Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New Engine Management (long time coming....)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait u guys made 215whp on 5 lbs? is it me or does that seem a tad low? obviously it wasnt fully tuned and this is a new unit but still
Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^depends because they had the torque levels to match and they prob didnt make it an overly aggressive tune. ALSO, peak power doesnt mean anything which is why i wanted to see their dyno sheets compared to the eman (someone elses eman with a similar setup).
Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason we put the car on the dyno was not to show the kind of power it can make on 5 psi because lets face it, who cares what 5psi makes.

The idea was to verify that the unit operates as designed.

It does operate as designed and we are happy with the functionality of the hardware and the software.

There is nothing like this available for the Scion TC. When it comes out you can all throw your piggybacks in the garbage. This has the ability to fully tune the car using the MAF sensor and never pop a check engine light.

A code will only set if you have the tune drastically off, and even a monkey could tune this unit.

The tune that was on the unit was for test purposes only to verify operation. That is all.

All hail to the Chief baby!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lol...don

anyway to get some screen shots Don?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still no official price????

i want this unit badly ahhaha
Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

any idea when this unit will be out? just removed my engine to get it built and am considering this

great job guys
Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching still! Can't wait to see the 10psi dyno! I think I will get this unit before I boost to play around with it and see if I can squeeze more power out.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
There is nothing like this available for the Scion TC. When it comes out you can all throw your piggybacks in the garbage. This has the ability to fully tune the car using the MAF sensor and never pop a check engine light.

A code will only set if you have the tune drastically off, and even a monkey could tune this unit.

The tune that was on the unit was for test purposes only to verify operation. That is all.
Don... I have to ask. are you implying that this unit would render a wideband AFR gauge to a 'backup' position... ie it wouldn't be particularly necessary?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shaka_Z

Don... I have to ask. are you implying that this unit would render a wideband AFR gauge to a 'backup' position... ie it wouldn't be particularly necessary?
I will answer in his absence. A wideband O2 is a necessity in all high performance tuning applications. No exceptions.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks paul... I think you misunderstood.

don's statement had brought the possibility of a nearly oem level of capability to my mind - there are a number of oem turbo cars that have no wideband gauge - although they certainly would have the sensor from the factory.

I was referring specifically to the lack of a need for the visual gauge, and presumed the presence of the sensor.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

thanks paul... I think you misunderstood.

don's statement had brought the possibility of a nearly oem level of capability to my mind - there are a number of oem turbo cars that have no wideband gauge - although they certainly would have the sensor from the factory.

I was referring specifically to the lack of a need for the visual gauge, and presumed the presence of the sensor.

As far as a display gauge, I would still recommend it for verification purposes. This can help you spot trouble spots in your tune, boost leaks etc.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there go my hopes of total stealth lol
Old 07-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

there go my hopes of total stealth lol
Glove compartment or custom ceneter counsel mount is your friend.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the reason why i want a hydra is because.........it works on more then one car........i thought the AEM was specific to the 2azfe.......i didnt think aem used pnp harness'.......please clarify.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The AEM unit itself will work across multiple cars as well, all you have to do is get a harness for it and then configure it for the vehicle. What Dezod did for the AEM on the tC is take the Universal EMS from AEM, create a harness, and do all the initial configuration for you. The same as what the Hydra EMS does.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ok........so the new aem is universal........ish.....will i have to send it in to aem when i get another car?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm missing something here. How does this tune closed loop afr using only the MAFS? Don't you have to alter the upstream O2 sensor signal to get a sustainable closed loop tune that the ECU won't override to get back to stoich? What about ign timing?

Any plans to offer this for the XB2?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
I'm missing something here. How does this tune closed loop afr using only the MAFS? Don't you have to alter the upstream O2 sensor signal to get a sustainable closed loop tune that the ECU won't override to get back to stoich? What about ign timing?

Any plans to offer this for the XB2?

this product is aim specifically so ur ecu doesnt relearn the tune....u teach your ecu your basically tunning your factory ecu, this product is really just so u can get access the the ecu since ours is encrypted
Old 07-08-2009, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cburglb34
this product is aim specifically so ur ecu doesnt relearn the tune....u teach your ecu your basically tunning your factory ecu, this product is really just so u can get access the the ecu since ours is encrypted
If it can somehow change the ECU's target closed-loop AFR and then tune open loop with the MAFS, it sounds great!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Originally Posted by cburglb34
If it can somehow change the ECU's target closed-loop AFR and then tune open loop with the MAFS, it sounds great!
In a nut shell, it uses our preprogrammed map in substitution for the stock one, and when it goes into open loop, it references off ours as well. Quite simple concept, but complex to pull off.

Quick Reply: New Engine Management (long time coming....)