Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

No Respect for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I don't plan on driving 900 spring rated coilovers on the street (unless its a special event). Do the tanabe, jic, or the progress ones have individual hieght adjustment.
if you mean shock lenth/droop adjustment yes the JIC's already have that. The Progress ones do not but can be made to custom droop specifications as we have done so on our tC.
But of coarse every coil over system for the tC will have ride height adjustment.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah everyone will have the height adjust, but not all have the separate hieght adjustment. I can only imagine the price tag for custom coilovers. I am an independent, can't exactly just dish out extra just for custom ones.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TheProgress Custom Long Beach Edition coilovers that I want are only $1200.. MrC told me about em.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
TheProgress Custom Long Beach Edition coilovers that I want are only $1200.. MrC told me about em.
Link, and are they meant for the track or just a street setup that you can take to the track.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are the coilovers they used last season. And, no link. They will give you different valving, stroke and all that. MrC said it will be fine for street and track..
Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-11-2008, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
They are the coilovers they used last season. And, no link. They will give you different valving, stroke and all that. MrC said it will be fine for street and track..

I might look into that then.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah everyone will have the height adjust, but not all have the separate hieght adjustment. I can only imagine the price tag for custom coilovers. I am an independent, can't exactly just dish out extra just for custom ones.
From what I was told by Progress when dealing with them, a custom set-up should only be a couple hundred more If I remember correctly. I don't understand what you mean exactly by "seperate" height adjustment... maybe I do, are you refering to the maintaning of spring pre-load when adjusting perch?

Moton made coil-overs for Dan Gardner's tC. Moton is very accomplished in racing but im guessing they will run between $3500-$6000. http://www.motonsuspension.com/

But since you are like me and can't dish out that kinda cash, I would go with Progress. You can tell them to make you a set to the same specs as our tC as far as valving and droop, but I would suggest maybe a lower spring rate unless you are planning on running on R-comps.

http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewProduct...tID=33&AC=1#AC
and here is a link to the JIC page. $2k is not bad and you can always switch out the springs like I said.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by enjetek
whats all the laughing for?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
just my thoughts on whats been said in the thread
Old 12-11-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

care to join the conversation?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont want to start arguments with ppl
Old 12-11-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats the best part. all jokes aside, if you have something to say, then say it.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats the best part. all jokes aside, if you have something to say, then say it.
bench racing sucks and humility needs to be learned.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
From what I was told by Progress when dealing with them, a custom set-up should only be a couple hundred more If I remember correctly. I don't understand what you mean exactly by "seperate" height adjustment... maybe I do, are you refering to the maintaning of spring pre-load when adjusting perch?
Yeah, sorry, I was posting from my Ipod and to lazy to look up the correct terminology.

Moton made coil-overs for Dan Gardner's tC. Moton is very accomplished in racing but im guessing they will run between $3500-$6000. http://www.motonsuspension.com/

But since you are like me and can't dish out that kinda cash, I would go with Progress. You can tell them to make you a set to the same specs as our tC as far as valving and droop, but I would suggest maybe a lower spring rate unless you are planning on running on R-comps.

and here is a link to the JIC page. $2k is not bad and you can always switch out the springs like I said.

I'm going to run in the Street class as my first introduction to the Time Attack world. I will eventually go to the next class, which would be with the R-comp tires. $2k is still a little steep for my first intro into TA. This is more of a feeler and getting my feet wet. I will step up the suspension the more and more I improve in driving.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, sorry, I was posting from my Ipod and to lazy to look up the correct terminology.

I'm going to run in the Street class as my first introduction to the Time Attack world. I will eventually go to the next class, which would be with the R-comp tires. $2k is still a little steep for my first intro into TA. This is more of a feeler and getting my feet wet. I will step up the suspension the more and more I improve in driving.
Sounds like a good plan, it will be good to see you on the track. Definately call Mr.C up though, Im sure he has good opinion and I have a feeling he will point you towards Progress. We have sent our coil-overs in once to get re-done... and tried different spring rates. Progress will work with your needs and have good customer support, especially if you track their product.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Sounds like a good plan, it will be good to see you on the track. Definately call Mr.C up though, Im sure he has good opinion and I have a feeling he will point you towards Progress. We have sent our coil-overs in once to get re-done... and tried different spring rates. Progress will work with your needs and have good customer support, especially if you track their product.

Ok, cool. I will definitely give Mr. C a shout. Hopefully should be ordering my setup in the next week or two.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He gave me a price shipped. You send ptuning $1,225.95 and they give Progress a call and get your custom coilovers sent to you.. Thats the exact cost of them..
Old 12-12-2008, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I can handle that.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats what I figured also.. So I figure Ill ride 4x4 til I can offord em.. lol