Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Next round of mods for the trd tc - gimmie some help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Next round of mods for the trd tc - gimmie some help!

Ok, so I should have my car back tomorrow. Just your basic TRD LSD and TRD clutch install. Here is my current setup (im not going over ALL my mods, any questions hit my profile).

Full TRD setup (All suspension components, TRD s/c, forge 007 BPV, trd exhaust, trd 18's)

SO - Ive purchased the following :
AEM FI/C , Dezod PNP harness (2007) and the 9.5 lb NST pulley from mike (I hope these ship REAL soon as promised, the group buy was more than 2 months ago..lol...)

Anyways, I havent purchased any guages. I need something thats going to look pretty stockish , so I have to look at guage displays, but im leaning twards the A-pillar setup, vs the pods that sit above the waterfall, or even in the small cubby (its out of sight). Any companies do a HUD type display? that would be pretty pimp.
So a boost guage, and the wideband should be all I need to monitor my setup correct?

NEXT purchase (to go with this whole setup) I have to get another TRD intake (I sold mine before the s/c.. now I need another one) I know how you guys sometimes feel about TRD products, and that there is better items for your money - but I have the full TRD effect, and not really going to get anything else - if I DID .. it would be either the AEM or INJEN. I liked the sound of the TRD intake too.

So, basically my next group of mods is
a) the aem setup
b) nst pulley
c) trd or OTHER possible intake (really leaning twards the TRD.. sounds good - nice bling)
d) DYNO tunning by jeimportperformance
e) have to find some guages I like + display

but is there anything else you would recommend at that point? pretty much once the car is tuned, I am NOT messing with it again - so this is pretty much do all the HP mods now, and thats that. Should come in at a decent 245hp I would think but of course Ill have dyno numbers in less than a month or so.

The one thing I am NOT looking for - changing the sound of the car any more, I LOVE the way the trd exhaust + sc sound already, the intake I already know how good that went with the exhaust, so Im sure that will sound good. I havnt researched changing the header or s-pipe or going with a full exhaust.. but mainly because most of you guys from what I gather, got a little more rasp - to me, my car sounds perfect now, not loud, until you crack into it - I dont need to atract any cops..lol..

Anyways, opinions? suggestions? ... donations? lol
thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Donate your TRD Engine cover to me.
Get an ETD if you dont already have one, I would say exhaust but you like the way it sounds, maybe just up the piping to 2.5 inches. You will pick up a good amount of power w/ a full header back exhaust w/ a tune.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Banned
SL Member

^ what kik said and plus some water/meth and a tune on top of that. should get you some good numbers...
Old 03-29-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got my AEM fic in the mail today from last look customs. Got the TRD 07 intake ordered, and should have it next week. Only thing IM REALLY WAITING ON, is that darned NST 9.5 lb pulley from the group buy like 2 years ago.. I hope we get them soon.. I have my tune time reserved for the end of april. Hopefully mike can ship out the pulleys as promised on the 31st of this month.

I see the AEM kit for the water/meth. go with that, or the perrin system? (big price difference).