Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

No Respect for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I do find it ironic though that I just picked up another sponsorship because of a youtube video... :D
Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I do find it ironic though that I just picked up another sponsorship because of a youtube video... :D
sponsorship for what?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are u serious.. ?
i want sponsors... lol
Old 12-11-2008, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
sponsorship for what?

I got contacted by the guy who said he could get me on to receive their parts at what it cost them. I checked out the site and it's legit. They look to try and get their name out there, so I have no problem helping another Scion only start up. Not a sponsorship in the terms of "FREE", but you know every dollar counts. They offer everything pretty much, rims, suspension, bushings, brakes, engine management, turbo kit, exterior parts, interior parts, you know the usual stuff.

I just finish altering my Sponsorship letter for them, so we will see how it all goes down. They have my address already to send me two decals which is the typical requirement. I probably will make a thread soon when I start ordering up the Suspension bushings, fuel pump, etc.. from them and some other stuff that will meet my Time Attack needs. Will be kinda like a Christmas thread..
Old 12-11-2008, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Good luck travis and let us know how it goes!

Btw i was curious if there are any TT events in the nyc area
Id like to go give it a shot, im bored of drag racing at etown like 40 times a summer
Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Sponsorship Approved....one more task to go, and that's getting my Christmas Bonus!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whos the company for the sponsorship.. PM me if you dont wanna let the cat out of the bag as of now.. Ill keep secret.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sponsorship for what?

I got contacted by the guy who said he could get me on to receive their parts at what it cost them. I checked out the site and it's legit. They look to try and get their name out there, so I have no problem helping another Scion only start up. Not a sponsorship in the terms of "FREE", but you know every dollar counts. They offer everything pretty much, rims, suspension, bushings, brakes, engine management, turbo kit, exterior parts, interior parts, you know the usual stuff.

I just finish altering my Sponsorship letter for them, so we will see how it all goes down. They have my address already to send me two decals which is the typical requirement. I probably will make a thread soon when I start ordering up the Suspension bushings, fuel pump, etc.. from them and some other stuff that will meet my Time Attack needs. Will be kinda like a Christmas thread..
congats on the new sponsorship. however i have to know what company it was so i know never to do business with them. any company that sponsors people based on youtube street racing vids is not for me.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

sponsorship for what?

congats on the new sponsorship. however i have to know what company it was so i know never to do business with them. any company that sponsors people based on youtube street racing vids is not for me.

It wasn't a Youtube Street racing video numb nutts. I like how you totally bypass the track videos on there, which are also increasing in number, get up to date kid. Also find it ironic that you kept screaming about me racing Brian on the street....then turn around and try to flame if I make a video on the street.....
Old 12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It wasn't a Youtube Street racing video numb nutts. I like how you totally bypass the track videos on there, which are also increasing in number, get up to date kid.
really? someone wants to sponsor a mid 13 second car? and i know this will be difficult for you travis, but could you please refrain from childish name calling. you are in violation of your agreement with scionlife.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn man.. u 2 are always goin at it...
Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It wasn't a Youtube Street racing video numb nutts. I like how you totally bypass the track videos on there, which are also increasing in number, get up to date kid.
really? someone wants to sponsor a mid 13 second car? and i know this will be difficult for you travis, but could you please refrain from childish name calling. you are in violation of your agreement with scionlife.

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
Who do you think always starts it? That ought to tell you something about that individual.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who do you think always starts it? That ought to tell you something about that individual.
i didnt start anything. just wanted to know a companies name so i would never do business with them. you started in with the name calling.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL WOW hahaa.. that was harsh
Old 12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i didnt start anything. just wanted to know a companies name so i would never do business with them. you started in with the name calling.

I'm at home, just finished my work, now watching Popeye the Sailor man cartoons with my son. Have a nice day.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm at home, just finished my work, now watching Popeye the Sailor man cartoons with my son. Have a nice day.
thanks so much for the play by play i guess.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

BOMMM CHICKAAAAA BOWWWW WOWWWWWWWWWWW
Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL
Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Here is another point, Scion owners(in a general sense) , because most are new to the automotive industry would rather purchase Megan Racing coil-overs or K-sport coil-overs to save $400 then purchase a suspension that is actually track tested and proven such as JIC or Progress, that does not gain respect in the motorsports world. I wont even look it up but I am willing to bet that K Sport and Megan Racing does not make any suspension components for the Porsche 911... there is a reason for that.
Headers and exhaust for a Porsche will run you about $5000. OBX does not make headers for Porsches...........are you guys getting my point? You get what you paid for.

The K-sport Version RR coilovers are Race only coilovers with the spring rate that Mr.C advised me that I should run no less than, which was like 900 if I remember correctly. Those are the ones I'm picking up. I did not want Tein coils as I did not see one that was for a tC that was geared for track as much as street. I will put the K-sports to the test. Not picking them to save a buck, I read the specs on them and that's what made my decision. I have not seen anything else comparable, if you know of something, clue me in.

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Scions need to get on the track. No repect is earned on the street. The fastest car on the street will get crushed on a real track. So get it together and get Scions respect.

I have to disagree with only half that. I gained respect for beating the tar of some of the cars that were perceived to be fast. Tracks are not open 24/7 (which if they were, I would be at them nearly every day). But this was the environment that introduced me to motorsports and what the tC could do. This is what I was baptized into sorta speak. I'm just going to leave it at that and not turn the thread into a "Street Racing" debate. After so many races though, you have to ask yourself, what's next and if you are willing to push the envelope. That's the phase I am at right now. Stepping it up, and that's why you will see me on the track chasing down some of those cars you mentioned. Call it an Econobox or whatever some say. At the end of the day, I'm not the one who has a "built from the ground up chassis that was meant for performance", and just got passed up by a Scion.
We have dealt with a couple of cars here with K Sports, and seems as though the valving is not very good. I would not select a coil-over kit just based upon spring rate alone. Eibach and Tanabe make coil-over springs and you can get them in the length and spring rate desired. I would personally buy a good set of coil-overs and then get the sring rate you desire. Both Progress and JIC will make you coil-overs to your specs, including custom valving. 900 spring rate for a car driven on the street, and even one driven on the track with street tires is way overkill, in fact dangerious. I would call Coung (Mr.C) and discuss it with him further. His is here today.

As far as my comment about the fastest car on the street, it is true. Yes a Evo on crappy tires with 300whp will kill a Miata on R-comps well set-up, but only on the street. In a real racing situation if that Evo has lack of actual driving track experience it will get embarrased by that Miata on a road coarse. Drag racing, yes you are correct.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't plan on driving 900 spring rated coilovers on the street (unless its a special event). Do the tanabe, jic, or the progress ones have individual hieght adjustment.

Quick Reply: No Respect for the tC