Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK got some more info. The Dyno chart you guys have is the correct one but I will attach it again to my post. So heres the info:

Turbonetics T04E 50 trim/ Stage III (T3) ceramic ball bearing turbo with .63 A/R
Spearco front mount intercooler
Turbonetics Raptor Bypass valve re-circualted to prevent issues with stalling when closing the throttle body
Turbonetics Evolution wastegate with dump routed back into downpipe to keep the exhaust noise at a reasonable level
Turbonetics cast ductile exhaust manifold. Covered against cracks, etc for 12 months/ 12,000 miles regardless if the car is raced, rallied, you name it.
Unichip EMS custom tuned by Turbonetics with a base map to get you safe reliable power out of box with the ability to tune for more if you wish.
All intercooler piping is aluminum powder coated black chrome (mandrel bent)
All exhaust piping is SS304 polished steel(mandrel bent)
4 high flow drop in injectors
Case of Turbonetics TS-1 oil. To give you some info on the oil its what I run in my car. I recently did an oil analysis on this oil and after 3000 miles of turbo use it still had a higher TBN rating (amount of additive still active in the oil) then most other synthetic oils do brand new. I will also attach that.
12 month/ 12k mile warranty on every item in the kit. If it breaks being raced, driven to work, even if your installer sucks a rag into the turbo (its happened) Turbonetics has you covered.

Power output: 244 FWHP/262 ft/lb of Tq at the wheels at 8 PSI of boost pressure. Thise numbers are on a bone stock motor with a stock exhaust!!!

to answer some of the other questions:

Unfortunately no the foglights willl get in the way of the intercooler.
CARB is pending.
The Scion day will be March 18th at Turbonetics. There will be a link that I will post to RSVP for this. This will be the only way to be eligible for the kit.

Price wise i spoke with Mossy Performance a local vendor who has some kits already sold and is a authorized Turbonetics distributor and the price as of now is $4300 plus shipping for this kit. Pics are coming shortly. I'm uploading them now to my server. I will have tons of video footage of this kit on the road Friday afternoon. BTW you will be able to check all the pics and vids I have at http://members.***.net/turboneticstc

Heres a copy of my oil analysis. This is after 13,000 miles of my car with the Turbonetics kit installed and running Turbonetics TS-1 oil: http://members.***.net/turboneticstc/oilanalysis

Two pics of the kit for now...More to come soon:

Old 01-03-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jowie
Originally Posted by ScionofKirkland
I will be coming from Bellevue WA as long as I can get my GM to give me the day off lol.
I'm thinking about going too. Do you plan on driving your car down? Thinking about making a vacation of this. I figure you would be driving your car down incase you win the kit, I know if I go i'll be driving! Maybe we could caravan down?
Yep I will be bringing my car I have my eyes set on winning that kit lol, even if I don't it will be fun. I am going to try and tell my GM that its for market research or something. But if I can go I dont have a issue with a caravan! But I will most likely have to head right back up to make it in time for work >.<
Old 01-03-2006, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jowie
I will be coming from Bellevue WA as long as I can get my GM to give me the day off lol.
I'm thinking about going too. Do you plan on driving your car down? Thinking about making a vacation of this. I figure you would be driving your car down incase you win the kit, I know if I go i'll be driving! Maybe we could caravan down?
Yep I will be bringing my car I have my eyes set on winning that kit lol, even if I don't it will be fun. I am going to try and tell my GM that its for market research or something. But if I can go I dont have a issue with a caravan! But I will most likely have to head right back up to make it in time for work >.<
That would be awesome. Just so you know there will be more then just the kit given away too. At the Z/G open house they give away two short shifters, an Alpine head unit, an I pod adaptor for the stock deck, high flow test pipes, a carbon fiber strut bar, Defi boost gauge, car detailing kits, several Nismo products, and of course the turbo kit!! Should be no different this time!!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to give you guys an idea of the flow potential of this turbo.. The T04E 50 trim is capable of pushing enough air for 480 Hp at higher boost levels. Of course a built motor will be required for that but again there is PLENTY of head room built into this kit. The wategate, BOV, and intercooler are all sufficient for 400+ FWHP if the person is ready for it
Old 01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member

What type of gas mileage will be expected from this kit? It doesn't look like the oil pan comes with the kit either from what the picture shows, so I guess you have to drill yours.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe I missed the answer but someone mentioned that the unichip can hold 2 maps. Is this true? If this is true, is there any way to get turbonetics to make the base map @ 8 psi and make a map for 10 psi?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nic6974
What type of gas mileage will be expected from this kit? It doesn't look like the oil pan comes with the kit either from what the picture shows, so I guess you have to drill yours.
MPG should be close to what you get now as long as you keep the car out o/in low boost. My Z gets almost the exact same mileage when I drive it like a normal commuter but when I romp it of course the gas gets sucked down... As for the oil pan, no it looks like that is not included. Although I will talk to Turbonetics and verify that...

Heres twomore pics from the recent track day at Willow Springs:

http://members.***.net/turboneticstc/scionkit3
http://members.***.net/turboneticstc/scionkit4
Old 01-03-2006, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xavier
Maybe I missed the answer but someone mentioned that the unichip can hold 2 maps. Is this true? If this is true, is there any way to get turbonetics to make the base map @ 8 psi and make a map for 10 psi?
The Unichip can store more then one map however Turbonetics would only include the 8 PSI base map. The main reason for this is that during testing they found this was the safest map that still made some AMAZING power. 10 PSI was beyond what they felt was daily driver reliable due to the stock limitations of the motor. They wanted to make sure what you got was absolutely safe with all stock parts no matter what you did to the car (race, cold weather, etc) However you can still use this function if you wanted. Simply install the kit and take it to your local tuner and he can use the 8 PSI map as a starting point for a 10 PSI map which he can then store on the Uichip... Typically tuning time for something like this would be about 2 hours with a decent tuner. Not sure about where you are locally but tuners here charge about $85-100/hr for dyno tuning.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

K, thanks for the prompt response. I'm liking all the choices
Old 01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xavier
K, thanks for the prompt response. I'm liking all the choices
No worries. Glad to help out...
Old 01-03-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant wait to buy a turbo kit
Old 01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

better start saving my pennies
Old 01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im gonna start saving up for this kit when is the release date?
Old 01-03-2006, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice love the kit
Old 01-03-2006, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The kit is officially released and the first shipments will be going out sometime later this month...
Old 01-04-2006, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbonetics T04E 50 trim/ Stage III (T3) ceramic ball bearing turbo with .63 A/R
Spearco front mount intercooler
Turbonetics Raptor Bypass valve re-circualted to prevent issues with stalling when closing the throttle body
Turbonetics Evolution wastegate with dump routed back into downpipe to keep the exhaust noise at a reasonable level
Turbonetics cast ductile exhaust manifold. Covered against cracks, etc for 12 months/ 12,000 miles regardless if the car is raced, rallied, you name it.
Unichip EMS custom tuned by Turbonetics with a base map to get you safe reliable power out of box with the ability to tune for more if you wish.
All intercooler piping is aluminum powder coated black chrome (mandrel bent)
All exhaust piping is SS304 polished steel(mandrel bent)
4 high flow drop in injectors
Case of Turbonetics TS-1 oil
I noticed you just put high flow injectors. How high is high flow? 550cc-600cc?

As for the Z/G open house... I would defenetly be interested in going. Where exactly is the location? I will be in SanDiego on the 18th and if it is not to far I would be more than willing to come hang out!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did not get the exact flow rate on the injectors..
the Scion open house is in Simi Valley
Old 01-04-2006, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member

Are there any clearance issues with this kit and the upper radiator hose? It looks like the manifold and piping cut across where it would go? I'm curious because I just ordered SAMCO hoses and hope I can keep these installed with this kit. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCJack
Are there any clearance issues with this kit and the upper radiator hose? It looks like the manifold and piping cut across where it would go? I'm curious because I just ordered SAMCO hoses and hope I can keep these installed with this kit. Thanks.
No major clearance issues that I'm aware of. I am working on getting a copy of the install instructions to post up for you guys to see whats involved with install. I will talk to Turbonetics first thing in the morning and make sure theres no issue there.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can you please post the consolidated info on that Simi Valley event? Place, address, time etc. I'd like to see that kit first hand.

Quick Reply: New Turbonetics kit for the Scion Tc...some new info on it..