Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:41 PM

The kit comes in two different configurations - One with the cat and one without. They both have the correct downpipes needed to bolt the kit on.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Yah I know. But turbonetics has 2 different part numbers denoting the kits. I was just wondering if the winner will have a choice. Or is turbonetics just raffling the one w/o the cat?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Winner will have a choice its just different pipes
Old 03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nissansource
Winner will have a choice its just different pipes
Bingo...
Old 03-16-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so will it pass cali smog test? is it legal? cuz i want it, because im going to win it on saturday if you do all no know that already..but is it carb legal? or at least have a sticker?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
so will it pass cali smog test? is it legal? cuz i want it, because im going to win it on saturday if you do all no know that already..but is it carb legal? or at least have a sticker?
NOt yet its being tested.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn
Old 03-20-2006, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG just got home. That case of NOS energy drink came in handy!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THAT WAS YOU....

CONGRATS MAN, YOU ARE A DIE HARD FAN.

unfortunately you couldnt win anything of more value
Old 03-20-2006, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THAT WAS YOU....

CONGRATS MAN, YOU ARE A DIE HARD FAN.

unfortunately you couldnt win anything of more value
lol yea. Now time to get the money together for the kit!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbot2
The kit comes in two different configurations - One with the cat and one without. They both have the correct downpipes needed to bolt the kit on.
I have a question, once I get 300hp@8 psi turbo for my tC, do I have to change my piston rings, pistons, etc into a turbo stage? can the stock engine handle the 300hp turbo?
Old 03-20-2006, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well...
IIRC, the 300hp rating of the turbonetics kit is more like 240-250whp and with "only" 240-250whp and the fairly consevative tune you shouldn't need to touch any of the internals.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned
SL Member

Hello All,

Great time this saturday, beautiful day and a lot of fun. Thanks everyone for coming. It was def nice to meet some of the guys I talk to frequently

jesse@turbo-kits.com
http://www.turbo-kits.com
860-676-2929

Old 03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Jessie just wanted to let you know I got the Turbo in and it is awesome, I did on the other hand run into a few road blocks while intstalling it but after 19hrs of messing around I did get it figured out..... The power in 2nd gear is friggne awesome spin the wheels doing 40mph... so much fun... he he
Old 03-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Banned
SL Member

Awesome... Glad you got everything in time for your show!

Def send me some pics do I can add you to our "Customer Ride" section on our site.

I sent you a PM. I would like to hear the problems. I have heard nothing but good things and easy installs about this kit...

Let me know if you ever need anything else

jesse@turbo-kits.com
http://www.turbo-kits.com
860-676-2929

Originally Posted by ckrivenki
Hey Jessie just wanted to let you know I got the Turbo in and it is awesome, I did on the other hand run into a few road blocks while intstalling it but after 19hrs of messing around I did get it figured out..... The power in 2nd gear is friggne awesome spin the wheels doing 40mph... so much fun... he he
Old 03-21-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WFOTC
well...
IIRC, the 300hp rating of the turbonetics kit is more like 240-250whp and with "only" 240-250whp and the fairly consevative tune you shouldn't need to touch any of the internals.
oh ok, just wondering cuz I just saw an engine stage 1 in ZPI.com that has 8:5:1 which I heard from my friend said it is the best for turbo system. The engine stage 1 has turbo piston and other stuff that is for turbo which I'm not sure exactly but it might be more better. Here the website that link to it:

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...b1879c047fd802

I don't know much about turbo cuz when I get turbo from Turbonetics and it will be my first time having turbo in my car. I never have turbo and I don't know how powerful it is. I just wanted to be sure that my tC stock engine can handle this turbo. Thanks tho.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ElDiablo17
well...
oh ok, just wondering cuz I just saw an engine stage 1 in ZPI.com that has 8:5:1 which I heard from my friend said it is the best for turbo system. The engine stage 1 has turbo piston and other stuff that is for turbo which I'm not sure exactly but it might be more better. Here the website that link to it:

I don't know much about turbo cuz when I get turbo from Turbonetics and it will be my first time having turbo in my car. I never have turbo and I don't know how powerful it is. I just wanted to be sure that my tC stock engine can handle this turbo. Thanks tho.

Your car is fine there are plenty of people who have been runnin that kit and as long as you stay with the factory set up you are in great hands. I have been runnin the kit since the first set of orders went out. the car is runnin awsome and trust me you wont be disapointed.... o yea and when you get the kit because i know you will take fist gear easy lol it took me by suprise how easy it was to spin my tires the first time.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheRobtc05
Originally Posted by ElDiablo17
well...

Your car is fine there are plenty of people who have been runnin that kit and as long as you stay with the factory set up you are in great hands. I have been runnin the kit since the first set of orders went out. the car is runnin awsome and trust me you wont be disapointed.... o yea and when you get the kit because i know you will take fist gear easy lol it took me by suprise how easy it was to spin my tires the first time.
OH MAN! THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! CANT WAIT TIL THE SUMMER TO GET ONE! THANKS!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly correct. Unless you want to push the envelope theres no need to build the motor. The stock motor has proven itself to run fine with the out of box Turbonetics kit time and again.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a question; I heard some people with the kits have snapped axles; is this something to worry about with the kit. maybe looking into axles or some more drivetrain parts in order to handle the power or is it safe stock?

Quick Reply: New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..