Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

No Respect for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
^^ why u rockin chrome rims with a turbo'd vehicle?
Because I like chrome rims and I had them way before I decided to go turbo. Many vehicles are boosted with chrome rims. Im getting rid of the 20's and stepping down to some lightweight chrome/polished 19's made by Volk Racing. The GT-V style rims.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with the OP 100% people dont give the tC the respect they deserve, I can say that it is within best n/a platforms for boost if not the best.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BUT................
Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
Yea.. Hes a queer thinking the same car my ex girlfriend has is faster than a tC. Yea maybe an stock auto tC. But not a stock manual tC..
an altima 3.5se is a mid 14 sec car, some have even made it to low 14s, so a stock manual tC has no chance against it.

I have an 05 se-r and its no girly car, its extremely nice and holds its own against vq powered g35s or 350z.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I started getting turned down for races from ppl at the hang out spot. Lol

My lil cousin came with me, he walks around asking people to race me, i heard this one kid with a silver srt4 say whats he drive, my lil cuz points to my turbo tC, guy says I already heard about that car. Ill pass.. Lol then some cocky fat kind in a Mustang says ill race that lil giel car. So we go out and race well this is how the race turned out.. lol im open dp in the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXcSorXEwF8
this is no cammed 347 mustang, or if it is, it running on 4 cylinders, those cars are loud and would have easily made your car sound as if it was off. If this guy would have floored it you would've seen the camera move back, which it didn't do, and if the pause the video right as your tC is passing him you can see his rpms are very low, at idle or slightly above. Sorry bro, you're busted.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1tc4u2nv
BUT................
Yea.. Hes a queer thinking the same car my ex girlfriend has is faster than a tC. Yea maybe an stock auto tC. But not a stock manual tC..
an altima 3.5se is a mid 14 sec car, some have even made it to low 14s, so a stock manual tC has no chance against it.

I have an 05 se-r and its no girly car, its extremely nice and holds its own against vq powered g35s or 350z.

if an SE-R holds its own against a G35 or 350z (older models, which are low 14sec to high 13sec cars), how you figure a stock 3.5se is a low 14sec car? That would mean an SE-R runs the same as an SE....no?

And no an SE-R I would consider a girly car.....it's more of an overpowered grocery getter.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
BUT................

if an SE-R holds its own against a G35 or 350z (older models, which are low 14sec to high 13sec cars), how you figure a stock 3.5se is a low 14sec car? That would mean an SE-R runs the same as an SE....no?

And no an SE-R I would consider a girly car.....it's more of an overpowered grocery getter.
not everyone that drives a 350z or g35 runs low 14s-high 13s, even though the car is capable of it. The an 05 3.5se runs about 2 tenths behind an se-r. Both altimas are lighter than the 350z and g35s. The se-r is a sports sedan, and a very neat one. I'm not gonna start a ____ing match with you so lets leave it at that.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why is everyone racing on the streets... that's dumb poop. my insurance is already high enough even with my clean driving record.

come on guys. don't be dumb. please?
Old 12-06-2008, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

BUT................

And no an SE-R I would consider a girly car.....it's more ofan overpowered grocery getter.
not everyone that drives a 350z or g35 runs low 14s-high 13s, even though the car is capable of it. The an 05 3.5se runs about 2 tenths behind an se-r. Both altimas are lighter than the 350z and g35s. The se-r is a sports sedan, and a very neat one. I'm not gonna start a ____ing match with you so lets leave it at that.

I can care less what a crappy driver does with a car, that's what the car is capable of, and that's the old model. Not talking about the 06+ 350z's. Altima is not a sports car, so I surely hope you don't want to go there thinking an SE-r is on the same level as a Z or G35, just because it may be able to hang with them in a straight line.

There are more low 14sec high 13sec Z's than any crappy drivers out there, so what's your point in talking about crappy drivers? People confuse beating drivers with beating the cars. In the case you speak of, they beat the driver.

However, you missed the point. You contradicted yourself. Your saying that there is essentially no difference between a 3.5 SE and the SE-R which we know there is. You said the SE can run low 14's but yet an SE-R just "holds its own" against the Z/G. SE's are slower than SE-R, so how can an SE-R only "hold it's own" against a Z/G if the SE supposedly does low 14secs which is what the older Z's do on a mild day?

By the way, I meant to say I would "not" consider the SE-R to be a girly car....that it was an beefed up grocery getter instead.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I know, I'm saying that when they start saying how they're running 30psi and you're only running 9, just start questioning their knowledge about turbos. Most of them will just reply with "boost is boost", which just further defines their stupidity.
Speaking of running high psi, my friend sent me a link to a cardomain of some random chick that wants to turbo her tC and "plan[s] on running 20 psi while at the track and a lower amount when driving around town." (source: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3166323 ) When I asked her if she was kidding, she replied, "no acually i'm not kiddig. i have friends that can hook me up. my car will be able to handle it." That proves the stereotype that hot = dumb as hell. LOL I can't wait to see her Cardomain in a few months: "I blew up my engine and/or turbo! "
Old 12-06-2008, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My lil cousin came with me, he walks around asking people to race me, i heard this one kid with a silver srt4 say whats he drive, my lil cuz points to my turbo tC, guy says I already heard about that car. Ill pass.. Lol then some cocky fat kind in a Mustang says ill race that lil giel car. So we go out and race well this is how the race turned out.. lol im open dp in the video..

this is no cammed 347 mustang, or if it is, it running on 4 cylinders, those cars are loud and would have easily made your car sound as if it was off. If this guy would have floored it you would've seen the camera move back, which it didn't do, and if the pause the video right as your tC is passing him you can see his rpms are very low, at idle or slightly above. Sorry bro, you're busted.
Your a ____ing ___ hat.. That was a real race.. As far as I know the kid called me out. Why would he purposely make me look good.. I didnt need help in that department buddy..
Old 12-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Banned
SL Member

Your a flippin' butt hat.. That was a real race.. As far as I know the kid called me out. Why would he purposely make me look good.. I didnt need help in that department buddy..
I did read a much before this comment so correct me if I missed something but why was the vid recorded in the mustang? And if you do pause the vid, I think his RPM was low but who knows the truth lol I dont really care if it was staged...turbo is the only way to go unless you have a lot of mullllllaaa
Old 12-06-2008, 07:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
I know, I'm saying that when they start saying how they're running 30psi and you're only running 9, just start questioning their knowledge about turbos. Most of them will just reply with "boost is boost", which just further defines their stupidity.
Speaking of running high psi, my friend sent me a link to a cardomain of some random chick that wants to turbo her tC and "plan[s] on running 20 psi while at the track and a lower amount when driving around town." (source: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3166323 ) When I asked her if she was kidding, she replied, "no acually i'm not kiddig. i have friends that can hook me up. my car will be able to handle it." That proves the stereotype that hot = dumb as hell. LOL I can't wait to see her Cardomain in a few months: "I blew up my engine and/or turbo! "
i just fell inlove..
Old 12-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Banned
SL Member

^^the TI vid in her profile is funny
Old 12-06-2008, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Straight up the tC can hold it own against basically any "tuner" car. You just have to do that tune it. A non boosted tC is not going to have a chance agaisnt a car that is boosted from the factory. AS far as the 128 mph cut off thing, I can run in the 115-119 range in fourth gear, and I am not boosted yet. So only 10 mph out of fourth gear doesnt sound right, at least for me,and I am not stock but I didnt gain that much hp from what I have done. I know a governer will be able to control your speed but if you check your manual you cant go over like 113 in fourth either. I have to many points on my license to be going all crazy ***** to the wall fifth gear style.

And yes I am jealous of the 300 whp tC's... and trust me I have been shown not to mess with them either... some northern VA people have some nasty tc's
Old 12-06-2008, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hah that reminded me of a full bolt on NA tc with like a 35 shot i think that thought he could pull me.. he wanted to put money on it and i just looked at him and shook my head and drove away... but ya tc is probably the most modern moddable car to date i would think..
Old 12-06-2008, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah... I thought it was the baddest thing when I first got it... I know where I stand as far as "how bad" my car is.

Only two more months until I get back from deployment... Then I can give the fine gentlemen at Dezod a call to get mine boosted finally. I am so glad I live so close to ptuning
Old 12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
i just fell inlove..

A chick car that does not look all......"CHICKED" out. Much Respect. In all fairness Ro_ja, I read what her response was. She said she would have a built motor to run that high of boost. So, she will be just fine running 20 PSI as long as it's fully built, which is what I get she is planning on doing.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kefferj
yeah... I thought it was the baddest thing when I first got it... I know where I stand as far as "how bad" my car is.

Only two more months until I get back from deployment... Then I can give the fine gentlemen at Dezod a call to get mine boosted finally. I am so glad I live so close to ptuning

You suck, go home.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BUT................

And no an SE-R I would consider a girly car.....it's more ofan overpowered grocery getter.

I can care less what a crappy driver does with a car, that's what the car is capable of, and that's the old model. Not talking about the 06+ 350z's. Altima is not a sports car, so I surely hope you don't want to go there thinking an SE-r is on the same level as a Z or G35, just because it may be able to hang with them in a straight line.

There are more low 14sec high 13sec Z's than any crappy drivers out there, so what's your point in talking about crappy drivers? People confuse beating drivers with beating the cars. In the case you speak of, they beat the driver.

However, you missed the point. You contradicted yourself. Your saying that there is essentially no difference between a 3.5 SE and the SE-R which we know there is. You said the SE can run low 14's but yet an SE-R just "holds its own" against the Z/G. SE's are slower than SE-R, so how can an SE-R only "hold it's own" against a Z/G if the SE supposedly does low 14secs which is what the older Z's do on a mild day?

By the way, I meant to say I would "not" consider the SE-R to be a girly car....that it was an beefed up grocery getter instead.
I said that the se is a mid 14sec. car and some people have claimed to go low 14s, whether they were stock or not we will never know, you and I both know that there's lots of mods that can make a car faster yet it still looks stock. It takes a bit more driving skill, but 13s have been hit before with an se-r, but it takes a real good driver due to the car being a fwd. I've raced stock auto g35 coupes and i take them to well into 100mph before they start making up ground ( due to the better top end).
Old 12-06-2008, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your a flippin' butt hat.. That was a real race.. As far as I know the kid called me out. Why would he purposely make me look good.. I didnt need help in that department buddy..
typical response when someone gets butt hurt.

You have know idea what kind of torque curve a cammed 347 has, that camera guy wouldn't have been able to hold the camera as steady as he did. Sorry, if that race did happen, that was a stock gt.

Other people have already paused the vid and seen the rpms are at or near idle. He could be your buddy recording you as you demonstrate a "gross display of power", fact of the matter is- not a cammed 347, maybe a stock or lightly modded gt.

Quick Reply: No Respect for the tC