Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG I just downloaded the trifold PDF file from thier site:

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/downlo...ION-Trifld.pdf

The thing that got me excited was the "Flux Power Display" for Pocket PC's...

Dynamic power display software for Pocket PCs
Displays vital engine data, 0-60 times, horsepower and torque levels
Upload new engine performance maps from Unichip web site
Uses Bluetooth™ wireless technology
Neat! Now I will have a use for my Pocket PC!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

To answer some of the questions...
My relationship with Turbonetics is that of both being sponsored but also working with them to help take care of forum feedback, getting information out, etc. Whatever info I post is not third hand or passed down through a chain. I get my info directly from the kit designer, engineers, etc at Turbonetics. No offense taken and hopefully I did not offend anyone. That certainly was not my intention with te above info. Just clearing the air. As for the kit, Turbonetics is submitting it to CARB for approval. If and when it passes this will be their first CARB approved kit. The new version of the Unichip does in fact support those features listed above in regards to USB and bluetooth access to the Unichip. It will display real time tuning info via that link.
I agree that we should try to keep this thread as focused as possible to prevent a he said/she said mine is better then yours argument. Of course some posts will need to include info about other kits for comparisons sake. As for the motor, Turbonetics does not require a built motor for this kit. It was designed to be perfectly safe with the stock motor at these power levels and tune. There does exist the ability to make more if the desire and motor has been built to that level. When Turbonetics builds a kit that needs forged internals they will of course advertise it as such. For instance the Stage II kit for the 350Z REQUIRES forged internals as it produces 550 RWHP at 15 PSI of boost on a T66 turbo. Again its a pleasure to be here and share what info I do have. I should have ALL the goods on this kit tomorrow morning and will get it posted as soon as I do. Thank you all again for taking the time to check out this thread. As always any questions/concerns you have please feel free to post them or PM me and I can do my best to get the answers you need.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member

I will definitely get this when it becomes CARB certified.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Erni3
This kit is sounding better every word i hear. ZPI, Dezod, and Turbonetics all sound like very well thought out kits
BUT... please do not turn this into a ZPI vs. Turbonetics thread ZPI has given their information and numbers and it will benifit all of us to hear Turbonetics' response without senseless bashing or idiotic comments.
And a 12 month warranty sounds great.
One question to MIAPLAYER what relationship do you have to the Turbonetics company, are you sponsored, or a member of the company?
Greatings,

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Reggie Wynn and I'm the Sales Manager for Turbonetics. It's a very exciting time for us as we are about to release our tC kit. Turbonetics has been in the turbo business for over the past 28 years. With that said Turbonetics hasnt made a name for itself by bashing other companies. So you will not see me hear doing so on the forums here. On a side note a little about myself. I really enjoy my job. Not too many people get a chance to make a living working in the industry that is their hobby. Yes, I'm a enthusiast just like you!

Ok back to tC talk, I have had the luxury of driving a n/a tC on a daliy basis while my car was down. Then once we put the finishing touches on our kit our whole sales crew got a chance to take the boosted tC out for a spin. All I can say is that I was very impressed with the power that the tC put out. We even got a few worthy kills in the process.

There is a really good write-up on our kit in D-Sport magazine. Which is on newstands now. I dont have the issue in front of me at the moment. But its the issue that a red g35 on the cover.

Lastly Turbonetics is in the works of having a Scion Day on March 18th. This day will include shop tours, food, seminars, models, give-aways and a FREE complete turbo kit for the tC to one lucky guest. Please stay tuned for more details.

Reggie Wynn
Turbonetics Inc.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member

i likey... *waits*
Old 01-02-2006, 11:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blk180sx
Lastly Turbonetics is in the works of having a Scion Day on March 18th. This day will include shop tours, food, seminars, models, give-aways and a FREE complete turbo kit for the tC to one lucky guest. Please stay tuned for more details.

Reggie Wynn
Turbonetics Inc.

how exciting. of course i will be there just to hold the TRD SC flag.

can i visit the shop and look at the car ? saw your kit at sema, great craftmanship. i want to learn more about the unichip tho.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now this thread is getting some where.

miaplaya: it would have helped to mention the fact you were recieving first hand information, if i would have known that i wouldn't have questioned your statements.

Turbonetics is a great company no doubt, as far as comparing i think the closest kit that can be compared to is ZPI's "stage 1". Although its a different turbo kit, and produces more whp when bolted on without modification, both your kit and the "stage 1" share poteintal power gains. Although your kit may be able to produce more in the end, thats probably the best kit to compare.

At any rate, i'm sure the tC owners will look forward to recieving more information. Personally, i'd love to see some dyno results, pictures and possibly a video or two. I know you don't want to compare companies much, but ZPI has had great results by posting videos on here. Mainly because people want to see first hand how the car handles the kit, plus some may not know too much about turbo's and would rather view some videos vs. knowledgable post. (numbers and in dept information)

Just my opinion though, look forward to seeing what you guys deliver in up coming posts.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
At any rate, i'm sure the tC owners will look forward to recieving more information. Personally, i'd love to see some dyno results, pictures and possibly a video or two. I know you don't want to compare companies much, but ZPI has had great results by posting videos on here. Mainly because people want to see first hand how the car handles the kit, plus some may not know too much about turbo's and would rather view some videos vs. knowledgable post. (numbers and in dept information)

[quote] if i would have known that i wouldn't have questioned your statements. [/qoute]

funny how sometimes people here wants an aswer the same minute or get flamed

no pun ,generalizing the readers expectations
Old 01-02-2006, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, its not so much that. But, knowing that kind of information i would think should be posted along with facts. That way people can't and won't pre-doubt knowledge with new products.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No worries at all fellas. Reggie thanks for posting up. Reggie is a good guy and one of my buddies at Turbonetics. As for the video and pics I will have some for you later today. Just awaiting the email from my other buddy at Turbonetics. I will be going to Turbonetics this coming Friday to get some video of the Scion Tc kit on the road so you can see what we are talking about when we say this kit is unbelieveable. Also in regards to the Open House Reggie mentioned. They recenty held one for Zs/Gs up there. Let me give you some details:
ALL Scions welcome
FREE OF CHARGE TO EVERYONE
Food provided (and I mean tri-tip and chicken BBQ'd be a cater not hotdogs and burgers)
Shop tour of the whole facility including quick seminars on turbocharger design, production, R&D, compressor map reading, intercooler design, machine shop displays, the works.

Oh yeah and a free turbo kit to one lucky attendee. Of course the winner must show up driving his N/A Scion but I think thats more then worth it. As last time I'm sure there will be plenty of other giveaways etc. Again thank you guys for being so receptive to Turbonetics on these boards. This is without a doubt a STAND UP company who gives you the best product for the money bar none. I look forward to meeting you all at the Scion open house and of course getting some video and pics for you on Friday of this kit on the road tearing up the streets of Simi Valley :-)
Old 01-02-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It's too bad that I live on the East Coast.

It's already posted on the turbonetics website..

Are there any other supporting mods in this dyno run(ie. turbo back exhaust)?
Old 01-02-2006, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
It's too bad that I live on the East Coast.

It's already posted on the turbonetics website..

Yeah I hear you bro....lol...You could always gumball rally it
Old 01-02-2006, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will be coming from Bellevue WA as long as I can get my GM to give me the day off lol.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

IIRC that dyno was done with a stock exhaust and completely stock motor,
Old 01-02-2006, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member

Does the kit come with new oil pan or do you have to tap yours? when will turbonetics find out if the kit meets CARB?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

more info on this turbonetics meet plz!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionofKirkland
I will be coming from Bellevue WA as long as I can get my GM to give me the day off lol.
I'm thinking about going too. Do you plan on driving your car down? Thinking about making a vacation of this. I figure you would be driving your car down incase you win the kit, I know if I go i'll be driving! Maybe we could caravan down?
Old 01-03-2006, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not sure, but isnt the meet limited to the people that register ? well il keep watching the site and please post here.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nic6974
Does the kit come with new oil pan or do you have to tap yours? when will turbonetics find out if the kit meets CARB?
i second this^ CARB might be deciding factor for a bunch of californians- which can potentially amount to a good chunk. CA peeps are ____ed (a little) about the lack of CARB exempt/approved goodies. lol.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would I be able to keep my factory Fogs with this kit? Or does that get in the way of that IC-looking thingy (very technical term) in the front?

Quick Reply: New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..