Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New Exhaust Coming! Video pg 3...pics will be added later.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Larger diameter pipes like 3" slow down exhaust gas velocity (ASSUMING SAME POWER LEVEL 300HP AND ONLY CHANGE IS EXHAUST FROM 2.5" TO 3"). You do not want that to happen. When it slows down to speeds up too much then you get turbulance and that creates problems too.

Furthermore, 3" is a son of a pup because you can only bend it on certain radi (plural of radius). That makes for tons of possibility of cut and weld scenarios.

Lastly and more importantly, what is the exhaust side A/R of your turbo AND your current power level? THOSE answers right there will make a difference.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

We are going to the 2.5" because the down pipe on our kit is 2.5" so going with a 3" would have no more power gains then a 2.5" So we are making the 2.5" so not only turbo cars but the N/A can also use our S-Pipe and Mid Pipe. This kit will fit with any brand axle back on the market. This exhaust will come jet hot coated in silver or balck and be ready to bolt on. I will post pricing as soon as we are done...
Old 06-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Parts_Pimp
We are going to the 2.5" because the down pipe on our kit is 2.5" so going with a 3" would have no more power gains then a 2.5" So we are making the 2.5" so not only turbo cars but the N/A can also use our S-Pipe and Mid Pipe. This kit will fit with any brand axle back on the market. This exhaust will come jet hot coated in silver or balck and be ready to bolt on. I will post pricing as soon as we are done...
Interesting approach to the market. What material is the exhaust made from that it is being JH'd? I assume mild steel or aluminized steel.

Edit: Your still necking down to a 60mm axle back though.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BigPinoyTC, I applogize for making such a fuss over this, if you are going for that much power then it makes sense to have a that big an exhaust, I did not realize what you where doing.

I fully understand wanting a ton of power as well but I do have to ask if have ever driving a FWD with anywhere near that power level? The reason I ask is because I do not know if you have or not but I do know it becomes pretty much useless for most any situation except all out drag racing on proper slicks with the chassis tuned for it. One other use is when up to speed on the freeway you can have some pretty incredible top end fun but you will need to change the final drive ration and eliminate the speed govenor as well to enjoy it;)

To everyone else, I applogize for coming across like an **** because that is not how I normally do things, very seldom in fact.

I do however wish to try eductate some of those that are mislead be generic statements that one size fits all so that they do not waste thier time and money on something that will not benifit them.

If somebody still just wants that big exhaust but it has no techincal merit then sure, go for it, just do not be decieved into thinking it will make any improvement in performance and in fact most likely will hurt it instead in several aspects. One of which not even mentioned is tuning, let alone power loss and more weight to carry around.

Sincerely,
Rick
Old 06-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Yes it is made from mild steel. I want to try and keep the cost down for all the scion owners who are on a budget. Thats why I sell it with the jet hot coating. I can make it in stainless if customer needs. The HKS axle back is a 2.5 pipe. I think the kit should work pretty good and help with some power on the turbo kit...
Old 06-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Yes it is made from mild steel. I want to try and keep the cost down for all the scion owners who are on a budget. Thats why I sell it with the jet hot coating. I can make it in stainless if customer needs. The HKS axle back is a 2.5 pipe. I think the kit should work pretty good and help with some power on the turbo kit...
I figured. HKS is a 60mm OD piping, unless it's custom.

http://hksusa.com/products/?id=715

60mm = 2.362205 inches.

Not trying to be snotty or anything. Just giving ya a heads up.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

You are right it is a 60mm. The problem I have is that the universal mufflers are to long to fit on the TC. The Hks axle back is a shorter muffler. So when I find a muffler that will work I am going to make the whole kit.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

You are right it is a 60mm. The problem I have is that the universal mufflers are to long to fit on the TC. The Hks axle back is a shorter muffler. So when I find a muffler that will work I am going to make the whole kit.
HKS Mufflers are waaaay over priced anyway.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Vibrant makes a small muffler that would probably fit.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
We distribute for Vibrant. They have tons of nice knock off mufflers for cheap in comparison.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raamaudio
BigPinoyTC, I applogize for making such a fuss over this, if you are going for that much power then it makes sense to have a that big an exhaust, I did not realize what you where doing.

I fully understand wanting a ton of power as well but I do have to ask if have ever driving a FWD with anywhere near that power level? The reason I ask is because I do not know if you have or not but I do know it becomes pretty much useless for most any situation except all out drag racing on proper slicks with the chassis tuned for it. One other use is when up to speed on the freeway you can have some pretty incredible top end fun but you will need to change the final drive ration and eliminate the speed govenor as well to enjoy it;)

To everyone else, I applogize for coming across like an **** because that is not how I normally do things, very seldom in fact.

I do however wish to try eductate some of those that are mislead be generic statements that one size fits all so that they do not waste thier time and money on something that will not benifit them.

If somebody still just wants that big exhaust but it has no techincal merit then sure, go for it, just do not be decieved into thinking it will make any improvement in performance and in fact most likely will hurt it instead in several aspects. One of which not even mentioned is tuning, let alone power loss and more weight to carry around.

Sincerely,
Rick
Dont worry about it. I know what you were trying to say. Thanks for the lesson in aftermarket performance though.

I have not driven a FWD car near that HP. The most i have driven was almost 400hp, it was a friends Civic. I know there are a lot of things i would have to do to get that car to 500hp or more and that i would probably not be able to use it as a daily driver but when i get to that point its either going to be a drag car or just for show.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
We distribute for Vibrant. They have tons of nice knock off mufflers for cheap in comparison.
That would work great. I will have to order one of those and test fit it..
Old 06-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
That would work great. I will have to order one of those and test fit it..
Lemme know if you need one.......

http://vibrantperformance.com/distri...retail_usa.php

LOOK UNDER FL.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know someone on philly DSM that is selling that exact muffler for $150...idk if thats cheap or not. but its new and 3"
Old 06-17-2006, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heres a video clip....i hope it works. It has more of a deeper tone in person.

http://media.putfile.com/Exhaust-Clip-31
Old 06-17-2006, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope it is deeper than that. Was that on a turbo car or n/a?
Old 06-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

We can also add a high flow cat and that would give it a deep tone...
Old 06-17-2006, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think it would sound better in person.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know, it almost sounds like i have headers w/o a resonator. My car is turbo. I had the EVO2 on before this and this exhaust sounds that much better.

Trust me its sounds a lot better in person. I'll try to post some drive by videos to see if they come out better. I'll also post pics of the exhaust later.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigPinoyTC
My car is turbo.
Car is boosted??? Didnt sound like it to me. Post up those fly bys! I wanna hear this baby floatin!

Quick Reply: New Exhaust Coming! Video pg 3...pics will be added later.