Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

No Respect for the tC

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heres a better angle Paul..

So sexxy
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im possibly gonna get some pipes custom made most likely so I dont have to hack up any expensive pipes.. Im still saving the money so I got a lil time before I make a move..
Old 12-09-2008, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
New turbo hotness

Nice setup, how much boost are you planning on running?
Old 12-09-2008, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You guys are killing me with the sig's....lol. Thanks for the props in both cases though.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
You guys are killing me with the sig's....lol. Thanks for the props in both cases though.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I need to hit 330 is 10 lbs. so I figure around 11-12 to hit my 350hp goal..

Mane you didnt know.. Travis is my scion daddy. But, we don't kiss like wayne and baby... lol
Old 12-09-2008, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_tC
All I need to hit 330 is 10 lbs. so I figure around 11-12 to hit my 350hp goal..

Mane you didnt know.. Travis is my scion daddy. But, we don't kiss like wayne and baby... lol

I think I'm the "God Father" of the Scions where we are from Vinny.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol.. Cant complain with that.. 1st tC in our parts since what 06..
Old 12-09-2008, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey man, how do u figure to hit 330 on 10lbs....isnt the avg 300 or so?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@ travis..

I'm not saying p-tuning or any other tC is SLOW on a track... im saying... there are limitations to the FWD platform that the tC is on both handling wise and putting the power down to the ground.

again... p-tunings tC might be CLOSE to a factory tC but its not exactly DD material either.

I spent less on my subie than I would have building my tC and I have the confidence that at my current setup I can beat on the car all day and not worry about the drivetrain, motor, or aftermarket piggyback ecu's

in order to build the same thing out of a tC i would have had to
1. Build the motor ( lower compression) for high boost ** my subie has a 8.2 compresson ratio**
2.Turbocharge the car
3. Get a aftermarket engine management system and get it tuned
4. Build the suspension to handle the power
5. Build the transmission to squash any worry of it failing under repeated track day

I don't think you can argue the fact that a factory turbocharged AWD/RWD car that is capable of being a DD is the best option for someone who needs to be competitive and then drive home from the track

Again, im not hating on the scion tC at all I loved mine when I had it. I just needed a different platform that would help me do everything I wanted to do. I never really ment to jack this thread and turn it into this... I was just providing my .02
Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because of the flow charactrisctics of this turbo.. Im going off of what paul at Dezod told me. And, he's the guru. So, I trust his word.. Its a 62mm turbo. A lil bigger than all the 10psi 300hp turbos we all usually run..
Old 12-09-2008, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Hey "SoGone", not to be a dick, but id think again before you talk about the subie and the reliability factor.

If you didnt know, there have been PLENTY of 300+awhp subaru
Drivelines that have broken under track abuse. The first part
To usually go is the axles and transfer case.

And the same goes for the tC, after 300+whp, things get hairy...
But i wouldnt put the wrx in a class of its own when it comes to strip to street reliability...
Old 12-09-2008, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there are plenty of WRX drive trains that are broken because people are retarded and try to launch them AWD at 5k

there are plenty of them over 375whp that run fine.

how many Sti ones are broken?

i picked up an 07 for 25k and my tranny is good to 400+ whp....

so I dont see a valid point... you can pick up sti's cheap if your willing to look.... again... cost benefit...

tranny is just ONE component of the entire picture....

you cant argue that a 300whp tC is as reliable as a 300whp WRX sti or not....
on or off the track....

Im not willing to further argue this.... if you don't choose to see it so be it... im not trying to detract from this guys thread and his good kills!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm im not arguing about reliability of cars. I personally like subaru's. They are good looking, quick cars. But wheres the fun in buying a car that is already fast? I have less then 3k into my motor, and less than 2k into the suspension to handle it all.. and my car runs great. It is very reliable. And its pretty damn fast for a street car. I have taking on many long distance trips without any problems. I also race often with no problems. ..so why are you bashing on this guy? He'll be fine with his turbo.. 10 psi is a safe setting.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_2NeR
hey man, how do u figure to hit 330 on 10lbs....isnt the avg 300 or so?

You talking to me? If so, I'm not on 10lbs.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by soGone
@ travis..

I'm not saying p-tuning or any other tC is SLOW on a track... im saying... there are limitations to the FWD platform that the tC is on both handling wise and putting the power down to the ground.

again... p-tunings tC might be CLOSE to a factory tC but its not exactly DD material either.

I spent less on my subie than I would have building my tC and I have the confidence that at my current setup I can beat on the car all day and not worry about the drivetrain, motor, or aftermarket piggyback ecu's

You paid MORE for the car. You might have not bought as much aftermarket parts to make it perform where you want, but you do realize you already paid for that performance up-front in the actual price of the car.

in order to build the same thing out of a tC i would have had to
1. Build the motor ( lower compression) for high boost ** my subie has a 8.2 compresson ratio**
2.Turbocharge the car
3. Get a aftermarket engine management system and get it tuned
4. Build the suspension to handle the power
5. Build the transmission to squash any worry of it failing under repeated track day

1) Wrong, don't need lower compression to make hella power. Since we are comparing this to your subie, you don't have over 400whp do you? Which is what the threshold is for the 2az before needing a build.

2) Yes, but once you turbo charge it, it will destroy your Subie

3) And you would also if you plan on going above the stock power. Even if you bought a Cobb tune, its still an aftermarket engine management solution that was tuned by someone else. Just easier to get on the car.

4) Yep, good set of coilovers

5) Tranny has been proven to take repeated track abuse, so the answer to this one is No you would not.

Adding the prices up of anything I said yes too, it still would not cost you more on a tC.

I don't think you can argue the fact that a factory turbocharged AWD/RWD car that is capable of being a DD is the best option for someone who needs to be competitive and then drive home from the track
It's the best option for someone who does not want to take the time in making something perform better. The minute you start modding your car to perform better, you just contradicted yourself.

Again, im not hating on the scion tC at all I loved mine when I had it. I just needed a different platform that would help me do everything I wanted to do. I never really ment to jack this thread and turn it into this... I was just providing my .02
You mean you wanted a platform that already did X Y and Z from the factory. I destroy STI's in a straight line, and after some wheels and tires, I will beat one in the corners too, but I assure you, with the money added into the tC it does not break the $30k price tag of a Brand new STI. Again, some people just prefer to build it up rather than starting from a platform that already has the extra performance that you pay for up front.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i picked up an 07 for 25k and my tranny is good to 400+ whp....
Jotech tC put down 740whp on a stock tranny. I would say it was pretty good too.

you cant argue that a 300whp tC is as reliable as a 300whp WRX sti or not....
on or off the track....
How so, I don't hear of any 300whp tC's breaking down at the track, where are you even getting your talking points from? They make no sense. You only look at he brand name and think of quality/reliability from that aspect. Instead of looking at the real world. Ptuning drove a stock motor on 14lbs of boost and Methanol for nearly half the season, and only problem they ever had was a wastegate line. You mean to tell me that's not reliable? That's real world bro. Ok, ok...you don't want to use Ptuning's car because it's a built car now. Fine, I'll use my own car. Everyone knows how much I have beaten this car to death. After nearly 3 years, I'm still make nice power. I have went through clutches, but that was due to not having the right clutch in the first place. This car sees WOT on a daily basis, weekend races every weekend for nearly 2 years, drag strip, and road course as well. AND it's daily driven still.

Im not willing to further argue this.... if you don't choose to see it so be it... im not trying to detract from this guys thread and his good kills!
Good, cause you make no sense. And being a "Brand" fanboy. I'm done, I have no more comments.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

This was as painful, as the drop kick travis laid on that kid, LOL.

Kid was asking for it, he was sparring very aggressively.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Travis...lol
Old 12-09-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics