Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

No more Quaife...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

I have a quaife LSD in my tC and it works just like they said it should.

And you don't realize how much a quaife LSD affects a stock tC until you ride in a tC with one.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
I have a quaife LSD in my tC and it works just like they said it should.

And you don't realize how much a quaife LSD affects a stock tC until you ride in a tC with one.
Yeah, good to know it makes a noticeable difference on this car.

Originally Posted by zer0

That video was for Quafie to make an LSD... begging them perhaps.. I have yet to see ZPI with a Quafie installed... otherwise I think they would have reviewd it already.
Correct.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_litigator
ok, while everyone is so upset, i'f i remember correctly, ZPI did a burn out video demonstrating how the Quafie diff idn't work...so unless i'm waaaayyy off and rememberd the wrong thing, its probably not worth it.
Quafie makes a great product - I think they have a lifetime warranty. A guy that I know has an SHO and there was an SHO guy that finally broke one at over 400whp at the track ...other then that ....they pretty much dont break.

my point is ....this is a quality product.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Also - im not going to comment on who I talked to but I spoke with a guy that wouldn't lie and he can second that the LSD is comming out and by Nov1st he can give more details. As soon as I get more info I will post - but I hope someone can give more info before then.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
Thanks for making me regret not buying one when I had the chance.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

OK I officially stopped reading after the 2nd page because all I see is people jumping on the band wagon. How many people bought this LSD from Quaife when they had it available? Apparently not too many. No one has pricing on this yet either so who knows what it's going to cost. You know we'll have it super discounted anyway. It will also be a part that is now UNDER WARRANTY! I think everyone need to just calm down a little and see where this is REALLY going instead of just assuming everything.

There is no official release date on this from TRD either so that is misinformation. Trust me when this thing is available we'll probably be the first people with it for sale or atleast close to it.

Now let the flaming begin!!
Old 09-21-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanx Josh
Old 09-21-2006, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by josh_trdsparks
OK I officially stopped reading after the 2nd page because all I see is people jumping on the band wagon. How many people bought this LSD from Quaife when they had it available? Apparently not too many. No one has pricing on this yet either so who knows what it's going to cost. You know we'll have it super discounted anyway. It will also be a part that is now UNDER WARRANTY! I think everyone need to just calm down a little and see where this is REALLY going instead of just assuming everything.

There is no official release date on this from TRD either so that is misinformation. Trust me when this thing is available we'll probably be the first people with it for sale or atleast close to it.

Don't worry you still have some of the best prices I have seen.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh you're right. I just hope there are special installation rates or something.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

keep us posted and I hope you can make it like the s/c (the best price on the net).
Old 09-22-2006, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, my main concern was wether TRD was actually gonna sell the stand alone unit to current tC owners, and it looks like they are. I'm not lying about the email. I just asked them if they were gonna sell the LSD and this is what I got.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:48 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow good news. I might check out the price.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:29 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Brakefade

Well, my main concern was wether TRD was actually gonna sell the stand alone unit to current tC owners, and it looks like they are. I'm not lying about the email. I just asked them if they were gonna sell the LSD and this is what I got.

Not saying you're lieing but that e-mail is mis-information. It's not going to be available at the end of September. I got my info straight from TRD on the phone. As far as I know it hasn't even been tested by TRD. But that's just a guess. I'll keep my fingers crossed with you on this because I'd love to see it released alot sooner than alot later.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I was definately going to get the lsd, as soon as i had the money for it and install
Old 09-22-2006, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not saying you're lieing but that e-mail is mis-information. It's not going to be available at the end of September. I got my info straight from TRD on the phone. As far as I know it hasn't even been tested by TRD. But that's just a guess. I'll keep my fingers crossed with you on this because I'd love to see it released alot sooner than alot later.
I belive you, I just don't want people to think I'm talking out of my ****. I'm just glad TRD is actually gonna sell it as aftermarket.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:24 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

TRD would not miss out on an opportunity to make $$ like that and distribute on the aftermarket scene. It just plain sucks that Quaife gave it us to sell, then yanked it back.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well.... seeing how a lot of people have been having trouble getting a straight answer out of TRD for anything concerning the Supercharger... i'm not putting any confidence in any of what's being said in terms of a release date.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went back to my parts dept yesterday and had them plug in the part number listed. If I remember right the suggested retail was set at $1350, there were ZERO listed in the inventory for the U.S.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Scion_South
I went back to my parts dept yesterday and had them plug in the part number listed. If I remember right the suggested retail was set at $1350, there were ZERO listed in the inventory for the U.S.
That's still not a soild price. Oh and the e-mail BrakeFade got was not from any of the guys at TRD it was from the "National Help Desk". They are not the same people. They don't have the same info and it's just bits a pieces.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe not but it's a good indicator and if the cost stays where it is at, that price would be in-line with typical TRD profit margin.

I am interested in seeing if it will have a warranty or if it will fall in to the "race use" catagory with no warranty.