Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..

Whats up all..so I know I'm a newb to the Scion world but certainly not to turbos and turbocharged coupes.. (I own one now and owned one 3 years ago). As I'm sure you already read in the other thread Turbonetics is releasing their Scion TC kit very shortly..

I have some more info coming to me from Turbonetics tomorrow on the exact components, dyno charts, pictures, and video but suffice to say that after driving their turbo Tc that thing was an animal...and thats coming from someone who owns a turbo 350Z with 380 RWHP. The car is simply put amazing to drive. It just keeps pulling and pulling. Quite frankly one of the fastest 4cyl cars I have ever driven... I can say as a Turbonetics kit owner on my Z this kit will be nothing short of amazing. The Unichip system included with the kit has been used with AMAZING success in the 350Z world and has tuned cars running in excess of 550 RWHP one of them even to 630 RWHP. (Built motor of course). Again I will have exact details on injectors size, turbo trim, boost level, power output, (with dyno charts) videos, and pics of the kit for you all. Oh and best of all Turbonetics is looking to make this CARB exempt. Yes thats right, smog legal and 240+ hp. I will keep you guys up to date on anything I hear and post all the info I get tomorrow. In the meantime if you are interested you can check out my Turbonetics powered 350z here http://members.***.net/turbonetics350z to see what kind of work Turbonetics does. All the intake piping on the Scion kit will also be the same Turbonetics signature black chrome like my Z kit with a highly polished turbo, BOV, and wastegate too. If you have any questions about the kit now or in the future PM me and I can get you exact details and answers on just about anything. See you guys again tomorrow morning...
Old 12-30-2005, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

how about a price range ¿
Old 12-30-2005, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry I forgot to mention that I was actually at a recent event (Streets of Willow) with Turbonetics Scion Tc.... with that kit and a good suspension the laptimes it was making made about 3 350Z and G35 owners blush..... I have a lot of respect for your cars after that day...
Old 12-30-2005, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member

Default turbonetics

Hey whats up, I'm new to scionlife and I recently bought a tc so I am very interested in what u have to say. I don't really know much about cars but I would really like to learn. Anyway here is my question-will they make a turbo kit for the automatic tc or is it only for manual?[/b]
Old 12-30-2005, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I spoke with a local Turbonetics vendor here who mainly does Nissan parts but has moved into the Scion arena as of late and sold a few of these kit (pre-order of course). His price as of right now is $4300+shipping (typically about $100 but maybe less) They are not listed on his webpage now but you can reach him at 1-866-55-MOSSY Ask for Greg Vogel or Idalia
Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: turbonetics

Originally Posted by tribaltat
Hey whats up, I'm new to scionlife and I recently bought a tc so I am very interested in what u have to say. I don't really know much about cars but I would really like to learn. Anyway here is my question-will they make a turbo kit for the automatic tc or is it only for manual?[/b]
as of right now I belive it is only for the MT cars but they will of course make whatever changes are necessary to make the AT kit compatible. I will get exact details on the time frame for that tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I should also add one thing..something that really stands out about Turbonetics. All of their kits come with a 12 month 12k mile warranty on EVERY item in the kit. No fault no hassle. If you suck a rag into the turbo during install and ruin it they replace it free of charge. I'm attaching pics of a Turbonetics customer who install their kit on his G35 and a couple days later totalled his car when someone pulled out in front of him. All of the intake piping, the intercooler, and intercooler fans (unique to the G35 kit due to no front bumper air flow) were damaged beyond repair. True to their word Turbonetics replaced EVERY damaged part at no cost to him even though HE wrecked the car. Recenty another customer messed up the turbo seal on his turbo by incorrectly attaching the turbo drain hose...Turbonetics Priority shipped a new turbo to him free of charge..thats the kind of support you get from a company like this. Heres the pics of the damaged stuff Turbonetics replaced.
http://members.***.net/ivansturboneticsz/DSC00165
http://members.***.net/ivansturboneticsz/DSC00166
http://members.***.net/ivansturboneticsz/DSC00167
http://members.***.net/ivansturboneticsz/DSC00168
Old 12-30-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Wow! That is pretty amazing!^
Old 12-30-2005, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice man.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad you all like and agree. I think when you see the pics and dyno charts and even more so the videos of this kit in action you'll be REAL happy. As soon as I get the info tomorrow I'll get it up on my web server and link it all...
Old 12-30-2005, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought I'd also give you a little more info on the Unichip. First its a plug and play unit. That means theres no hunting down wires in the ECU harness or cutting, splicing, are tapping. The Unichip comes with two connectors. One plugs into the ECU and the other into the Engine harness. Factory connectors for a truely plug and play fit. There is a base map loaded but the EMS is tuneable. It has references boost unlike some other piggybacks so its not just altering MAF signal to apply fuel on a curve you have to create. You tell it how much fuel and timing to add when it senses XX amount of boost or vcauum and it does it but still remains the MAF for off boost driveability. With functions like this it is truely a VERY capable unit.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Can't wait to see some pics of it!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's always great to see another "Turbo" on the market... now if we all had the money to invest in them @ this time!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, i better start saving for a kit right now... Can't wait to see the dynos and videos
Old 12-30-2005, 09:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I thought I'd also give you a little more info on the Unichip. First its a plug and play unit. That means theres no hunting down wires in the ECU harness or cutting, splicing, are tapping. The Unichip comes with two connectors. One plugs into the ECU and the other into the Engine harness. Factory connectors for a truely plug and play fit. There is a base map loaded but the EMS is tuneable. It has references boost unlike some other piggybacks so its not just altering MAF signal to apply fuel on a curve you have to create. You tell it how much fuel and timing to add when it senses XX amount of boost or vcauum and it does it but still remains the MAF for off boost driveability. With functions like this it is truely a VERY capable unit.
unichip doesnt really have much of info on the tC kit but i would like to find out more.

i saw them at sema, but all they had was a bunch of brochures and products that i cant touch!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member

There was a Dyno shoot yesterday here in So-cal. It was Superchargered tC vs. a turbocharged tC. If you guys are interested I will post results and hopefully dyno chats a little later today.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I should also add one thing..something that really stands out about Turbonetics. All of their kits come with a 12 month 12k mile warranty on EVERY item in the kit. No fault no hassle. If you suck a rag into the turbo during install and ruin it they replace it free of charge. I'm attaching pics of a Turbonetics customer who install their kit on his G35 and a couple days later totalled his car when someone pulled out in front of him. All of the intake piping, the intercooler, and intercooler fans (unique to the G35 kit due to no front bumper air flow) were damaged beyond repair. True to their word Turbonetics replaced EVERY damaged part at no cost to him even though HE wrecked the car. Recenty another customer messed up the turbo seal on his turbo by incorrectly attaching the turbo drain hose...Turbonetics Priority shipped a new turbo to him free of charge..thats the kind of support you get from a company like this. Heres the pics of the damaged stuff Turbonetics replaced.
http://members.***.net/ivansturboneticsz/DSC00165
http://members.***.net/ivansturboneticsz/DSC00166
http://members.***.net/ivansturboneticsz/DSC00167
http://members.***.net/ivansturboneticsz/DSC00168
Thats insane, now only if they could warranty the warranty we void when we install these...that would be awesome! I can't wait to see some pics of this kit
Old 12-30-2005, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm interesting
Old 12-30-2005, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

MIAPLAYA where did u test drive the turbo tc by turbonetics. do u live in miami fl?

Quick Reply: New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..