Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

No Respect for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think i have raced every fast car in my town. No one ever wants to race me anymore. kill list includes 350z, evos, sti's, SRT4, and a few random others. The only time i can find a car worth racing anymore is on the highway.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Originally Posted by soGone
I will say the scion turbocharged is a GREAT car and it is fast! no argument there

However, I do think the scion platform has limitations above 300whp. Simply put its front wheel drive and will turn into a highway car above 300whp granted it will be fast there.

The reason I sold my tC and went a Subaru was the above. I can make huge power and still put it down without loss of grip. When your racing on a track RWD and AWD are the best platforms to put down power.

The people do underestimate a turbocharged tC alot tho... but that's what makes it fun!!!!

Also please take your racing onto a track!!!! NASA, 1/4 mi something where you are not endangering other peoples lives.
I will agree with you that the tC is Wrong Wheel Drive, but going AWD because it's better for the track is basically like you're giving up on trying to make a car good for the track, and just going for a car that's good from the start. It takes most of the fun out of it.

And Rado is putting 700 down without having traction problems, PTuning is putting 500 down without traction problems, so I think you were doing something wrong.
Rado does have traction issues, and so does Ptuning. They can't get on it coming out of a corner as much as some of the other guys do. When the finish the turn though, they rocket off so it depends on how you like racing.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Dezod
Originally Posted by soGone
I will say the scion turbocharged is a GREAT car and it is fast! no argument there

However, I do think the scion platform has limitations above 300whp. Simply put its front wheel drive and will turn into a highway car above 300whp granted it will be fast there.

The reason I sold my tC and went a Subaru was the above. I can make huge power and still put it down without loss of grip. When your racing on a track RWD and AWD are the best platforms to put down power.

The people do underestimate a turbocharged tC alot tho... but that's what makes it fun!!!!

Also please take your racing onto a track!!!! NASA, 1/4 mi something where you are not endangering other peoples lives.
I will agree with you that the tC is Wrong Wheel Drive, but going AWD because it's better for the track is basically like you're giving up on trying to make a car good for the track, and just going for a car that's good from the start. It takes most of the fun out of it.

And Rado is putting 700 down without having traction problems, PTuning is putting 500 down without traction problems, so I think you were doing something wrong.
Rado does have traction issues, and so does Ptuning. They can't get on it coming out of a corner as much as some of the other guys do. When the finish the turn though, they rocket off so it depends on how you like racing.

And thats why rado is making an AWD tc.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That will be awesome haha. Looking forward to seeing him on the track.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the tool with the altima is probably a certain ethnic group from brooklyn that doesn't know ____ about cars.

i get "girls car" everywhere i go, well if you want to measure dicks, lets pop our hoods ___s.

sorry lol

i'm not happy with people who bash tc's.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by StreetStarsTc
the tool with the altima is probably a certain ethnic group from brooklyn that doesn't know poop about cars.

i get "girls car" everywhere i go, well if you want to measure dicks, lets pop our hoods ___s.

sorry lol

i'm not happy with people who bash tc's.
On the contrary I take a lil offense to that comment. Im black.. Im sure rhythmn wouldnt like that either. But oh well. I could care less about black jokes..
Old 12-05-2008, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow due, i really didn't mean black people, it something a person from brooklyn and only brooklyn would know. so relax
Old 12-05-2008, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

haha I just came back from a meet with 90% 350z lol, nobody even asked about my car.. all attention was on the 2 forced induced Z, a s/c and a turbo
Old 12-05-2008, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unless they hear a spool from a tc they won't even care. just modify your car for your ownself, people curious enough will come up eventually, our motors are great for boost IMO
Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i dont like much attention thats the good thing, i only talk about my car when they ask.. even park on the sides..
Old 12-05-2008, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC's potential is amazing... even small numbers take on really big hp number cars... but there is a big reason for that... the gearing... now i know that it is electronically limited, but 127-130 cutoff is not that great... i find myself in that number range a lot of times (not on streets of course!) and thats when the other cars... well... get ahead- they get ahead very slowly but they do get ahead.

if the gearing can be altered (I did talk to mike at ptuning and he did say its possible to get new gearings custom made... but thats a very pretty penny! just like the RWD/ AWD conversion... it can be done but you would have to shell out enough money to go and buy another new tC off the lot ) the tC's wont be as quick but will get that top speed parameters a lot of us speed junkies want.

regardless, the tC is an excellent performance machine no doubt about that...

...and I love all the hate I get from the idiots on the road because I am (and so is everyone that drives a good hp turbo'ed tC) the underdog... and that element of surprise- the look on their face after they get embarrassed, is priceless!

and another thing I love is when they say "oh ur tC is pulling 258/272 (on 8.9psi btw), well my _____ will eat it b/c i have 300-400hp stock... blah blah"
they dont get the concept that their ENGINES put out 300hp (for example) in company controlled conditions- that include perfect air mixture, perfect temp, perfect condition on the engine, what their cars actually put down on the road is WAY less than that.

So What I do is walk away or just have a smirk on my face. because this shows me how illiterate they are.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tc's are slow..
Old 12-05-2008, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mong1126
tc's are slow..

your tC- yes!

not us forced inducted people.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

wow due, i really didn't mean black people, it something a person from brooklyn and only brooklyn would know. so relax
I know exactly what you mean.

GETDAFAWKOUTDAWAY_______!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Stuff like this is what started my whole "Street Racing" rep. After stomping a mud hole in a few cars, my rep started to surpass reality. It became known real quick that a boosted tC was NOT to be toyed with. At least in my area. Being the first boosted tC here, and then all the rest following behind, we just cleaned up I tell ya....CLEANED up. That's why I try to get everything on Video too.

Now if I walk into an Auto Store, and a guy I have never even seen a day in my life ask me (because he sees the Scion logo somewhere on my apparel), hey do you know the guy with the Black CF tC? I just smile and nod.

Had another guy at Krogers checking out, and I had a Scion logo on somewhere, and he asked if I had a Scion. I said yes of course. Then he replied, I don't like them that much, and then asked what I drove, I said the Black CF boosted tC. Then he replies with....Oh, I heard about that one. I don't like them that much, but yours....man, that **** is bad ****.

Got to get respect sometimes by doing things you might not necessarily agree with.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does everyones tcs shut down at 120-130?.. cause a barried mine one day at about 137 before gov. kicked in
Old 12-05-2008, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

altima 4 door girls car ftl!!! lol
Old 12-05-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by stevejohns29
does everyones tcs shut down at 120-130?.. cause a barried mine one day at about 137 before gov. kicked in
yeah it should.. are you positive yours reached 137? can take a vid of that? and oh mine goes over 130 :D
Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know exactly what you mean.

GETDAFAWKOUTDAWAY_______!

Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

350z are so flippin' slow. I don't know why people think they're so fast. 230-240whp and 3400lbs =/= fast .

Hey now....I resent that. The 07-08 350z runs low 13's to high 12s completely stock, so make sure you specify which 350z you think is slow. Then again your comparing a turboed tC to a stock older Z.

Quick Reply: No Respect for the tC