with the unit so i would think anyone can tune it...
Old 06-10-2009, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

btw brock hows the quest for boost comeing?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

well chris(it is chris right im terrible with names) again its not gonna happen. I want kids and with that i need to be debt free also i am transferring to key west were my car wont get used much and i am trying to get a place within bicycle distance to work to get back into shape plus save more money. I also want to get into auto-x and i dont need alot of hp for that right away. i need to improve my own skills and prolly save for coilovers. But we will see when i get to key west how things play out.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002

it looks like the software is going to be released with the unit so i would think anyone can tune it...
Just because the software is available, does not mean anyone will have the skills to tune it. If it has taken Dezod this long just to get a car running on it, what is going to make a local tune shop put in the time and effort to learn a whole new system to tune a unit that only works on scions?

For example, F/IC, Greddy, EMS, they are units local tuners are familiar with, so it's just a matter of tayloring them for whatever car they are tuning at the time.
This is an entirely new device on a platform that is already lacking in tune support.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Originally Posted by crush02342002

Just because the software is available, does not mean anyone will have the skills to tune it. If it has taken Dezod this long just to get a car running on it, what is going to make a local tune shop put in the time and effort to learn a whole new system to tune a unit that only works on scions?

For example, F/IC, Greddy, EMS, they are units local tuners are familiar with, so it's just a matter of tayloring them for whatever car they are tuning at the time.
This is an entirely new device on a platform that is already lacking in tune support.
this is true, Phil the wise....

im still curious who the maker is....if its aem (which i doubt) their will be some good support with it...but if its some other thats not big on customer support then im deff out...if i cant tune it myself then i dont want it period
Old 06-10-2009, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Guys we need to wait till dezod gives out more details. They are still holding back all the details on purpose so they can keep working on the product. respect that and lets wait to see what they have to say. They were working on this for a year now and its down to the last final months ...there will be details to follow - when i dont know - but they will come.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2^^^ in for updates!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching , need a stand alone soon just in time for a fresh start
Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Paul any updates on this ?

is it worth getting AEM EMS now...?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate how these big companies come on here and say they are working on something, yet dont give any details and just let people wait. I would rather not know till its out. Dezod what is going on with the Alpha kit ? is this going to take for ever to come out like that ?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
i hate how these big companies come on here and say they are working on something, yet dont give any details and just let people wait. I would rather not know till its out. Dezod what is going on with the Alpha kit ? is this going to take for ever to come out like that ?
are you kidding? they have a real project which has had a year worth of R&D - and they gave a bunch on information - and are now concluding on things. And your saying you read this forum, which gave you a behind the scenes knowledge of the product ...and your saying because you read that ....you are unhappy? um. yea.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so any new updates on this?
Old 06-16-2009, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Our beta tester has been sick with the advanced aids sars siflus bird/swine/monkee/**** flu...... He's been sick and can't make it to the dyno with us to get some info. So, we will be going to get the car dyno'd on thursday. I will update you all on how the car felt, responded and the power level made on the unit. The tune is fairly conservative and it's on 5 psi. We are looking to so some research only to verify unit operational parameters. We are not looking to go to the moon and back. Stay tuned.

Yev,

If this works out it may not totally eliminate the need for the AEM for hardcore serious racing but it is a hell of a unit for those that want to make a fast street car and still pass inspection like factory. So time will tell I will keep all of you updated as I receive news.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alpha kit is in the works. We like to measure twice, cut once ;) R+D is something this industry lacks and we are trying to do our best to provide the best product that we can. Sit tight little buddy.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
Yev,

If this works out it may not totally eliminate the need for the AEM for hardcore serious racing but it is a hell of a unit for those that want to make a fast street car and still pass inspection like factory. So time will tell I will keep all of you updated as I receive news.

Hi Don.

Do you have an ETA on the wait ? like few weeks or few month ?

i guess what i'm debating about is...

If i get AEM EMS now and deploy in september when i come back next year will i be found in a cituation where my AEM EMS is already old news and there are better units on the market.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Originally Posted by DezodDon
Yev,

Hi Don.

Do you have an ETA on the wait ? like few weeks or few month ?

i guess what i'm debating about is...

If i get AEM EMS now and deploy in september when i come back next year will i be found in a cituation where my AEM EMS is already old news and there are better units on the market.
I would almost never worry about an AEM being old news unless AEM comes out with their controlling DBW units like they did for the Subaru STi. If that's the case, it's PnP for the Scion, and we stop doing harnesses and such.....THEN it will be OLD News. Otherwise, the AEM for custom turbo kits with 1200cc injectors and cars making 500+whp, the AEM EMS is still an EXCELLENT option.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
are you kidding? they have a real project which has had a year worth of R&D - and they gave a bunch on information - and are now concluding on things. And your saying you read this forum, which gave you a behind the scenes knowledge of the product ...and your saying because you read that ....you are unhappy? um. yea.
I think what he is saying is he would rather have them work on it for a year and then post a thread saying "Look what we have coming out next week!" instead of posting up a "we are working on this coming out soon" and then no releasing it for a year.

And for a couple previouse posts...remember, this is NOT a standalone. It is a close to a standalone you can get without having to reprogram the entire ECU, but I wouldnt' exactly consider it a piggyback either.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Originally Posted by jwaggz82
I think what he is saying is he would rather have them work on it for a year and then post a thread saying "Look what we have coming out next week!" instead of posting up a "we are working on this coming out soon" and then no releasing it for a year.

And for a couple previouse posts...remember, this is NOT a standalone. It is a close to a standalone you can get without having to reprogram the entire ECU, but I wouldnt' exactly consider it a piggyback either.
It's an inline ECU
Old 06-17-2009, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Still sounds awesome

Quick Reply: New Engine Management (long time coming....)