Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member

Default New to the forum

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum. I don't even own a tC but I always thought they were good looking cars, and I love the trd accessories available from the factory. A quick question though. Whats the most boost you can run on the trd s/c? Is it roots style? I've always wondered.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the boards. The safest I've seen without making any other modification is 9psi. With an intercooler an some cooling upgrades you can run up to 12psi. The design is limited so you'd never be able to run over 14.5 psi, and that's only if the pulley is the same size as the shaft that's driving it. It's a centrifigal blower.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey dude, welcome to the boards. The TRD blower is a centrifigal blower so it looks pretty much like a turbo kit.

The pulley that TRD provides with the kit runs the blower at 7psi at a pretty rich level of tune. 9.5psi is really safe and is what most people are running using an NST pulley.

A few people have also been running higher boost levels and have been doing some interesting stuff with the kit lately. Look for KYTC's thread, its super long and has a lot of good info. The smallest pulley you could build for the blower shaft is would provide about 14.5psi but theoretically you could also raise boost by using a larger crank pulley (which no one has tried just yet, but should only be a matter of time.)
Old 08-23-2006, 05:32 AM
5 Year Member

I know on the rsx boards that some of the guys are running different crank pulley's with the jackson racing supercharger to make much higher levels of boost. If you combine the 11psi pulley with the k24 crank pulley you'll see over 14psi. Probably not a good idea on stock internals. Someone should try a different crank pulley to see how much the motor can handle!