Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

No Respect for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ didnt even sound like that Stand was running, but sweet if it really was
Old 12-04-2008, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol we had a hang out spot were i live. untill the state troopers raided it and towed 200 cars and fined everyone with loitering.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you listen you can hear the mustang.. Gotta really listen. Cuhz I doubted it at first also.. Later that night he raced a LS1 Z28 camaro and miss shifted and blew up his mustang. Then I meet up with the Z28 about an hour later and ran him. It was decently quick only got him by 1-2 cars each race. We did a 70 kick(thats a high kick lol) we were dead even pretty much I pulled him by a fender by the time I hit speed cut..
Old 12-04-2008, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stangs exhaust is really quiet all you can here is his motor.. Listen closely..
Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm.. over summer i was in Ocean City, Md at a red light and this guy in a mustang was bragging that he would smoke me cause his car ran low 13s. Well i was just like okay and raced him. I had 2 other people in the car and we ended up beating him by about 3 lengths. When he caught back on at the next red light.. he had his windows up. I guess he didnt have anything to say then? Haha
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats exactly how it always happens.. I know a guy with a blue srt4. he was running 19psi i was on 9lbs. We all go out to race I beat him a couple times.. Fast forward another month I crash my tC, while its in the shop my boost controller gets stolen. Fast forward another month, I get the car back. Go out racing that next weekend. And we run to his house to pick me up a boost controller to race some modded 08 GT. Well on the way We race a few times Im 4 deep and hes 2 or 3 deep. I pull him by the time 3rd is over and once im in 4th still pulling. We get to his house and hes like damn you beat me this time. Last time I got you. Im like no sir thats impossible last time I was on 9lbs this time on on 5.8-6psi How could I lose to you when Im at a higher boost. He's like oh I guess you did beat me.. Lol I just laugh at him. But also was like thanks for the free boost controller.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah it happens all the time. My buddy has a 350z and was braggin he beat me in a race, mean while i didnt race him. I came across him on the highway and he floored it, i didnt cause i was taking the next exit to see a movie, but what are you gonna be. Thats just how people are.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same thing with me and my friend who has a procharged 350Z I was on the interstate about to get off but I chase him a biit to race him but he winds up getting off the same exit as me. So we get off I call him said he running late for work.. So I proceed with dropping off my friend then Literally 2 hours later thats when my tC caught on fire. So, I never got to race him. He got dyno tuned to about 350rwhp. So, I know the tC would have ripped him a new one..
Old 12-04-2008, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

350z are so ____ing slow. I don't know why people think they're so fast. 230-240whp and 3400lbs =/= fast .
Old 12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol.. They always go to the argument look at the 350Z stock and look at the tC.. Im like soo ____in what enthusiast modify their cars.. So its only fair..
Old 12-04-2008, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
People on Youtube are generally retarded.

Actually, now that I think about it, the bulk majority of other car groups are full of retards. I posted my turbo thread on a local tuner forum, and said I'd guesstimate 260-280whp and literally everyone was calling BS and saying that I wouldn't break 240 and the tC motor can't hold boost. So I went back with my dyno chart of 295 and then they started trying to say some other stuff, basically they kept trying to deny the fact that I have a DD 300+hp tC.
Its true, a lot of car groups are full of retards, but so is the world. I've really noticed that with scion owners (most, not all), they know there car isn't fast and have a different approach, not really comparing their cars to everyones elses. We have our own "style".
Old 12-04-2008, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Except when your scion actually is fast. You, seem to get a lil cocky.. Lol I had my moments..
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
So far from what I've seen around my town.

Cars that acknowledge me and know not to mess with me:
350z
Evo
GTi
well done civics
S2000
WRX/STI (goes both ways)

Cars that are driven by tools who think they're fast
Civics
Sentras
Civics
Altimas
Accords
WRX/STI (goes both ways)
Civics
Neons
SRT4s
Cobalts
tCs (dunno if they just wanted to see what my car could do or if they were actually tools)
pointless
its the driver
not the car
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
Except when your scion actually is fast. You, seem to get a lil cocky.. Lol I had my moments..
I've gotten insanely cocky now that my car is turbo'd. I look at and laugh at the people who try to race me. Literally. I really ____ed off some riced out civic the other week.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha.. Makes me feel a lil better of myself.. I only get cocky with the ********. Tel em to stop talking and lets hit the interstate.. And, put your money where you mouth is
Old 12-04-2008, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I just ____ them off. I usually tell them that they're not worth the gas .
Old 12-04-2008, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will say the scion turbocharged is a GREAT car and it is fast! no argument there

However, I do think the scion platform has limitations above 300whp. Simply put its front wheel drive and will turn into a highway car above 300whp granted it will be fast there.

The reason I sold my tC and went a Subaru was the above. I can make huge power and still put it down without loss of grip. When your racing on a track RWD and AWD are the best platforms to put down power.

The people do underestimate a turbocharged tC alot tho... but that's what makes it fun!!!!

Also please take your racing onto a track!!!! NASA, 1/4 mi something where you are not endangering other peoples lives.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by soGone
I will say the scion turbocharged is a GREAT car and it is fast! no argument there

However, I do think the scion platform has limitations above 300whp. Simply put its front wheel drive and will turn into a highway car above 300whp granted it will be fast there.

The reason I sold my tC and went a Subaru was the above. I can make huge power and still put it down without loss of grip. When your racing on a track RWD and AWD are the best platforms to put down power.

The people do underestimate a turbocharged tC alot tho... but that's what makes it fun!!!!

Also please take your racing onto a track!!!! NASA, 1/4 mi something where you are not endangering other peoples lives.
I will agree with you that the tC is Wrong Wheel Drive, but going AWD because it's better for the track is basically like you're giving up on trying to make a car good for the track, and just going for a car that's good from the start. It takes most of the fun out of it.

And Rado is putting 700 down without having traction problems, PTuning is putting 500 down without traction problems, so I think you were doing something wrong.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are running super sticky tires I think..
Old 12-05-2008, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Radio also blows up motors like no ones business and goes through axles like nothing. He is ALSO wide body and ALSO has tons of manufacture support

its like saying... the tC can drift because someone BUILT one specifically to drift as a race car.

I can drive my car to the track be very competitive with little to no changes to my car...

if i wanted to spend 20k to keep a scion that I couldn't drive everyday your right otherwise I don't see your point... both P-tuning and Rado's cars are purpose built RACE cars... not street scions

any car can be fast with enough money... I fail to see your point

again im not bashing on the tC I love the car... im just saying... I swiched because i can do what I want to do with less money and less custom fab with the subie....

I would have loved to build a sick scion for the track... I just didnt have tons of money to spend.

Quick Reply: No Respect for the tC