Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

new intake manifold from golden eagle comming soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I know it would be great if i could do that for everyone on here but its not worth my time or money...sorry. Changing the IM would be a PITA with the motor in the car and I plan on changing it while my motor is still out of the car. Plus the extra cost of dyno time and tuning time.

Atleast I'll be ablt to compare my dyno to similar setups, which I know wont tell much since all dynos are different but at least we will know if its a complete waste. I dont see how it could be though. With a set of cams it should do more then nothing
Old 02-18-2009, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
I know it would be great if i could do that for everyone on here but its not worth my time or money...sorry. Changing the IM would be a PITA with the motor in the car and I plan on changing it while my motor is still out of the car. Plus the extra cost of dyno time and tuning time.

Atleast I'll be ablt to compare my dyno to similar setups, which I know wont tell much since all dynos are different but at least we will know if its a complete waste. I dont see how it could be though. With a set of cams it should do more then nothing
Golden Eagle or maybe a speed shop should cover the costs to dyno. After all, they do want to provide accurate gains and not report Civic-with-a-similar-setup gains.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

descendant is now sole distributor for this manifold I'm sure they will post dyno results asap but i have said it before i will say it again these are proven manifolds we have been making for years now and they make great power they will make power on a scion as well
Old 02-19-2009, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Goldeneagle
descendant is now sole distributor for this manifold I'm sure they will post dyno results asap but i have said it before i will say it again these are proven manifolds we have been making for years now and they make great power they will make power on a scion as well

I believe it. When I was at sema and talking to Rado he was showing me his TA car with a custom intake manifold which was very close to this design. He hadnt switch to the GE/Densendant one yet but he made over 700whp on that manifold and with how close the design was I'm a firm believer that this will make power.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Plus from a company like GE which has a great rep in the honda world. I dont think they would just throw this out to us if it was a pointless design that wouldnt be an improvement over stock.