Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

No Respect for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:49 AM

I'll be back next monday if you have any questions about the progress coilovers (LB edition or custom specs) or you can always pm us or give us a call. Unfortunately, actually fortunately i'm spending this week down in Orlando, FL at the Performance Racing industries trade show, walking 5 miles over three days drooling at a million square feet of display full of performance parts (no neon lights or fuzzy dices here). This is our kind of show--hardcore performance parts...$12,000 crankshafts, $16,000 coilover, $1000 connecting rod, $350,000 car trailers, $300,000 CNC machines, formula 1 cars, they have it all

MrC

Old 12-12-2008, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Awesome, FL probably has better weather than any of us are seeing at the moment...lol.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn. Im only hour and half away from Orlando. Do you need a business license to get in. I wouldn't mind driving down there and hooking up with ya'll.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:07 AM

dude forgot those tools...I have a 2007 civic si. I get the same crap from GTi guys ciz they turbo! even tho they both run about the same 1/4 mile times and the si is na...Still have respect for the GTi but that is usually what I get...Civics are owned by a lot of rice so I get a bad rep. I agree the tc is a good platform...especiall with boost...You guys have some good kits out. I'm still waiting lol...forget the haters
Old 12-20-2008, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Asif22
dude forgot those tools...I have a 2007 civic si. I get the same crap from GTi guys ciz they turbo! even tho they both run about the same 1/4 mile times and the si is na...Still have respect for the GTi but that is usually what I get...Civics are owned by a lot of rice so I get a bad rep. I agree the tc is a good platform...especiall with boost...You guys have some good kits out. I'm still waiting lol...forget the haters

Amen to that, love the new model civic si's sooooo clean inside, plan on getting one for the wifey later on next year
Old 12-21-2008, 11:56 PM

i was told not to get a scion because they are slow as hell and that there are not many mods for the car. so going against popular beleif i bought the car and googled parts for the vehicle and there are more parts than i can even imagine to recall. i love my car and screw all of those non believers.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1andonlyDVS
i was told not to get a scion because they are slow as hell and that there are not many mods for the car. so going against popular beleif i bought the car and googled parts for the vehicle and there are more parts than i can even imagine to recall. i love my car and screw all of those non believers.
It's still a slow car.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
It's still a slow car.
Mine is too ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm Allergic to slow! Don't drive next to me, otherwise you might get SLOW on my ride....
Old 12-22-2008, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I'm Allergic to slow! Don't drive next to me, otherwise you might get SLOW on my ride....
lmao
Old 02-18-2009, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i just love it when people with ____ty cars get onto ours and im speechless i really dont know how to descride in words how ____ty their car really is. but i just ignore it. what does every1 else do?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
It's still a slow car.
Yours might be but mine aint, if you want proof then wait till I get home from Iraq and I will take you for a spin. You will probally need to bring clean draws bc you'll sh-t your pants! LMFAO!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well being that I'm many, many pages back from the original post, I must say that I've run into several of these types of people.

Everything that was said above me is true:

--the 'tools' don't realize there is approximately a 12% loss of power from block to wheels on most cars
-- Most are comparing performance based cars Evo vs standard Lancer, Spec-V vs standard Sentra, where as the tC has no 'performance platform'. The Modders of tC's create the 'performance platform'.
-- the 'tools' are comparing apples to oranges a V6 or I-6 will almost always be able to achieve more power/tq than an I-4 if the same mods are applied to both engines
-- Scion owners enjoy the art of modding typically more than other car owners...its just the way our community works and that is foreign to a lot of other people
-- The scion tC and XB-2 engines were perfected over time (20 years in the camry line) and thus are a great, stable platform to experiment on, without the Camry price tag.
-- I'm sure there are SI, evo, STI, Spec-V groups that suffer the same comments from larger engine class platforms.

The little guys of the tC world, as we all are, will always get this. Same goes for the entire Scion line. Yeah, it angers us all when these punks say ignorant crap about something that we keep so close to our hearts, but then again, art is subjective also.

You wouldn't see any Altima owner painting their old-man ride neon green....while the XB1 had that as a standard color one year.

We are in different worlds, and thus, are of different minds.

Turbo your tC's and enjoy it. Forget the posers in the world that only have their insults and manufacturer brochures to comfort them.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kids and douchebags on Houston-Imports.com have decided with their collective intelligence of 56 pts. that the tC is the Top Girls Car now.

Enjoy.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheFantasticG
Kids and douchebags on Houston-Imports.com have decided with their collective intelligence of 56 pts. that the tC is the Top Girls Car now.

Enjoy.

The only way to NOT have a car considered as being a girls car, it must meet these requirements.

- Limited Production quantity, therefore being rare.

- Cost in excess of $80k dollars

- Be uncomfortable to drive (in some cases)

- Probably have excessive amounts of HP (over 500)

Last

- Be so meticulous that it sees the road only a couple days of the week, and only during summer.

If it does not meet those requirements, then it pretty much is going to be considered a girls car.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Half of people in Houston-Imports.com drive a girls car, or some crappy car.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very true.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djspectre
well being that I'm many, many pages back from the original post, I must say that I've run into several of these types of people.

Everything that was said above me is true:

--the 'tools' don't realize there is approximately a 12% loss of power from block to wheels on most cars
-- Most are comparing performance based cars Evo vs standard Lancer, Spec-V vs standard Sentra, where as the tC has no 'performance platform'. The Modders of tC's create the 'performance platform'.
-- the 'tools' are comparing apples to oranges a V6 or I-6 will almost always be able to achieve more power/tq than an I-4 if the same mods are applied to both engines
-- Scion owners enjoy the art of modding typically more than other car owners...its just the way our community works and that is foreign to a lot of other people
-- The scion tC and XB-2 engines were perfected over time (20 years in the camry line) and thus are a great, stable platform to experiment on, without the Camry price tag.
-- I'm sure there are SI, evo, STI, Spec-V groups that suffer the same comments from larger engine class platforms.

The little guys of the tC world, as we all are, will always get this. Same goes for the entire Scion line. Yeah, it angers us all when these punks say ignorant crap about something that we keep so close to our hearts, but then again, art is subjective also.

You wouldn't see any Altima owner painting their old-man ride neon green....while the XB1 had that as a standard color one year.

We are in different worlds, and thus, are of different minds.

Turbo your tC's and enjoy it. Forget the posers in the world that only have their insults and manufacturer brochures to comfort them.

That's the sweet feeling which all of us F/I Scion owners share- The Element of Surprise...
There are numerous maxima, M3, E-350, Boxter, 545i, 335i owners that come up to me and nod there heads as I drive minding my own business... and then mess me trying to get a cheap laugh- and then I floor it and all I see is anger on their faces.

Gotta Love the Haters!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The haters are always present in every aspect of life. Why? because we all have opinions that differ.

The guys that pull up to the line with their cars and nod are the ones that typically lack in personality so they make up for it in their car.

Also, there tends to be certain cars that tend to attract certain owners. I rarely ever see corvette owners being a-holes. Cant say the same about Mustang owners though. And so is a similar pattern for import cars. Acura drivers are like that too...as most were Honda owners before that.

Just keep to the fact that our cars are sleeper cars now. I watched a Supercharged tC blow away a mustang at a drag strip once when the mustang pulled up in a 'grudge match' that the strip offered. I literally about peed my pants when the itty bitty 2900lb tc won.

Just keep your cool, and prove it with dyno's, drag times, and just how unlame our cars look when we mod them. Oh, and yeah, the fact that ONLY SCION supports open modding of their own cars.

They must have missed the NISSAN and HONDA UNITED event somewhere in the glare of our tail lights as we passed them on our way to Vegas......
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i hear people say my car is faster then yours...yea so what some people buy different cars for different reason not cause one is faster then the other...your just asking for trouble...i have a tc also...people want to race me and say the tc is slow i say yup its very slow as a joke well sort of..i didnt buy the tc to race if i want to race i would of bought a EVO or mazda3speed...people should repspect was others drive if they can beat you its fine ..not about being the fastest then why when you wrap your car around a tree you wonder why.....

Quick Reply: No Respect for the tC