Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

nitrous setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default nitrous setup

hey guys i was just given a zex wet kit from a friend and i was wondering where all of you mounted your bottles, i really want it hidden but its gonna be very hard since the bottle is so big, im thinking of cutting a section of the rear mat and making a detachable enclosure over it or something, can you show me pictures of ur setups?? even if its not stealth looking!

oh and btw i dont want anyone bashing this thread with nos is gonna blow my car up, the only thing thats gonna blow is my car past yours
Old 08-20-2007, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would mount it side ways right under your legs, as close as you can to your seat for easy access. It is really convienent. You coould get a black piece of fabric and cover it up.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that would be a good idea but the bottle is so big!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

bump!!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you could just mount behind your driver seat
Old 08-23-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bottles come with siphon tubes and, in order to maintain proper nitrous pickup, it is important to mount the bottle correctly. It is recommend mounting the bottle at a 15 degree angle with the valve end higher than the bottom of the bottle. The valve end of the bottle should point to the front of the vehicle and the valve **** and label should face straight up.

Speaking from experience, you're going to want it to be easy to get to and remove / replace. I suggest just putting it in the trunk area. If you want to hide it just get a smaller bottle.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yea i kept thinking about how im gonna have to get to the bottle if its hidden, unless if i bought a bottle opener, but i guess just putting it in the trunk should be fine, thnx for the help guys, by the way, i dont think this is true but my friend says its good to put the nitrous every once in a while in the fridge? i dont see how that could work out because isnt the bottle supposed to be warm? i live in miami and its always hot so i dont think there should be a problem if the nitrous is always left in the car.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: nitrous setup

Originally Posted by fishingexpert87
oh and btw i dont want anyone bashing this thread with nos is gonna blow my car up, the only thing thats gonna blow is my car past yours
Old 08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol i kno its cheesy but w.e lol
Old 08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: nitrous setup

Originally Posted by fishingexpert87

Wanna give that a shot against me

Post pics when u get it mounted, my buddy decided to go with a nitrous setup too!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ok straight! im just waiting for some cash for a bit of the install, i will do most of the wiring, the only thing i wouldnt know how to do is to set the purge and to put the nitrous end into the intake, do any of you know of a good spot to put the purge end? i dont want it at the nozzle because i use the nozzles alot so any help will be appreciated
Old 08-23-2007, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have my purge centered in the cowl pointing straight up.

and as far as cooling down the tank, the only reason you would do that is before you go get it filled. I put mine in the freezer for a couple of hours before I take it to the shop. It takes a better fill that way.

May I suggest that you do more research before jumping into this? Nitrous is fun as hell but if not cared for and monitored properly.... well, you'll just be giving these "nitrous is dangerous" guys more fuel to burn.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i tried putting it behind the driver seat but then realized the issue that stl_king just mentioned. and if you want it hidden, you probably should get a smaller bottle. here's mine..not done yet but this is where i mounted mine.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

stl_tc_guy i kno i am gonna go get a book and read up on it a bit, just getting ready for everything, i already know how to use it and all but its the small details like the freezer part i didnt know

thnx for the pic 05_rs1
Old 08-24-2007, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/e...or-nitrous.htm

man that site helped alot, my nitrous isnt push button, its a switch, so after second gear should be perfect as to when i switch the nitrous on
Old 09-02-2007, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the chilling of a bottle does not effect anything unless you are filling up a bottle, ,,,n2o is a gas that like alot of gasses moves slower at colder temps... so refilling places like to chill bottles so more n2o gas can be placed into the bottle... then when it is heated there is a noticeable change in pressure, as far as injecting while the bottle is cold, there is no advantage and it actually is counter active to what you are trying to achieve
Old 09-02-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

not to thread jack, but can anyone who has done a wet kit that is not electronic mind showing me the wiring... my relay clicks but my solenoids dont...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we need a little more info. Do you have any kid of RPM or wide open throttle switch.? If not are you solenoids grounded properly? Do you have the correct wire coming off of the relay going to the power of the solenoids? If the relay is working then something is not right after the relay. If you have a wide open throttle switch, then that needs to be activated first. If you have a RPM switch of some sort then that particular RPM needs to be seen before the nitrous solenoids will activate. If you have a digital RPM switch you need to check to see if you have it to activate in (insert desired number here) gear. There are a bunch of problems that can go wrong while installing a full nitrous system. It is the things that you are not familiar with that will blow your engine into hundreds of tiny little pieces.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/stage1.pdf
Old 09-04-2007, 10:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

right now im not gonna be running a window switch... ive had my fun with n2o before with the venom kit which was dry butsafer than any wet kit ive seen... so i know i can control my impulses now lol, however i still do have a WOT switch from the old set up in there, how could i wire that up into the new system, what wire or lead does tht have to come from... im just so not used to the wiring of these kits, with the venom, everything plugged and tapped into the ecu, made life easier
Old 09-09-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hey guys i got my nitrous set up and everything connected yesterday, i have a problem , last night i went to race my friends bmw 328i and when i hit the switch i didnt really feel n e thing and got destroyed, what do you think could of happened? i might think that my bottle is already empty on the first night because of the purge, its an open hose in which i need to buy a nozzle for, it shoots out alottttt, and we used it alot to test when it was at the shop. n e ideas of what i should check? i have the zex wet shot so any help would be appreciated!!!

Quick Reply: nitrous setup